Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 12,296
Males: 6,131 (49.9%), Females: 6,165 (50.1%)
Median resident age: 38.5 years
Median household income: $45,587 (year 2000)
Median house value: $247,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Wailuku:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Two or more races (26.3%)
- Japanese (22.8%)
- White Non-Hispanic (16.7%)
- Filipino (12.9%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (11.7%)
- Hispanic (7.8%)
- Other Asian (2.7%)
- Korean (1.8%)
- American Indian (1.8%)
- Chinese (1.3%)
- Other race (1.2%)
Ancestries: Portuguese (6.3%), German (2.9%), English (2.3%), Irish (2.3%), Polish (1.0%).Hawaii
Elevation: 331 feet
Land area: 5.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Wailuku
- High school or higher: 82.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 21.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.0%
- Unemployed: 4.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 20.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Wailuku CDP
- Never married: 30.6%
- Now married: 50.3%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 7.1%
- Divorced: 10.7%
12.1% Foreign born (10.1% Asia).
in Hawaii - Hawaii real estate information at Pacific Homes Hawaii />
Real Estate - straight to Maui's MLS for homes, condos, land islandwide />
Real Estate - link to active listings Maui MLS for Wailuku />
now at 1-888-AlohaRN - in Hawaii & give Travel RN's great local support & aloha! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: HI Honolulu, (95.4 miles pop. 371,657).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (2774.0 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: HI (1.9 miles Waihee-Waiehu, HI (2.5 miles Kahului, HI (2.8 miles Waikapu, HI (5.8 miles Maalaea, HI (8.7 miles Paia, HI Kihei, (9.7 miles HI (11.0 miles Haliimaile, HI (11.5 miles Pukalani,
Latitude: 20.89 N, Longitude: 156.50 W
Area code: 808
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (18.1%), Educational,health and social services (16.1%), Retail trade (16.0%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,669 (+21.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,901 (33.9%)
Average climate in Wailuku, Hawaii
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: Shane Victorino - 2005 Major League Baseball player (Philadelphia Phillies, born: Nov 30, 1980).
Hospital/medical center in Wailuku:
- MAUI MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER (221 MAHALANI STREET)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Wailuku:
- KULA HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; KULA, HI)
- LANAI COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 30 miles; LANAI CITY, HI)
- MOLOKAI GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 36 miles; KAUNAKAKAI, HI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Wailuku:
- KAHULUI (about 6 miles; KAHULUI, HI; ID: OGG)
- KAPALUA (about 13 miles; LAHAINA, HI; ID: JHM)
- LANAI (about 32 miles; LANAI CITY, HI; ID: LNY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Wailuku:
- HANA (about 36 miles; HANA, HI; ID: HNM)
- KALAUPAPA (about 39 miles; KALAUPAPA, HI; ID: LUP)
- MOLOKAI (about 44 miles; KAUNAKAKAI, HI; ID: MKK)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Wailuku:
- KAPIOLANI COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 94 miles; HONOLULU, HI; Full-time enrollment: 4,131)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT MANOA (about 96 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 14,113)
- HAWAII PACIFIC UNIVERSITY (about 99 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 6,186)
- HONOLULU COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 99 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 2,787)
- LEEWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 108 miles; PEARL CITY, HI; FT enrollment: 3,511)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY-HAWAII CAMPUS (about 112 miles; LAIE, HI; FT enrollment: 2,273)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT HILO (about 127 miles; HILO, HI; FT enrollment: 2,434)
Public high school in Wailuku:
- BALDWIN HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,651; Location: 1650 KAAHUMANU AVENUE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Wailuku:
- ST ANTHONY JR-SR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 383; Location: 1618 LOWER MAIN STREET; Grades: 7 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Wailuku:
- WAILUKU ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 953; Location: 355 SOUTH HIGH STREET; Grades: PK - 05)
- WAIHEE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 840; Location: 2125 KAHEKILI HIGHWAY; Grades: PK - 05)
- IAO INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL (Students: 830; Location: 1910 KAOHU STREET; Grades: 06 - 08)
Private primary/middle school in Wailuku:
- ST ANTHONY GRADE SCHOOL (Students: 197; Location: 1627 A MILL STREET; Grades: KG - 6)
Notable locations in Wailuku: Chandelier Office Center (A), Hawai‘i Nature Center (B), Wells Street Professional Center (C), War Memorial Gymnasium (D), Maui County Office Building (E), Maui Professional Building (F), Bailey House Museum (G), Wailuku Public Library (H), Alexander Mission Home (I), Hale Makua Rest Home (J), Maui Community Theater (K), Maui County Courthouse (L).
Churches in Wailuku include: Wailuku Church of God (A), Wailuku Hongwanji Mission (B), Wailuku Shingon Mission (C), Wailuku Town Hall (D), Wailuku Union Church (E), Iao Congregational Church (F), Iglesia Ni Cristo (G), Kaahumanu Church (H).
Reservoirs and swamps: Mill Reservoir (A), Hopoi Reservoir (B), Paukukalo (C).
Parks in Wailuku include: Kepaniwai Park (1), Papohaku Park (2), Wailuku Civic Center Historic District (3), Mokuhau Park (4), Wells Park (5).
Beach: Ka‘ehu Beach (A).
Post office: (A).
Wailuku compared to Hawaii state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Wailuku:
- KMVI (550 AM; 5 kW; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- KUAU (1570 AM; 50 kW; HAIKU, HI; Owner: FIRST ASSEMBLY OF GOD-KAHULUI, MAUI)
- KAOI (1110 AM; 5 kW; KIHEI, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KNUI (900 AM; 5 kW; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KAIM (870 AM; 50 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KORL (690 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: NEW WAVE BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- KGU (760 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KSSK (590 AM; 8 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHVH (830 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHNR (650 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KIPA (620 AM; 10 kW; NAALEHU, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KLHT (1040 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF HONOLULU, INC.)
- KPUA (670 AM; 10 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: NEW WEST BROADCASTING CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Wailuku:
- K297AC (107.3 FM; WAILUKU, ETC., HI; Owner: LAHAINA BROADCASTING COMPANY, LTD.)
- KEAO-LP (91.5 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: MANA'O RADIO)
- KKUA (90.7 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- K244AG (96.7 FM; MAUI, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KONI (104.7 FM; LANAI CITY, HI; Owner: HOCHMAN HAWAII PUBLISHING, INC.)
- K220HA (91.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K210CM (89.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KLHI-FM (101.1 FM; LAHAINA, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KNUI-FM (99.9 FM; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KNUQ-FM1 (103.7 FM; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT II,)
- KJMD (98.3 FM; PUKALANI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- KPOA (93.5 FM; LAHAINA, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KAOI-FM (95.1 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT INC)
- KPMW (105.5 FM; HALIIMAILE, HI; Owner: REY-CEL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K224CG (92.7 FM; MAALAEA, ETC., HI; Owner: LAHAINA BROADCASTING COMPANY, LTD.)
TV broadcast stations around Wailuku:
- KWHM (Channel 21; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: LESEA BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- K27DW (Channel 27; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- K21AG (Channel 21; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: LESEA BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.