Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,472
Males: 4,692 (49.5%), Females: 4,780 (50.5%)
Median resident age: 35.2 years
Median household income: $39,448 (year 2000)
Median house value: $194,000 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Kapaa:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Two or more races (28.7%)
- White Non-Hispanic (26.1%)
- Filipino (16.6%)
- Japanese (10.2%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (9.9%)
- Hispanic (9.5%)
- American Indian (3.2%)
- Other Asian (3.1%)
- Chinese (1.1%)
- Other race (1.0%)
Ancestries: Portuguese (9.8%), German (4.8%), Irish (4.0%), English (3.8%), French (2.0%), Italian (2.0%).Hawaii
Elevation: 10 feet
Land area: 9.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Kapaa
- High school or higher: 85.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.4%
- Unemployed: 7.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Kapaa CDP
- Never married: 28.8%
- Now married: 53.0%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 5.5%
- Divorced: 11.0%
11.8% Foreign born (9.9% Asia).
Vacation Rentals - to Luxurious - Book On-Line Oceanfront: Princeville to Poipu />
Vacation Rentals - Vacation Rentals, Villas Homes and Cottages in Kapaa, Kauai. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: HI Honolulu, (117.0 miles pop. 371,657).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (2934.2 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: HI (2.1 miles Wailua, Homesteads, HI (3.6 miles Wailua HI (4.3 miles Anahola, HI (6.4 miles Hanamaulu, HI Lihue, (8.1 miles HI (9.3 miles Puhi, HI Kilauea, (9.8 miles HI (10.5 miles Kalihiwai,
Latitude: 22.09 N, Longitude: 159.34 W
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (18.6%), Retail trade (16.9%), Educational,health and social services (16.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,216 (-12.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,274 (31.0%)
Average climate in Kapaa, Hawaii
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospital/medical center in Kapaa:
- SAMUEL MAHELONA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (4800 KAWAIHAU RD)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Kapaa:
- WILCOX MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; LIHUE, HI)
- KAUAI VETERANS MEMEORIAL HOSPITAL (about 28 miles; WAIMEA, HI)
- WAHIAWA GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 99 miles; WAHIAWA, HI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Kapaa:
- LIHUE (about 9 miles; LIHUE, HI; ID: LIH)
- HONOLULU INTL (about 112 miles; HONOLULU, HI; ID: HNL)
- MOLOKAI (about 169 miles; KAUNAKAKAI, HI; ID: MKK)
Other public-use airports nearest to Kapaa:
- PORT ALLEN (about 23 miles; HANAPEPE, HI; ID: PAK)
- DILLINGHAM AIRFIELD (about 88 miles; MOKULEIA, HI; ID: HDH)
- KALAELOA (JOHN RODGERS FIELD) (about 104 miles; KAPOLEI, HI; ID: JRF)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Kapaa:
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY-HAWAII CAMPUS (about 103 miles; LAIE, HI; Full-time enrollment: 2,273)
- LEEWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 106 miles; PEARL CITY, HI; FT enrollment: 3,511)
- HONOLULU COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 115 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 2,787)
- HAWAII PACIFIC UNIVERSITY (about 116 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 6,186)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT MANOA (about 118 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 14,113)
- KAPIOLANI COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 120 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 4,131)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT HILO (about 336 miles; HILO, HI; FT enrollment: 2,434)
Public high school in Kapaa:
- KAPAA HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,137; Location: 4695 MAILIHUNA ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Kapaa:
- KAPAA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 944; Location: 4886 KAWAIHAU ROAD; Grades: PK - 05)
- KAPAA MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 736; Location: 4867 OLOHENA ROAD; Grades: 06 - 08)
Private primary/middle school in Kapaa:
- ST CATHERINE SCHOOL (Students: 135; Location: 5021 KAWAIHAU ROAD; Grades: PK - 8)
Notable location: Kapaa Public Library (A).
Shopping Center: Kapaa Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Kapaa include: Jesus Saves Mission (A), First Hawaiian Church of Kapaa (B), All Saints Episcopal Church (C), Kapaa Assembly of God Church (D), Kapaa Hongwanji Mission (E), Kapaa Jodo Mission (F), Kapaa Seventh Day Adventist Church (G), Kapaa United Church of Christ (H).
Reservoir: Twin Reservoirs (A).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Kapaa Stream (A), Kapahi Stream (B), Moalepe Stream (C), Konohiki Stream (D), Makaleha Stream (E).
Parks in Kapaa include: Town Park (1), Kapa‘a Beach Park (2), Kapaa New Park (3), Gore Park (4), Kapahi Park (5), Waipoli Park (6).
Kapaa compared to Hawaii state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Kapaa:
- KQNG (570 AM; 1 kW; LIHUE, HI; Owner: VISONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC.)
- KUAI (720 AM; 5 kW; ELEELE, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC.)
- KAIM (870 AM; 50 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KHNR (650 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KHCM (940 AM; 10 kW; WAIPAHU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KORL (690 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: NEW WAVE BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- KGU (760 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KSSK (590 AM; 8 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHVH (830 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KLHT (1040 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF HONOLULU, INC.)
- KUAU (1570 AM; 50 kW; HAIKU, HI; Owner: FIRST ASSEMBLY OF GOD-KAHULUI, MAUI)
- KUMU (1500 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF OAHU LICENSE LLC)
- KJPN (1370 AM; 6 kW; PEARL CITY, HI; Owner: DIAMOND BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Kapaa:
- KAWV (98.1 FM; LIHUE, HI; Owner: O'HANA RADIO PARTNERS)
- KAQA (91.9 FM; KILAUEA, HI; Owner: KEKAHU FOUNDATION, INC.)
- K211DQ (90.1 FM; KAUAI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KITH (98.9 FM; KAPAA, HI; Owner: HOCHMAN HAWAII-TWO, INC.)
- KHJC (88.9 FM; LIHUE, HI; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- KTOH (99.9 FM; KALAHEO, HI; Owner: HOCHMAN HAWAII-ONE, INC.)
- KSRF (95.9 FM; POIPU, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KFMN (96.9 FM; LIHUE, HI; Owner: FM 97 ASSOCIATES)
- KQNG-FM (93.5 FM; LIHUE, HI; Owner: VISONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC.)
- KSHK (103.3 FM; KEKAHA, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KAQA-FM1 (91.9 FM; KILAUEA, HI; Owner: KEKAHU FOUNDATION, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Kapaa:
- K63AZ (Channel 63; ANAHOLA, ETC., HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC TELEVISION FOUNDATION)
- K66AY (Channel 66; WAIPAKE, HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC TELEVISION FOUNDATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.