Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,028
Males: 3,467 (49.3%), Females: 3,561 (50.7%)
Median resident age: 36.5 years
Median household income: $51,150 (year 2000)
Median house value: $196,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Waimea:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Two or more races (32.2%)
- White Non-Hispanic (28.8%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (15.6%)
- Filipino (9.0%)
- Japanese (8.7%)
- Hispanic (7.8%)
- American Indian (2.8%)
- Other Asian (1.3%)
- Chinese (0.9%)
- Other race (0.7%)
Ancestries: English (7.6%), German (7.1%), Portuguese (6.7%), Irish (6.2%), Norwegian (2.7%), Swedish (2.1%).Hawaii forum
Land area: 38.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Waimea
- High school or higher: 88.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 27.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.1%
- Unemployed: 2.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Waimea CDP
- Never married: 28.6%
- Now married: 55.2%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 4.9%
- Divorced: 10.1%
10.2% Foreign born (6.5% Asia, 1.5% Europe).
Island Real Estate - Property, Homes and Land on the Big Island of Hawaii. />
HI MLS - Waikoloa, HI Homes for Sale. See Updated Lists of Home & Condos. />
Real Estate - complete Kona property listings and local information. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: HI Honolulu, (174.1 miles pop. 371,657).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (2739.3 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: HI (8.4 miles Kukuihaele, Village, HI Waikoloa (11.5 miles HI (13.1 miles Honokaa, HI Puako, (16.2 miles HI (17.2 miles Halaula, HI (18.2 miles Kapaau, HI (19.1 miles Paauilo, HI (19.8 miles Hawi,
Latitude: 20.02 N, Longitude: 155.65 W
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (29.9%), Educational,health and social services (23.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,562 (-22.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 902 (27.0%)
Average climate in Waimea, Hawaii
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospital/medical center in Waimea:
- KAUAI VETERANS MEMEORIAL HOSPITAL (4643 WAIMEA CANYON DRIVE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Waimea:
- NORTH HAWAII COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; KAMUELA, HI)
- HALE HO'OLA HAMAKUA (about 11 miles; HONOKAA, HI)
- KOHALA HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; KAPAAU, HI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Waimea:
- KONA INTL AT KEAHOLE (about 34 miles; KAILUA/KONA, HI; ID: KOA)
- HILO INTERNATIONAL (about 48 miles; HILO, HI; ID: ITO)
- KAHULUI (about 80 miles; KAHULUI, HI; ID: OGG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Waimea:
- WAIMEA-KOHALA (about 3 miles; KAMUELA, HI; ID: MUE)
- UPOLU (about 21 miles; HAWI, HI; ID: UPP)
- HANA (about 58 miles; HANA, HI; ID: HNM)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Waimea:
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT HILO (about 44 miles; HILO, HI; Full-time enrollment: 2,434)
- KAPIOLANI COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 173 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 4,131)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT MANOA (about 175 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 14,113)
- HAWAII PACIFIC UNIVERSITY (about 177 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 6,186)
- HONOLULU COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 178 miles; HONOLULU, HI; FT enrollment: 2,787)
- LEEWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 187 miles; PEARL CITY, HI; FT enrollment: 3,511)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY-HAWAII CAMPUS (about 194 miles; LAIE, HI; FT enrollment: 2,273)
Public high school in Waimea:
- WAIMEA HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 863; Location: 9707 TSUCHIYA ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Waimea:
- WAIMEA CANYON ELEMENTARY & INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL (Students: 562; Location: 9555 HUAKAI ROAD; Grades: KG - 08)
- NIIHAU HIGH & ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 24; Location: NIIHAU; Grades: KG - 12)
Notable location: Waimea Public Library (A).
Churches in Waimea include: Waimea Honpa Hongwanji Church (A), Waimea United Church of Christ (B), Hawaiian Protestant Church (C).
Parks in Waimea include: Lucy Wright Beach County Park (1), Captain Cooks Memorial Park (2), Hapokele Park (3), Waimea Athletic Field (4), Waimea Recreational Pier State Park (5), Waimea River Park (6).
Waimea compared to Hawaii state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Waimea:
- KIPA (620 AM; 10 kW; NAALEHU, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KPUA (670 AM; 10 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: NEW WEST BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KUAU (1570 AM; 50 kW; HAIKU, HI; Owner: FIRST ASSEMBLY OF GOD-KAHULUI, MAUI)
- KKON (790 AM; 5 kW; KEALAKEKUA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO ( HAWAII LIMITED PA)
- KAIM (870 AM; 50 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KHLO (850 AM; 5 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF HAWAII LICENSE, LLC)
- KHBC (1060 AM; 5 kW; HILO, HI; Owner: HILO BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- KMVI (550 AM; 5 kW; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- KNUI (900 AM; 5 kW; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KAOI (1110 AM; 5 kW; KIHEI, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT, INC)
- KORL (690 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: NEW WAVE BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- KGU (760 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
- KHNR (650 AM; 10 kW; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF HAWAII, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Waimea:
- KWYI (106.9 FM; KAWAIHAE, HI; Owner: COLIN H. NAITO)
- KNUQ (103.7 FM; PAAUILO, HI; Owner: VISIONARY RELATED ENTERTAINMENT II,)
- KAGB (99.1 FM; WAIMEA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KLUA (93.9 FM; KAILUA KONA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO)
- KAOY (101.5 FM; KEALAKEKUA, HI; Owner: BIG ISLAND RADIO ( HAWAII LIMITED PA)
- KLEO (106.1 FM; KAHALUU, HI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF HAWAII LICENSE, LLC)
- KKUA (90.7 FM; WAILUKU, HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- K220HA (91.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K210CM (89.9 FM; KIHEI, HI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KJMD (98.3 FM; PUKALANI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP,INC.)
- KONI (104.7 FM; LANAI CITY, HI; Owner: HOCHMAN HAWAII PUBLISHING, INC.)
- KLHI-FM (101.1 FM; LAHAINA, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KNUI-FM (99.9 FM; KAHULUI, HI; Owner: PACIFIC RADIO GROUP, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.