Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,327
Males: 3,156 (49.9%), Females: 3,171 (50.1%)
Median resident age: 34.6 years
Median household income: $46,681 (year 2000)
Median house value: $230,400 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Makawao:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (38.0%)
- Two or more races (31.2%)
- Hispanic (11.9%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (8.7%)
- Filipino (6.9%)
- Japanese (6.9%)
- American Indian (3.6%)
- Other Asian (2.2%)
- Other race (1.6%)
- Chinese (0.6%)
Ancestries: Portuguese (15.8%), German (9.5%), Irish (5.2%), English (4.6%), French (3.5%), Italian (2.7%).Hawaii
Elevation: 1639 feet
Land area: 4.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Makawao
- High school or higher: 89.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.0%
- Unemployed: 4.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 28.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Makawao CDP
- Never married: 30.8%
- Now married: 51.2%
- Separated: 1.5%
- Widowed: 3.2%
- Divorced: 13.3%
4.7% Foreign born (3.1% Asia, 0.9% Europe).
Real Estate - A Complete List of Homes. Free Search for Homes in Hawaii. />
Real Estate - link to active listings Maui MLS for Makawao />
in Hawaii - Hawaii real estate information at Pacific Homes Hawaii />
to Wailuku? - the Scoop from Travelers Who Know Wailuku! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: HI Honolulu, (108.4 miles pop. 371,657).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (2762.8 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: HI (2.1 miles Pukalani, HI (2.3 miles Haliimaile, HI (4.6 miles Haiku-Pauwela, HI (5.7 miles Paia, HI (10.5 miles Kahului, HI Kihei, (11.6 miles HI (12.3 miles Maalaea, HI (13.0 miles Wailuku,
Latitude: 20.85 N, Longitude: 156.32 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (19.4%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (16.5%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,896 (-30.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 492 (15.1%)
Average climate in Makawao, Hawaii
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Makawao:
- KULA HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; KULA, HI)
- MAUI MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 14 miles; WAILUKU, HI)
- LANAI COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 43 miles; LANAI CITY, HI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Makawao:
- KAHULUI (about 8 miles; KAHULUI, HI; ID: OGG)
- KAPALUA (about 26 miles; LAHAINA, HI; ID: JHM)
- LANAI (about 45 miles; LANAI CITY, HI; ID: LNY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Makawao:
- HANA (about 23 miles; HANA, HI; ID: HNM)
- KALAUPAPA (about 51 miles; KALAUPAPA, HI; ID: LUP)
- UPOLU (about 53 miles; HAWI, HI; ID: UPP)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Makawao:
- KAPIOLANI COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 107 miles; HONOLULU, HI; Full-time enrollment: 4,131)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT MANOA (about 109 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 14,113)
- HAWAII PACIFIC UNIVERSITY (about 112 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 6,186)
- HONOLULU COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 112 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 2,787)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT HILO (about 116 miles; HILO, HI; FT enrollment: 2,434)
- LEEWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 121 miles; PEARL CITY, HI; FT enrollment: 3,511)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY-HAWAII CAMPUS (about 124 miles; LAIE, HI; FT enrollment: 2,273)
Public high school in Makawao:
- KEKAULIKE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,379; Location: 121 KULA HIGHWAY; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Makawao:
- SEABURY HALL SCHOOL (Students: 400; Location: 480 OLINDA ROAD; Grades: 6 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Makawao:
- KALAMA INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL (Students: 1,066; Location: 120 MAKANI ROAD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- PUKALANI ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 504; Location: 2945 IOLANI STREET; Grades: PK - 05)
- MAKAWAO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 496; Location: 3542 BALDWIN AVENUE; Grades: PK - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Makawao:
- MONTESSORI OF MAUI (Students: 173; Location: 2933 BALDWIN AVE; Grades: PK - 6)
- ST JOSEPH SCHOOL (Students: 107; Location: 1294 MAKAWRO AVE; Grades: PK - 6)
Notable locations in Makawao: Eddie Tam Memorial Center (A), Makawao Public Library (B).
Churches in Makawao include: Po‘okela Church (A), Makawao Union Church (B), Makawao Hongwanji Mission (C), Saint Josephs Church (D).
Cemeteries: Maui Veterans Cemetery (1), Makawao Cemetery (2).
Park in Makawao: Makawao Park (1).
Post office: (A).
Makawao compared to Hawaii state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Makawao:
- KUAU (1570 AM; 50 kW; HAIKU, HI; Owner: FIRST ASSEMBLY OF GOD-KAHULUI, MAUI)
- KMVI (550 AM; 5 kW; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- KAOI (1110 AM; 5 kW; KIHEI, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KNUI (900 AM; 5 kW; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KAIM (870 AM; 50 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KIPA (620 AM; 10 kW; NAALEHU, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KPUA (670 AM; 10 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: NEW WEST BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KORL (690 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: NEW WAVE BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- KGU (760 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KSSK (590 AM; 8 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHVH (830 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHNR (650 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KLHT (1040 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF HONOLULU, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Makawao:
- KKUA (90.7 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- KONI (104.7 FM; LANAI CITY, HI; Owner: HOCHMAN HAWAII PUBLISHING, INC.)
- KJMD (98.3 FM; PUKALANI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- K220HA (91.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K210CM (89.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KLHI-FM (101.1 FM; LAHAINA, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KNUI-FM (99.9 FM; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KDLX (94.3 FM; MAKAWAO, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT)
- KAOI-FM (95.1 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT INC)
- KPMW (105.5 FM; HALIIMAILE, HI; Owner: REY-CEL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KPOA (93.5 FM; LAHAINA, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- K257CQ (99.3 FM; KAHULUI, ETC., HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KLUI-LP (97.3 FM; KULA, HI; Owner: KING'S VOICE ON THE MOUNTAIN RADIO ASSOCIATION)
TV broadcast stations around Makawao:
- K27DW (Channel 27; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- KAMN-LP (Channel 61; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: JULIET R. YANKLOWITZ)
- KWHM (Channel 21; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: LESEA BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KMAU (Channel 12; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: KITV HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- KAUI-LP (Channel 51; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- KOGG (Channel 15; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.