Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,448. Estimated population in July 2005: 6,412 (-0.6% change)
Males: 3,043 (47.2%), Females: 3,405 (52.8%)
Median resident age: 38.7 years
Median household income: $29,124 (year 2000)
Median house value: $48,600 (year 2000)
Du Quoin, IL residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Du Quoin:
- White Non-Hispanic (89.5%)
- Black (7.2%)
- Two or more races (1.4%)
- Hispanic (1.3%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (20.9%), Irish (10.1%), English (10.1%), United States (9.0%), Italian (4.3%), French (3.4%).Quoin, Illinois
Elevation: 446 feet
Land area: 6.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Du Quoin
- High school or higher: 74.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.9%
- Unemployed: 9.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Du Quoin city
- Never married: 18.0%
- Now married: 54.6%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 12.7%
- Divorced: 13.1%
0.6% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -525 (-7.5%).
Estate For Sale - Property Listings for Free. St Clair, Monroe, Randolph County. />
Prep School in IL - Active, Inquiry-Based Learning. Top Student-Teacher Ratio /> Illinois. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Louis, MO St. (81.5 miles pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (285.9 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Johns, IL (1.7 miles St. IL Dowell, (4.7 miles IL Elkville, (6.6 miles IL (9.0 miles Tamaroa, IL Vergennes, (10.2 miles IL Pinckneyville, (11.2 miles City, IL (11.7 miles North IL (12.1 miles Royalton,
Latitude: 38.01 N, Longitude: 89.23 W
Area code: 618
Du Quoin, Illinois business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (21.4%), Educational,health and social services (21.2%), Retail trade (12.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +817 (+12.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,314 (51.5%)
Average climate in Du Quoin, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Du Quoin-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Illinois state average. It is 108% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/18/1957, a category 5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 5.2 miles away from the Du Quoin city center killed one person and injured 6 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/29/1982, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 16.0 miles away from the city center killed 10 people and injured 181 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
Hospital/medical center in Du Quoin:
- MARSHALL BROWNING HOSPITAL (900 N WASHINGTON)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Du Quoin:
- PINCKNEYVILLE COMMUNITY DIST HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; PINCKNEYVILLE, IL)
- ST JOSEPH MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 18 miles; MURPHYSBORO, IL)
- HERRIN HOSPITAL (about 21 miles; HERRIN, IL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Du Quoin:
- SOUTHERN ILLINOIS (about 17 miles; CARBONDALE/MURPHYSBORO, IL; ID: MDH)
- WILLIAMSON COUNTY REGIONAL (about 24 miles; MARION, IL; ID: MWA)
- MOUNT VERNON (about 35 miles; MOUNT VERNON, IL; ID: MVN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Du Quoin:
- PINCKNEYVILLE-DU QUOIN (about 9 miles; PINCKNEYVILLE, IL; ID: PJY)
- BENTON MUNI (about 21 miles; BENTON, IL; ID: H96)
- SPARTA COMMUNITY-HUNTER FIELD (about 33 miles; SPARTA, IL; ID: SAR)
DU QUOIN (20 N. CHESTNUT ST.). Services: enclosed waiting area, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Local Libraries ||1 ||$2,343 ||$28,116 ||1 ||$611 |College/University in Du Quoin:
- DU QUOIN BEAUTY COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 19; Location: 202 S WASHINGTON ST; Private, for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Du Quoin:
- JOHN A LOGAN COLLEGE (about 20 miles; CARTERVILLE, IL; Full-time enrollment: 4,255)
- SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY-CARBONDALE (about 21 miles; CARBONDALE, IL; FT enrollment: 19,742)
- SOUTHEAST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY (about 53 miles; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; FT enrollment: 7,227)
- SOUTHWESTERN ILLINOIS COLLEGE (about 61 miles; BELLEVILLE, IL; FT enrollment: 7,333)
- SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY-EDWARDSVILLE (about 70 miles; EDWARDSVILLE, IL; FT enrollment: 10,038)
- SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 81 miles; ST LOUIS, MO; FT enrollment: 10,286)
- SAINT LOUIS COMMUNITY COLLEGE-FOREST PARK (about 83 miles; ST LOUIS, MO; FT enrollment: 3,441)
Public high school in Du Quoin:
- DUQUOIN HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 447; Location: 500 E SOUTH ST; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Du Quoin:
- CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP SCHOOL (Students: 119; Location: PO BOX 227; Grades: PK - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Du Quoin:
- DUQUOIN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 571; Location: 845 E JACKSON ST; Grades: PK - 04)
- DUQUOIN MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 480; Location: 845 E JACKSON ST; Grades: 05 - 08)
Private primary/middle school in Du Quoin:
- SACRED HEART ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 64; Location: 110 WEST MAIN STREET; Grades: 1 - 8)
Notable locations in Du Quoin: Goddard Siding (A), Du Quoin State Fairground (B).
