Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,870
Males: 4,904 (49.7%), Females: 4,966 (50.3%)
Median resident age: 35.5 years
Median household income: $40,874 (year 2000)
Median house value: $190,900 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Kailua:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (36.4%)
- Two or more races (27.1%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (13.2%)
- Hispanic (10.2%)
- Filipino (8.9%)
- Japanese (5.7%)
- American Indian (3.0%)
- Other race (1.9%)
- Other Asian (1.8%)
- Chinese (1.1%)
- Korean (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (8.7%), Irish (6.7%), English (5.3%), Portuguese (5.3%), Italian (3.6%), United States (3.2%).Hawaii forum
Land area: 35.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Kailua
- High school or higher: 84.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.6%
- Unemployed: 6.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Kailua CDP
- Never married: 31.3%
- Now married: 48.7%
- Separated: 2.9%
- Widowed: 5.2%
- Divorced: 11.9%
13.0% Foreign born (7.5% Asia, 1.8% Oceania, 1.8% Latin America, 1.5% Europe).
Vacation Rentals - Vacation Rentals, Villas Homes and Cottages in Kailua, HI. />
Home - Luxury Oceanfront Vacation Homes. Start at $115/Day />
Hawaii The Big Island - for Hawaii The Big Island? See our Hawaii guide. />
Hawaii Vacation Rentals - Hawaii vacation rentals online See our Hawaii rentals guide. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: HI Honolulu, (170.3 miles pop. 371,657).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (2770.8 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: HI Holualoa, (2.9 miles HI Kalaoa, (5.1 miles HI Kahaluu-Keauhou, (5.6 miles HI (7.7 miles Honalo, HI Kealakekua, (9.8 miles Cook, HI Captain (12.2 miles HI (15.9 miles Honaunau-Napoopoo, HI Puako, (21.4 miles
Latitude: 19.65 N, Longitude: 155.99 W
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (23.7%), Retail trade (18.4%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +5,166 (+52.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,921 (60.5%)
Average climate in Kailua, Hawaii
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: Chris Naeole - 2005 NFL player (Jacksonville Jaguars, born: Dec 25, 1974), Scott Feldman - 2005 Major League Baseball player (Texas Rangers, born: Feb 7, 1983), Julian Sensley - College basketball player (Hawaii Warriors).
Hospital/medical center in Kailua:
- CASTLE MEDICAL CENTER (640 ULUKAHIKI ST)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Kailua:
- KONA COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; KEALAKEKUA, HI)
- NORTH HAWAII COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 34 miles; KAMUELA, HI)
- KOHALA HOSPITAL (about 42 miles; KAPAAU, HI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Kailua:
- KONA INTL AT KEAHOLE (about 7 miles; KAILUA/KONA, HI; ID: KOA)
- HILO INTERNATIONAL (about 67 miles; HILO, HI; ID: ITO)
- KAHULUI (about 90 miles; KAHULUI, HI; ID: OGG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Kailua:
- WAIMEA-KOHALA (about 34 miles; KAMUELA, HI; ID: MUE)
- UPOLU (about 43 miles; HAWI, HI; ID: UPP)
- HANA (about 78 miles; HANA, HI; ID: HNM)
College/University in Kailua:
- ELECTRONICS INSTITUTE (Location: 169 Kuupua Street; Private, for-profit; Website: home1.gte.net/elecinst)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Kailua:
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT HILO (about 63 miles; HILO, HI; Full-time enrollment: 2,434)
- KAPIOLANI COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 168 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 4,131)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT MANOA (about 171 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 14,113)
- HAWAII PACIFIC UNIVERSITY (about 173 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 6,186)
- HONOLULU COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 174 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 2,787)
- LEEWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 183 miles; PEARL CITY, HI; FT enrollment: 3,511)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY-HAWAII CAMPUS (about 192 miles; LAIE, HI; FT enrollment: 2,273)
Public high schools in Kailua:
- KALAHEO HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,115; Location: 730 ILIAINA STREET; Grades: 09 - 12)
- KAILUA HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 986; Location: 451 ULUMANU DRIVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
- OLOMANA HIGH & INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL (Students: 161; Location: 42-471 KALANIANAOLE HIGHWAY; Grades: 07 - 12)
Private high schools in Kailua:
- REDEMPTION ACADEMY (Students: 140; Location: 355 N. KAINALU DRIVE; Grades: PK - 12)
- KAILUA CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 65; Location: 305 HAHAINI ST #109; Grades: 1 - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Kailua:
- KAILUA INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL (Students: 941; Location: 145 SOUTH KAINALU DRIVE; Grades: 07 - 08)
- MOKAPU ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 848; Location: 1193 MOKAPU BL; Grades: PK - 06)
