Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,794
Males: 3,439 (50.6%), Females: 3,355 (49.4%)
Median resident age: 38.8 years
Median household income: $53,024 (year 2000)
Median house value: $233,800 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Kalaoa:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (47.9%)
- Two or more races (25.3%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (10.3%)
- Japanese (6.4%)
- Hispanic (5.9%)
- Filipino (4.1%)
- American Indian (2.6%)
- Other Asian (1.7%)
- Chinese (0.8%)
- Other race (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (13.5%), Irish (9.8%), English (7.4%), Portuguese (2.9%), Swedish (2.5%), Scotch-Irish (2.5%).Hawaii
Elevation: 1749 feet
Land area: 39.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Kalaoa
- High school or higher: 89.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.6%
- Unemployed: 2.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Kalaoa CDP
- Never married: 26.3%
- Now married: 58.8%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 2.8%
- Divorced: 10.9%
7.2% Foreign born (4.0% Asia, 1.5% Europe, 0.8% North America).
Hawaii - Homes For Sale In Hawaii New Homes, & Foreclosures And More. />
Island Hawaii - for Hawaii The Big Island? See our Hawaii guide. />
Hawaii Realtors - Century 21's Huge Selection! Oahu, Maui, Kauai & the Big Island. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: HI Honolulu, (166.4 miles pop. 371,657).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (2769.7 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: HI Kailua, (5.1 miles HI Holualoa, (7.8 miles HI Kahaluu-Keauhou, (10.6 miles HI (12.4 miles Honalo, HI Kealakekua, (14.7 miles Cook, HI Captain (17.0 miles HI Puako, (17.4 miles HI (20.8 miles Honaunau-Napoopoo,
Latitude: 19.72 N, Longitude: 156.00 W
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (21.9%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (12.1%), Construction (11.2%), Retail trade (11.0%), Educational,health and social services (10.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,758 (-40.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 486 (13.1%)
Average climate in Kalaoa, Hawaii
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Kalaoa:
- KONA COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 15 miles; KEALAKEKUA, HI)
- NORTH HAWAII COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 31 miles; KAMUELA, HI)
- KOHALA HOSPITAL (about 38 miles; KAPAAU, HI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Kalaoa:
- KONA INTL AT KEAHOLE (about 3 miles; KAILUA/KONA, HI; ID: KOA)
- HILO INTERNATIONAL (about 68 miles; HILO, HI; ID: ITO)
- KAHULUI (about 85 miles; KAHULUI, HI; ID: OGG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Kalaoa:
- WAIMEA-KOHALA (about 31 miles; KAMUELA, HI; ID: MUE)
- UPOLU (about 38 miles; HAWI, HI; ID: UPP)
- HANA (about 73 miles; HANA, HI; ID: HNM)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Kalaoa:
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT HILO (about 63 miles; HILO, HI; Full-time enrollment: 2,434)
- KAPIOLANI COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 165 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 4,131)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT MANOA (about 167 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 14,113)
- HAWAII PACIFIC UNIVERSITY (about 169 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 6,186)
- HONOLULU COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 170 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 2,787)
- LEEWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 179 miles; PEARL CITY, HI; FT enrollment: 3,511)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY-HAWAII CAMPUS (about 188 miles; LAIE, HI; FT enrollment: 2,273)
Notable locations in Kalaoa: Kaehole Southwest Substation (A), Natural Energy Laboratory (B).
Lake: Opaeula Pond (A).
Parks in Kalaoa include: Kona Coast State Park (1), Kaloko-Honoköhau National Historical Park (2).
Beaches: Mahai‘ula Beach (A), Makalawena Beach (B), Manini‘owali Beach * (C).
Kalaoa compared to Hawaii state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Kalaoa:
- KKON (790 AM; 5 kW; KEALAKEKUA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO ( HAWAII LIMITED PA)
- KUAU (1570 AM; 50 kW; HAIKU, HI; Owner: FIRST ASSEMBLY OF GOD-KAHULUI, MAUI)
- KIPA (620 AM; 10 kW; NAALEHU, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KPUA (670 AM; 10 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: NEW WEST BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KAIM (870 AM; 50 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KHLO (850 AM; 5 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF HAWAII LICENSE, LLC)
- KMVI (550 AM; 5 kW; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- KHBC (1060 AM; 5 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: HILO BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- KNUI (900 AM; 5 kW; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KAOI (1110 AM; 5 kW; KIHEI, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KORL (690 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: NEW WAVE BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- KGU (760 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KHNR (650 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Kalaoa:
- KLUA (93.9 FM; KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KAGB (99.1 FM; WAIMEA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KAOY (101.5 FM; KEALAKEKUA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO ( HAWAII LIMITED PA)
- KLEO (106.1 FM; KAHALUU, HI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF HAWAII LICENSE, LLC)
- KKUA (90.7 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- KNUQ (103.7 FM; PAAUILO, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT II,)
- KWYI (106.9 FM; KAWAIHAE, HI; Owner: COLIN H. NAITO)
- K220HA (91.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K210CM (89.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K220HM (91.9 FM; KALAOA KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K211EU (90.1 FM; KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K288CS (105.5 FM; KAWAIHAE, HI; Owner: MOUNT WILSON FM BROADCASTERS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Kalaoa:
- KLEI (Channel 6; KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: AINA'E CO., LTD)
- K63DZ (Channel 63; KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.