Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,578
Males: 3,361 (51.1%), Females: 3,217 (48.9%)
Median resident age: 36.1 years
Median household income: $45,397 (year 2000)
Median house value: $301,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Haiku-Pauwela:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (53.9%)
- Two or more races (24.6%)
- Hispanic (8.3%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (7.0%)
- Japanese (5.0%)
- American Indian (3.0%)
- Filipino (3.0%)
- Other Asian (1.0%)
- Other race (1.0%)
- Chinese (0.9%)
- Black (0.5%)
Ancestries: English (12.7%), German (12.6%), Irish (11.0%), Portuguese (8.6%), Dutch (2.8%), Scottish (2.6%).Hawaii forum
Land area: 15.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Haiku-Pauwela
- High school or higher: 88.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 24.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.3%
- Unemployed: 5.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 29.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Haiku-Pauwela CDP
- Never married: 30.8%
- Now married: 51.0%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 5.1%
- Divorced: 11.9%
7.3% Foreign born (2.4% Asia, 2.4% Europe, 0.9% Latin America, 0.8% North America).
Vacation Rentals - Vacation Rentals, Villas Homes and Cottages in Haiku, Maui. />
Real Estate - A Complete List of Homes. Free Search for Homes in Hawaii. />
HI Real Estate - Qualified Local Agents MLS, Mortgages, Movers & More />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: HI Honolulu, (107.4 miles pop. 371,657).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (2761.0 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: HI (3.7 miles Haliimaile, HI (4.4 miles Paia, HI (4.6 miles Makawao, HI (6.0 miles Pukalani, HI (11.0 miles Kahului, HI (13.2 miles Wailuku, HI (13.2 miles Waihee-Waiehu, HI (14.3 miles Waikapu,
Latitude: 20.92 N, Longitude: 156.31 W
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (17.7%), Educational,health and social services (17.4%), Construction (12.5%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,932 (-29.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 652 (21.2%)
Average climate in Haiku-Pauwela, Hawaii
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Haiku-Pauwela:
- MAUI MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 14 miles; WAILUKU, HI)
- KULA HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; KULA, HI)
- LANAI COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 44 miles; LANAI CITY, HI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Haiku-Pauwela:
- KAHULUI (about 8 miles; KAHULUI, HI; ID: OGG)
- KAPALUA (about 25 miles; LAHAINA, HI; ID: JHM)
- LANAI (about 46 miles; LANAI CITY, HI; ID: LNY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Haiku-Pauwela:
- HANA (about 24 miles; HANA, HI; ID: HNM)
- KALAUPAPA (about 50 miles; KALAUPAPA, HI; ID: LUP)
- MOLOKAI (about 56 miles; KAUNAKAKAI, HI; ID: MKK)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Haiku-Pauwela:
- KAPIOLANI COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 106 miles; HONOLULU, HI; Full-time enrollment: 4,131)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT MANOA (about 108 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 14,113)
- HAWAII PACIFIC UNIVERSITY (about 111 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 6,186)
- HONOLULU COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 111 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 2,787)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT HILO (about 119 miles; HILO, HI; FT enrollment: 2,434)
- LEEWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 120 miles; PEARL CITY, HI; FT enrollment: 3,511)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY-HAWAII CAMPUS (about 123 miles; LAIE, HI; FT enrollment: 2,273)
Notable locations in Haiku-Pauwela: Pauwela Lighthouse (A), Haiku Community Center (B).
Cemetery: Valley Isle Memorial Park (1).
Lakes and reservoirs: Alelele (A), Pauwela Reservoir (B), Haiku Reservoir (C), Kaupakulua Reservoir (D), Peahi Reservoir (E).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Kealii Stream (A), Uaoa Stream (B).
Parks in Haiku-Pauwela include: Haiku Park (1), Pa‘uwela Point Park (2), Fourth Marine Division Memorial Park (3).
Post office: (A).
Haiku-Pauwela compared to Hawaii state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Haiku-Pauwela:
- KUAU (1570 AM; 50 kW; HAIKU, HI; Owner: FIRST ASSEMBLY OF GOD-KAHULUI, MAUI)
- KMVI (550 AM; 5 kW; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- KAOI (1110 AM; 5 kW; KIHEI, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KNUI (900 AM; 5 kW; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KAIM (870 AM; 50 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KIPA (620 AM; 10 kW; NAALEHU, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KORL (690 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: NEW WAVE BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- KPUA (670 AM; 10 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: NEW WEST BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KGU (760 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KSSK (590 AM; 8 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHVH (830 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHNR (650 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KLHT (1040 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF HONOLULU, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Haiku-Pauwela:
- KKUA (90.7 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- KONI (104.7 FM; LANAI CITY, HI; Owner: HOCHMAN HAWAII PUBLISHING, INC.)
- KJMD (98.3 FM; PUKALANI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- K220HA (91.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K210CM (89.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KLHI-FM (101.1 FM; LAHAINA, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KNUI-FM (99.9 FM; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KAOI-FM (95.1 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT INC)
- KPOA (93.5 FM; LAHAINA, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KPMW (105.5 FM; HALIIMAILE, HI; Owner: REY-CEL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KDLX (94.3 FM; MAKAWAO, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT)
TV broadcast stations around Haiku-Pauwela:
- K27DW (Channel 27; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- KWHM (Channel 21; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: LESEA BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KAMN-LP (Channel 61; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: JULIET R. YANKLOWITZ)
- KMAU (Channel 12; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: KITV HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.