- AIKAHI ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 608; Location: 281 ILIHAU STREET; Grades: PK - 06)
- KAINALU ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 599; Location: 165 KAIHOLU STREET; Grades: PK - 06)
- KAILUA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 535; Location: 315 KUULEI ROAD; Grades: PK - 06)
- MAUNAWILI ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 444; Location: 1465 ULUPII STREET; Grades: PK - 06)
- ENCHANTED LAKE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 373; Location: 770 KEOLU DRIVE; Grades: PK - 06)
- LANIKAI ELEMENTARY PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOL (Students: 303; Location: 140 ALALA ROAD; Grades: KG - 06)
- KEOLU ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 210; Location: 1416 KEOLU DRIVE; Grades: PK - 06)
- KAELEPULU ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 181; Location: 530 KEOLU DRIVE; Grades: KG - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Kailua:
- LE JARDIN ACADEMY (Students: 399; Location: 917 KALANIANAOLE HWY; Grades: PK - 8)
- ST JOHN VIANNEY PARISH SCHOOL (Students: 277; Location: 940 KEOLU DRIVE; Grades: KG - 8)
- ST ANTHONY SCHOOL (Students: 271; Location: 148 MAKAWAO STREET; Grades: KG - 8)
- TRINITY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 233; Location: 875 AULOA RD; Grades: PK - 6)
- WINDWARD ADVENTIST SCHOOL (Students: 72; Location: 160 MOOKUA STREET; Grades: KG - 8)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- All of the information posted in the Kailua Oahu segment that is between \"Other Hospitals and Colleges/Universities with over 2000 students\" is actually information for Kailua-Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii. After that, the K-12 school information is correct but the radio/TV station information is for Kailua-Kona.
- The maps for the smaller of Hawaii\'s two towns named Kailua are incorrect; they show the larger of the two. The smaller Kailua (often called Kailua-Kona) is on Hawaii Island (\"the Big Island\"), not Oahu.
- The links for Kailua(Oahu Is.,36,513) and Kailua Kona(Hawaii Is.,9870) both lead to Kailua(Oahu,36,513) These are two seperate cities on seperate Islands. Please give Kailua Kona it\'s proper name and information.Thank you:)
Notable locations in Kailua: Sheep Station (A), Hölualoa Makai Camp (B), Hale o Lono Heiau (C), Hulihe‘e Palace (D), Hale Häläwai (E).
Shopping Centers: Akona Kai Shopping Mall Shopping Center (1), Kona Coast Shopping Center (2), North Kona Shopping Center (3), World Square Shopping Plaza Shopping Center (4).
Churches in Kailua include: Moku‘aikaua Church (A), Saint Michaels Church (B).
Cemetery: Keöpü Cemetery (1).
Parks in Kailua include: Hulihe‘e Palace State Monument (1), Hillcrest Park (2), Old Kona Airport State Recreation Area (3).
Beaches: Beans Beach (A), ‘Alula Beach (B).
Post office: (A).
Kailua compared to Hawaii state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Kailua:
- KKON (790 AM; 5 kW; KEALAKEKUA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO ( HAWAII LIMITED PA)
- KUAU (1570 AM; 50 kW; HAIKU, HI; Owner: FIRST ASSEMBLY OF GOD-KAHULUI, MAUI)
- KIPA (620 AM; 10 kW; NAALEHU, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KPUA (670 AM; 10 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: NEW WEST BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KAIM (870 AM; 50 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KHLO (850 AM; 5 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF HAWAII LICENSE, LLC)
- KHBC (1060 AM; 5 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: HILO BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- KMVI (550 AM; 5 kW; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- KNUI (900 AM; 5 kW; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KAOI (1110 AM; 5 kW; KIHEI, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KORL (690 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: NEW WAVE BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- KGU (760 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KHNR (650 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Kailua:
- KLEO (106.1 FM; KAHALUU, HI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF HAWAII LICENSE, LLC)
- KLUA (93.9 FM; KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KAGB (99.1 FM; WAIMEA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KAOY (101.5 FM; KEALAKEKUA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO ( HAWAII LIMITED PA)
- KKUA (90.7 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- KNUQ (103.7 FM; PAAUILO, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT II,)
- KWYI (106.9 FM; KAWAIHAE, HI; Owner: COLIN H. NAITO)
- K211EU (90.1 FM; KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K288CS (105.5 FM; KAWAIHAE, HI; Owner: MOUNT WILSON FM BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- K220HM (91.9 FM; KALAOA KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Kailua:
- KLEI (Channel 6; KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: AINA'E CO., LTD)
- K63DZ (Channel 63; KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.