Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 13,381
Males: 6,217 (46.5%), Females: 7,164 (53.5%)
Median resident age: 46.2 years
Median household income: $58,475 (year 2000)
Median house value: $226,200 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in St. Simons:
- White Non-Hispanic (92.9%)
- Black (3.7%)
- Hispanic (1.9%)
- Two or more races (0.6%)
Ancestries: English (23.9%), Irish (12.6%), United States (12.0%), German (11.8%), Scotch-Irish (5.4%), Scottish (4.7%).Simons, Georgia
Elevation: 13 feet
Land area: 16.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in St. Simons
- High school or higher: 95.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 51.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 20.3%
- Unemployed: 3.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 17.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in St. Simons CDP
- Never married: 17.0%
- Now married: 60.7%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 8.4%
- Divorced: 12.9%
3.8% Foreign born (1.4% Europe, 1.1% Latin America, 0.7% North America).
The Landings - Landings residential community is southern living at its finest. />
Tree - Community Selling in North Georgia />
Luxury Community - beautiful new homes with lake waterfront views. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: FL Jacksonville, (61.2 miles pop. 735,617).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (746.6 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Club Estates, GA (6.6 miles Country GA Brunswick, (7.0 miles Junction, GA (8.7 miles Dock GA Darien, (14.8 miles GA (26.7 miles Woodbine, Bay Base, GA (27.9 miles Kings Marys, GA St. (30.7 miles GA (32.0 miles Kingsland,
Latitude: 31.16 N, Longitude: 81.39 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.5%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (14.8%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (10.9%), Retail trade (10.7%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -4,593 (-34.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,417 (20.6%)
Average climate in St. Simons, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
St. Simons-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Georgia state average. It is 43% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 2/24/1963, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 2.8 miles away from the St. Simons city center caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
On 2/27/1984, a category 2 tornado 20.6 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near St. Simons:
- FOCUS BY THE SEA (about 2 miles; SAINT SIMONS ISLAND, GA)
- SOUTHEAST GEORGIA REGIONAL MEDICAL CEN (about 8 miles; BRUNSWICK, GA)
- CAMDEN MEDICAL CENTER (about 31 miles; SAINT MARYS, GA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to St. Simons:
- BRUNSWICK GOLDEN ISLES (about 8 miles; BRUNSWICK, GA; ID: BQK)
- JACKSONVILLE INTL (about 51 miles; JACKSONVILLE, FL; ID: JAX)
- HUNTER AAF (about 61 miles; SAVANNAH, GA; ID: SVN)
Other public-use airports nearest to St. Simons:
- MALCOLM MC KINNON (about 1 miles; BRUNSWICK, GA; ID: SSI)
- JEKYLL ISLAND (about 7 miles; JEKYLL ISLAND, GA; ID: 09J)
- ST MARYS (about 31 miles; ST MARYS, GA; ID: 4J6)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to St. Simons:
- ARMSTRONG ATLANTIC STATE UNIVERSITY (about 59 miles; SAVANNAH, GA; Full-time enrollment: 3,945)
- SAVANNAH COLLEGE OF ART AND DESIGN (about 60 miles; SAVANNAH, GA; FT enrollment: 4,565)
- FLORIDA COMMUNITY COLLEGE AT JACKSONVILLE (about 61 miles; JACKSONVILLE, FL; FT enrollment: 10,495)
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH FLORIDA (about 61 miles; JACKSONVILLE, FL; FT enrollment: 9,256)
- GEORGIA SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY (about 91 miles; STATESBORO, GA; FT enrollment: 12,724)
- SAINT JOHNS RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 105 miles; PALATKA, FL; FT enrollment: 2,509)
- UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA (about 122 miles; GAINESVILLE, FL; FT enrollment: 41,543)
Notable locations in St. Simons: Sea Palms Golf Club (A), Sea Island Yacht Club (B), Sea Island Golf Course (C), Epworth-by-the-Sea Camp (D), Island Golf Club (E), Saint Simons Lighthouse (F), Saint Simons Mills (G), Saint Simons Yacht Club (H).
Shopping Centers: Retreat Village Shopping Center (1), Hanover Square Shopping Center (2), Longview Shopping Center (3), Red Fern Shopping Center (4).
Churches in St. Simons include: Saint Williams Church (A), Saint Simons Mill Church (B), Saint Simons Methodist Church (C), Saint Ignatius Church (D), First Baptist Church (E).
Cemeteries: Stranger Cemetery (1), Retreat Cemetery (2), Oglethorpe Memorial Gardens (3). Bloody Marsh (A).
Creeks: Hawkins Creek (A), King Creek (B), Postell Creek (C), Dunbar Creek (D).
Parks in St. Simons include: Bloody Marsh Site (1), Butler Field Park (2), Butter Field Park (3), Demere Park (4), Epworth Park (5), Massingale Park (6), Neptune Park (7), Twitty Park (8).
St. Simons compared to Georgia state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in St. Simons:
- WGIG (1440 AM; 5 kW; BRUNSWICK, GA)
- WSFN (790 AM; 3 kW; BRUNSWICK, GA)
- WOKV (690 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WCGA (1100 AM; daytime; 10 kW; WOODBINE, GA; Owner: COX BROADCAST GROUP, INC.)
- WMOG (1490 AM; 1 kW; BRUNSWICK, GA; Owner: QANTUM OF BRUNSWICK LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WOBS (1530 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: WORD BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WGSR (1570 AM; 50 kW; FERNANDINA BEACH, FL; Owner: RJM COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WFVR (910 AM; 50 kW; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: RAMA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WIOJ (1010 AM; 10 kW; JACKSONVILLE BEACH, FL)
- WFLF (540 AM; 50 kW; PINE HILLS, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WWIO (1190 AM; daytime; 3 kW; ST. MARYS, GA; Owner: LIGHTHOUSE CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WQTM (740 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBWL (600 AM; 5 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL)
Strongest FM radio stations in St. Simons:
- WXMK (105.9 FM; DOCK JUNCTION, GA; Owner: GOLDEN ISLES BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WHFX (92.7 FM; ST. SIMONS ISLAND, GA; Owner: QANTUM OF BRUNSWICK LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WRJY (104.1 FM; BRUNSWICK, GA; Owner: GOLDEN ISLES BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WAYR-FM (90.7 FM; BRUNSWICK, GA; Owner: GOOD TIDINGS TRUST, INC)
- WBGA (107.7 FM; DARIEN, GA; Owner: QANTUM OF BRUNSWICK LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- W220DH (91.9 FM; BRUNSWICK, GA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WWEZ-LP (94.7 FM; ST. SIMONS ISLAND, GA; Owner: ST. SIMONS RADIO, INC.)
- WWIO-FM (88.9 FM; BRUNSWICK, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WSOL-FM (101.5 FM; BRUNSWICK, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WWRR (100.7 FM; BRUNSWICK, GA; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- WWSN (103.3 FM; WAYCROSS, GA; Owner: QANTUM OF BRUNSWICK LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WGCO (98.3 FM; MIDWAY, GA; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WYNR (102.5 FM; WAYCROSS, GA; Owner: QANTUM OF BRUNSWICK LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WECC-FM (89.3 FM; FOLKSTON, GA; Owner: LIGHTHOUSE CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around St. Simons:
- WPXC-TV (Channel 21; BRUNSWICK, GA; Owner: PAXSON JAX LICENSE, INC.)
- WJWB (Channel 17; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- W33AL (Channel 33; BRUNSWICK, GA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.