Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,107
Males: 3,092 (50.6%), Females: 3,015 (49.4%)
Median resident age: 42.1 years
Median household income: $50,492 (year 2000)
Median house value: $265,500 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Holualoa:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (52.9%)
- Two or more races (17.1%)
- Japanese (7.8%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (7.6%)
- Hispanic (7.4%)
- Filipino (6.4%)
- American Indian (2.5%)
- Other race (1.5%)
- Other Asian (1.4%)
- Chinese (1.1%)
- Black (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (12.1%), English (10.4%), Irish (8.4%), Scottish (4.1%), Italian (3.5%), Polish (3.3%).Hawaii
Elevation: 1372 feet
Land area: 14.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Holualoa
- High school or higher: 89.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 27.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.0%
- Unemployed: 1.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Holualoa CDP
- Never married: 27.5%
- Now married: 54.7%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 4.8%
- Divorced: 11.9%
11.0% Foreign born (7.2% Asia, 1.4% Europe, 1.4% Oceania).
Island Real Estate - Hawaii Island Realty Listing! Find Foreclosures Get Insider Info />
Island Hawaii - for Hawaii The Big Island? See our Hawaii guide. />
Hawaii Realtors - Century 21's Huge Selection! Oahu, Maui, Kauai & the Big Island. />
Island Vacation Homes - 25 Affordable Private Vacation Homes Close to Hilo and The Volcano />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: HI Honolulu, (173.2 miles pop. 371,657).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (2770.0 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: HI Kahaluu-Keauhou, (2.9 miles HI Kailua, (2.9 miles HI (4.7 miles Honalo, HI Kealakekua, (7.0 miles HI Kalaoa, (7.8 miles Cook, HI Captain (9.3 miles HI (13.0 miles Honaunau-Napoopoo, HI Puako, (23.0 miles
Latitude: 19.62 N, Longitude: 155.97 W
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (22.8%), Educational,health and social services (14.6%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (11.5%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.8%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,475 (-40.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 364 (11.0%)
Average climate in Holualoa, Hawaii
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Holualoa:
- KONA COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 7 miles; KEALAKEKUA, HI)
- NORTH HAWAII COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 35 miles; KAMUELA, HI)
- KAU HOSPITAL (about 43 miles; PAHALA, HI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Holualoa:
- KONA INTL AT KEAHOLE (about 10 miles; KAILUA/KONA, HI; ID: KOA)
- HILO INTERNATIONAL (about 66 miles; HILO, HI; ID: ITO)
- KAHULUI (about 93 miles; KAHULUI, HI; ID: OGG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Holualoa:
- WAIMEA-KOHALA (about 34 miles; KAMUELA, HI; ID: MUE)
- UPOLU (about 45 miles; HAWI, HI; ID: UPP)
- HANA (about 81 miles; HANA, HI; ID: HNM)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Holualoa:
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT HILO (about 61 miles; HILO, HI; Full-time enrollment: 2,434)
- KAPIOLANI COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 171 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 4,131)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT MANOA (about 174 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 14,113)
- HAWAII PACIFIC UNIVERSITY (about 176 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 6,186)
- HONOLULU COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 176 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 2,787)
- LEEWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 186 miles; PEARL CITY, HI; FT enrollment: 3,511)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY-HAWAII CAMPUS (about 195 miles; LAIE, HI; FT enrollment: 2,273)
Private high school in Holualoa:
- MAKUA LANI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 69; Location: 74 4947 MAMALAHOA HWY; Grades: 6 - 12)
Public primary/middle school in Holualoa:
- HOLUALOA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 433; Location: 76-5957 MAMALAHOA HIGHWAY; Grades: PK - 05)
Notable locations in Holualoa: Kealakowaa Heiau (A), Hölualoa Mauka Camp (B), Hölualoa Community Center (C).
Churches in Holualoa include: Door of Faith Church (A), Immaculate Conception Roman Catholic Church (B).
Lake: Luawai (A).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Wai‘aha Stream (A).
Post office: (A).
Holualoa compared to Hawaii state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Holualoa:
- KKON (790 AM; 5 kW; KEALAKEKUA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO ( HAWAII LIMITED PA)
- KUAU (1570 AM; 50 kW; HAIKU, HI; Owner: FIRST ASSEMBLY OF GOD-KAHULUI, MAUI)
- KIPA (620 AM; 10 kW; NAALEHU, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KPUA (670 AM; 10 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: NEW WEST BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KAIM (870 AM; 50 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KHLO (850 AM; 5 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF HAWAII LICENSE, LLC)
- KHBC (1060 AM; 5 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: HILO BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- KMVI (550 AM; 5 kW; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- KNUI (900 AM; 5 kW; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KAOI (1110 AM; 5 kW; KIHEI, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KORL (690 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: NEW WAVE BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- KGU (760 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KHNR (650 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Holualoa:
- KLEO (106.1 FM; KAHALUU, HI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF HAWAII LICENSE, LLC)
- KLUA (93.9 FM; KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KAGB (99.1 FM; WAIMEA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KAOY (101.5 FM; KEALAKEKUA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO ( HAWAII LIMITED PA)
- KKUA (90.7 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- KNUQ (103.7 FM; PAAUILO, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT II,)
- KWYI (106.9 FM; KAWAIHAE, HI; Owner: COLIN H. NAITO)
- K211EU (90.1 FM; KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K288CS (105.5 FM; KAWAIHAE, HI; Owner: MOUNT WILSON FM BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- K220HM (91.9 FM; KALAOA KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Holualoa:
- KLEI (Channel 6; KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: AINA'E CO., LTD)
- K63DZ (Channel 63; KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.