Churches in Du Quoin include: Smith Memorial African Methodist Episcopal Church (A), Bethel Lutheran Church (B), Saint Johns United Church of Christ (C), First Presbyterian Church (D), First United Methodist Church (E), Du Quoin Second Baptist Church (F), Sacred Heart Catholic Church (G), Gospel Assembly Church (H).
Cemetery: Independent Order of Oddfellows Cemetery (1).
Park in Du Quoin: Keys Park (1).
Post office: (A).
Du Quoin compared to Illinois state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Du Quoin:
- WDQN (1580 AM; 0 kW; DUQUOIN, IL; Owner: DUQUOIN BROADCASTING COMPANY, A GENERAL PARTNERSHIP)
- WDDD (810 AM; 10 kW; JOHNSTON CITY, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WILY (1210 AM; daytime; 10 kW; CENTRALIA, IL; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- WMIX (940 AM; 5 kW; MOUNT VERNON, IL; Owner: WITHERS BROADCASTING CO OF ILLINOIS)
- WGGH (1150 AM; 5 kW; MARION, IL)
- WSDZ (1260 AM; 20 kW; BELLEVILLE, IL)
- WCIL (1020 AM; daytime; 1 kW; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: LYLE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KZIM (960 AM; 5 kW; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: ZIMMER RADIO OF MID-MISSOURI, INC)
- WJPF (1340 AM; 1 kW; HERRIN, IL; Owner: ZRG OF ILLINOIS, INC.)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- KRFT (1190 AM; 10 kW; DE SOTO, MO; Owner: ALL SPORTS RADIO, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Du Quoin:
- WDQN-FM (95.9 FM; DUQUOIN, IL; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WCIL-FM (101.5 FM; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: LYLE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAWJ (90.1 FM; MARION, IL; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WXAN (103.9 FM; AVA, IL; Owner: HAROLD L. LAWDER)
- WUEZ (95.1 FM; CARTERVILLE, IL; Owner: ZRG OF ILLINOIS, INC.)
- WTAO-FM (105.1 FM; MURPHYSBORO, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WNSV (104.7 FM; NASHVILLE, IL; Owner: DANA R. WITHERS)
- WXLT (103.5 FM; CHRISTOPHER, IL; Owner: ZRG OF ILLINOIS, INC.)
- WDDD-FM (107.3 FM; MARION, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WIBV (102.1 FM; MOUNT VERNON, IL; Owner: BENJAMIN STRATEMEYER)
- WVZA (92.7 FM; HERRIN, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQUL (97.7 FM; WEST FRANKFORT, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSIU (91.9 FM; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Du Quoin:
- WSIU-TV (Channel 8; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: BOARD OF TRUSTEES SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- WSIL-TV (Channel 3; HARRISBURG, IL; Owner: WSIL-TV, INC.)
- KFVS-TV (Channel 12; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- KBSI (Channel 23; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: KBSI LICENSEE L.P.)
- WDKA (Channel 49; PADUCAH, KY; Owner: WDKA ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WPXS (Channel 13; MT. VERNON, IL; Owner: EBC ST. LOUIS, INC.)
- W15BU (Channel 17; JOHNSTON CITY, IL; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W10AH (Channel 10; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: WPSD-TV, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.