Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 20,146
Males: 9,936 (49.3%), Females: 10,210 (50.7%)
Median resident age: 35.9 years
Median household income: $46,656 (year 2000)
Median house value: $226,500 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Kahului:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Filipino (31.7%)
- Two or more races (24.4%)
- Japanese (17.4%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (9.9%)
- Hispanic (8.8%)
- White Non-Hispanic (8.6%)
- Other Asian (2.7%)
- American Indian (2.0%)
- Other race (1.5%)
- Chinese (0.9%)
- Korean (0.6%)
Ancestries: Portuguese (5.3%), German (2.4%), Irish (1.5%), English (1.3%).Hawaii
Elevation: 40 feet
Land area: 15.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Kahului
- High school or higher: 71.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.9%
- Unemployed: 6.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 20.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Kahului CDP
- Never married: 29.7%
- Now married: 52.1%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 8.7%
- Divorced: 8.1%
25.7% Foreign born (23.0% Asia).
Homes - A Complete List of Homes. Free Search for Homes in Hawaii. />
Maui Activities - Time-Share, Real Honest Prices Activities for the whole family />
Foreclosures - for Free, Bank and Government Property Listings />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: HI Honolulu, (97.9 miles pop. 371,657).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (2771.9 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: HI (2.5 miles Wailuku, HI (3.5 miles Waikapu, HI (3.7 miles Waihee-Waiehu, HI (5.3 miles Maalaea, HI (6.6 miles Paia, HI Kihei, (8.5 miles HI (8.6 miles Haliimaile, HI (9.0 miles Pukalani,
Latitude: 20.88 N, Longitude: 156.47 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 808
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (23.5%), Educational,health and social services (14.5%), Retail trade (13.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +4,789 (+23.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,496 (42.6%)
Average climate in Kahului, Hawaii
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Kahului:
- MAUI MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 3 miles; WAILUKU, HI)
- KULA HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; KULA, HI)
- LANAI COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 33 miles; LANAI CITY, HI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Kahului:
- KAHULUI (about 4 miles; KAHULUI, HI; ID: OGG)
- KAPALUA (about 15 miles; LAHAINA, HI; ID: JHM)
- LANAI (about 35 miles; LANAI CITY, HI; ID: LNY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Kahului:
- HANA (about 34 miles; HANA, HI; ID: HNM)
- KALAUPAPA (about 41 miles; KALAUPAPA, HI; ID: LUP)
- MOLOKAI (about 47 miles; KAUNAKAKAI, HI; ID: MKK)
College/University in Kahului:
- MAUI COMMUNITY COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 1,562; Location: 310 KAAHUMANU AVE; Public; Website: www.mauicc.hawaii.edu)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Kahului:
- KAPIOLANI COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 97 miles; HONOLULU, HI; Full-time enrollment: 4,131)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT MANOA (about 99 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 14,113)
- HAWAII PACIFIC UNIVERSITY (about 101 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 6,186)
- HONOLULU COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 102 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 2,787)
- LEEWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 110 miles; PEARL CITY, HI; FT enrollment: 3,511)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY-HAWAII CAMPUS (about 114 miles; LAIE, HI; FT enrollment: 2,273)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT HILO (about 125 miles; HILO, HI; FT enrollment: 2,434)
Public high school in Kahului:
- MAUI HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,669; Location: 660 SOUTH LONO AVENUE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Kahului:
- KAAHUMANU HON CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 134; Location: 707 S PUUNENE AVE; Grades: PK - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Kahului:
- LIHIKAI ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 1,149; Location: 335 SOUTH PAPA AVENUE; Grades: PK - 05)
- MAUI WAENA INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL (Students: 1,033; Location: 795 ONEHEE STREET; Grades: 06 - 08)
- KAHULUI ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 859; Location: 410 SOUTH HINA AVENUE; Grades: PK - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Kahului:
- CHRIST THE KING ELEM SCHOOL (Students: 146; Location: 211 S KAULAWAHINE ST; Grades: PK - 6)
- EMMANUEL LUTHERAN SCHOOL (Students: 95; Location: 520 W ONE STREET; Grades: KG - 6)
- VICTORY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 68; Location: 420 N WAKEA AVE; Grades: UG - UG)
- MAUI ADVENTIST SCHOOL (Students: 30; Location: 261 SOUTH PUUNENE AVENUE; Grades: 1 - 8)
Notable locations in Kahului: Maui Community Correctional Center (A), Maui Zoological and Botanical Gardens (B), KMVI Radio Station (C), Kahului Public Library (D).
Shopping Centers: Maui Mall Shopping Center (1), Kaahumanu Shopping Center (2), Kahului Shopping Center (3).
Churches in Kahului include: Ala Lani United Methodist Church (A), Kahului Jodo Mission (B), Maui Evangelical Church (C), Tenrikyo Maui Kyokai Church (D), Christ The King Church (E).
Lakes and reservoirs: Kanaha Pond (A), Mauoni (B), Waiale Reservoirs (C).
Parks in Kahului include: Kahului Park (1), Hoaloha Park (2), Maui County Fairgrounds (3), Kamalii Park (4), Pompaiki Park (5), Baldwin Park (6), Kanaha Pond State Wildlife Sanctuary (7), Kanaha Pond Waterfowl Refuge (8).
Beach: Kahului Beach (A).
Kahului compared to Hawaii state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Kahului:
- KMVI (550 AM; 5 kW; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- KUAU (1570 AM; 50 kW; HAIKU, HI; Owner: FIRST ASSEMBLY OF GOD-KAHULUI, MAUI)
- KAOI (1110 AM; 5 kW; KIHEI, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KNUI (900 AM; 5 kW; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KAIM (870 AM; 50 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KORL (690 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: NEW WAVE BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- KGU (760 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KSSK (590 AM; 8 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHVH (830 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KIPA (620 AM; 10 kW; NAALEHU, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KHNR (650 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KPUA (670 AM; 10 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: NEW WEST BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KLHT (1040 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF HONOLULU, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Kahului:
- KKUA (90.7 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- KONI (104.7 FM; LANAI CITY, HI; Owner: HOCHMAN HAWAII PUBLISHING, INC.)
- K220HA (91.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K210CM (89.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KLHI-FM (101.1 FM; LAHAINA, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KNUI-FM (99.9 FM; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KJMD (98.3 FM; PUKALANI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- KAOI-FM (95.1 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT INC)
- KPOA (93.5 FM; LAHAINA, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KNUQ-FM1 (103.7 FM; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT II,)
- K244AG (96.7 FM; MAUI, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KPMW (105.5 FM; HALIIMAILE, HI; Owner: REY-CEL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K297AC (107.3 FM; WAILUKU, ETC., HI; Owner: LAHAINA BROADCASTING COMPANY, LTD.)
- KEAO-LP (91.5 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: MANA'O RADIO)
- K224CG (92.7 FM; MAALAEA, ETC., HI; Owner: LAHAINA BROADCASTING COMPANY, LTD.)
TV broadcast stations around Kahului:
- KWHM (Channel 21; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: LESEA BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- K27DW (Channel 27; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- K21AG (Channel 21; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: LESEA BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KAMN-LP (Channel 61; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: JULIET R. YANKLOWITZ)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.