Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,118
Males: 4,738 (52.0%), Females: 4,380 (48.0%)
Median resident age: 36.0 years
Median household income: $52,984 (year 2000)
Median house value: $259,400 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Lahaina:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Filipino (30.7%)
- White Non-Hispanic (24.7%)
- Two or more races (17.5%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (9.8%)
- Japanese (8.7%)
- Hispanic (7.1%)
- Other race (2.2%)
- American Indian (1.9%)
- Other Asian (1.7%)
- Chinese (1.0%)
- Vietnamese (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (4.3%), English (4.2%), Irish (3.0%), United States (2.2%), French (2.0%), Portuguese (1.8%).Hawaii
Elevation: 20 feet
Land area: 5.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Lahaina
- High school or higher: 78.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.9%
- Unemployed: 4.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 13.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lahaina CDP
- Never married: 36.5%
- Now married: 49.0%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 5.3%
- Divorced: 8.2%
27.8% Foreign born (23.4% Asia, 2.9% Latin America).
Not Rent A House? - Maui Vacation Rental Homes Beach Front Luxury Villas and More />
Vacation Rentals - Vacation Rentals, Villas Homes and Cottages in Lahaina, Maui />
Homes - A Complete List of Homes. Free Search for Homes in Hawaii. />
Maui - Everything Local and More Jobs, Business, local events />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: HI Honolulu, (84.4 miles pop. 371,657).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (2785.3 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: HI Kaanapali, (3.4 miles HI (5.6 miles Napili-Honokowai, HI (7.8 miles Kapalua, HI (11.5 miles Waikapu, HI (11.9 miles Wailuku, HI (11.9 miles Waihee-Waiehu, HI (13.7 miles Maalaea, HI (14.2 miles Kahului,
Latitude: 20.89 N, Longitude: 156.67 W
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (46.5%), Retail trade (13.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,006 (+22.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,256 (49.5%)
Average climate in Lahaina, Hawaii
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Lahaina:
- MAUI MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 12 miles; WAILUKU, HI)
- LANAI COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; LANAI CITY, HI)
- KULA HOSPITAL (about 26 miles; KULA, HI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Lahaina:
- KAPALUA (about 5 miles; LAHAINA, HI; ID: JHM)
- KAHULUI (about 18 miles; KAHULUI, HI; ID: OGG)
- LANAI (about 21 miles; LANAI CITY, HI; ID: LNY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Lahaina:
- KALAUPAPA (about 30 miles; KALAUPAPA, HI; ID: LUP)
- MOLOKAI (about 34 miles; KAUNAKAKAI, HI; ID: MKK)
- HANA (about 48 miles; HANA, HI; ID: HNM)
College/University in Lahaina:
- INSTITUTE OF BODY THERAPEUTICS (Location: BOX 11634; Private, for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lahaina:
- KAPIOLANI COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 83 miles; HONOLULU, HI; Full-time enrollment: 4,131)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT MANOA (about 85 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 14,113)
- HAWAII PACIFIC UNIVERSITY (about 87 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 6,186)
- HONOLULU COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 88 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 2,787)
- LEEWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 97 miles; PEARL CITY, HI; FT enrollment: 3,511)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY-HAWAII CAMPUS (about 102 miles; LAIE, HI; FT enrollment: 2,273)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT HILO (about 136 miles; HILO, HI; FT enrollment: 2,434)
Public high school in Lahaina:
- LAHAINALUNA HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,000; Location: 980 LAHAINALUNA ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Lahaina:
- KAMEHAMEHA III ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 684; Location: 611 FRONT STREET; Grades: PK - 05)
- NAHIENAENA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 662; Location: 816 NIHEU STREET; Grades: PK - 05)
- LAHAINA INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL (Students: 625; Location: 871 LAHAINALUNA ROAD; Grades: 06 - 08)
Private primary/middle school in Lahaina:
- SACRED HEARTS ELEM SCHOOL (Students: 228; Location: 239 DICKENSON STREET; Grades: KG - 8)
Notable locations in Lahaina: Makila (A), Kahoma Shaft Pump (B), Baldwin Home Museum (C), Lahaina Civic and Recreation Center (D), Lahaina Public Library (E), Lahaina Whaling Museum (F), Hale Aloha (G), Hale Pa‘ahao (H), Mala Mill Stack (I), Malulu o Lele Cultural Center (J), Pioneer Mill (K), Masters Reading Room (L).
Shopping Centers: Dickenson Square Shopping Center (1), Old Lahaina Shopping Center (2), Lahaina Cannery Shopping Center (3), Lahaina Market Place Shopping Center (4), Lahaina Square Shopping Center (5), West Maui Shopping Center (6).
Churches in Lahaina include: Community Seventh Day Adventist Church (A), Waine‘e Church (B), Wo Hing Temple (C), Maria Lanakila Roman Catholic Church (D), Lahaina Baptist Church (E), Shingon Buddhist Temple (F), Holy Innocents Episcopal Church (G), Church of God (H).
Cemeteries: Waiola Cemetery (1), Hanakaoo Cemetery (2), Episcopal Cemetery (3), Seamens Cemetery (4).
Reservoirs: Crater Reservoir (A), Wahikuli Reservoir (B).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Kanaha Stream (A).
Parks in Lahaina include: Malu ‘Ulu o Lele Park (1), Kelawea Mauka III Park (2), Wahiku Park (3), Wahikuli State Wayside Park (4), Paunau Terrace Park (5), Lahaina Armory Park (6), Lahaina Banyon Court (7), Lahaina Historic District (8), Waikuli Terrace Park (9).
Lahaina compared to Hawaii state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Lahaina:
- KUAU (1570 AM; 50 kW; HAIKU, HI; Owner: FIRST ASSEMBLY OF GOD-KAHULUI, MAUI)
- KMVI (550 AM; 5 kW; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- KAIM (870 AM; 50 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KNUI (900 AM; 5 kW; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KAOI (1110 AM; 5 kW; KIHEI, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KORL (690 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: NEW WAVE BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- KGU (760 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KSSK (590 AM; 8 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHVH (830 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHNR (650 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KLHT (1040 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF HONOLULU, INC.)
- KHCM (940 AM; 10 kW; WAIPAHU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KIPA (620 AM; 10 kW; NAALEHU, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lahaina:
- KPOA (93.5 FM; LAHAINA, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KKUA (90.7 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- K220HA (91.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K210CM (89.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KONI (104.7 FM; LANAI CITY, HI; Owner: HOCHMAN HAWAII PUBLISHING, INC.)
- KLHI-FM (101.1 FM; LAHAINA, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KNUI-FM (99.9 FM; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KJMD (98.3 FM; PUKALANI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- KAOI-FM (95.1 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT INC)
- KPMW (105.5 FM; HALIIMAILE, HI; Owner: REY-CEL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KLHI-FM1 (101.1 FM; LAHAINA, HI; Owner: LAHAINA BROADCASTING CO., LTD)
- K244AG (96.7 FM; MAUI, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
TV broadcast stations around Lahaina:
- K27DW (Channel 27; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- KWHM (Channel 21; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: LESEA BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.