Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 20,742. Estimated population in July 2005: 21,760 (+4.9% change)
Males: 9,987 (48.1%), Females: 10,755 (51.9%)
Median resident age: 39.2 years
Median household income: $88,828 (year 2000)
Median house value: $263,700 (year 2000)
Libertyville, IL residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Libertyville:
- White Non-Hispanic (90.7%)
- Hispanic (2.7%)
- Chinese (1.7%)
- Asian Indian (1.5%)
- Other race (1.1%)
- Black (1.0%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Korean (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (27.1%), Irish (18.3%), English (12.5%), Italian (9.5%), Polish (9.4%), Swedish (7.3%).
New! Illinois forum
Elevation: 700 feet
Land area: 8.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Libertyville
- High school or higher: 94.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 56.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 23.6%
- Unemployed: 2.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Libertyville village
- Never married: 21.4%
- Now married: 65.0%
- Separated: 0.6%
- Widowed: 5.8%
- Divorced: 7.2%
10.2% Foreign born (3.9% Europe, 3.7% Asia, 2.0% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +656 (+3.3%).
IL Homes - the Libertyville IL mls View Local IL Homes For Sale />
IL MLS - Libertyville Homes for Sale. See Updated Lists of Home & Condos. />
Homes - in Libertyville. Updated MLS. Fast and free. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: IL Waukegan, (9.1 miles lleibovitz.illinoisproperty.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: IL Chicago, (36.3 miles www.ZipRealty.com )
Nearest cities: IL Mundelein, (3.3 miles Oaks, IL (3.4 miles Green Hills, IL Vernon (3.7 miles IL (4.0 miles Mettawa, Indian Creek, IL (4.2 miles) , Lake, IL (5.0 miles Gages IL Gurnee, (6.4 miles Grove, IL (6.5 miles Long
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 44 buildings, average cost: $242,900
- 1997: 51 buildings, average cost: $293,300
- 1998: 59 buildings, average cost: $272,100
- 1999: 65 buildings, average cost: $275,300
- 2000: 25 buildings, average cost: $324,500
- 2001: 19 buildings, average cost: $322,300
- 2002: 29 buildings, average cost: $322,400
- 2003: 37 buildings, average cost: $323,800
- 2004: 55 buildings, average cost: $337,300
- 2005: 86 buildings, average cost: $304,100
Latitude: 42.28 N, Longitude: 87.96 W
Area codes: 847, 224
Libertyville, Illinois business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (22.9%), Manufacturing (19.6%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (11.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +9,020 (+43.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,632 (24.5%)
Crime in Libertyville by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||1 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||4.8 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||3 ||3 ||0 ||2 ||0 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||14.5 ||14.5 ||0.0 ||9.6 ||0.0 ||19.3 |
|Robberies ||2 ||4 ||3 ||2 ||3 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||9.6 ||19.3 ||14.5 ||9.6 ||14.5 ||9.6 |
|Assaults ||5 ||13 ||7 ||3 ||7 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||24.1 ||62.7 ||33.7 ||14.5 ||33.7 ||19.3 |
|Burglaries ||75 ||100 ||48 ||41 ||48 ||45 |
| per 100,000 ||361.6 ||482.1 ||231.4 ||197.7 ||231.4 ||217.0 |
|Thefts ||338 ||362 ||302 ||383 ||302 ||288 |
| per 100,000 ||1629.5 ||1745.3 ||1456.0 ||1846.5 ||1456.0 ||1388.5 |
|Auto thefts ||20 ||31 ||18 ||19 ||18 ||18 |
| per 100,000 ||96.4 ||149.5 ||86.8 ||91.6 ||86.8 ||86.8 |
| ||111.7 ||139.6 ||92.5 ||109.5 ||92.5 ||92.1 |
Average climate in Libertyville, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Libertyville-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Illinois state average. It is 48% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/28/1972, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 6.2 miles away from the Libertyville city center injured 20 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/21/1967, a category 4 tornado 10.6 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 100 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Adam Jones - (born 1965), musician, Ben Engstrom - College basketball player (Florida State Seminoles), Dan Gibbons - College basketball player (Denver Pioneers).
Main business address for: AKSYS LTD (ELECTROMEDICAL & ELECTROTHERAPEUTIC APPARATUS).
Hospital/medical center in Libertyville:
- CONDELL MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (900 GARFIELD)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Libertyville:
- HILL TOP CENTER (about 7 miles; GREEN OAKS, IL)
- LAKE FOREST HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; LAKE FOREST, IL)
- ST THERESE MEDICAL CENTER (about 9 miles; WAUKEGAN, IL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Libertyville:
- KENOSHA REGIONAL (about 21 miles; KENOSHA, WI; ID: ENW)
- CHICAGO O'HARE INTL (about 23 miles; CHICAGO, IL; ID: ORD)
- CHICAGO MIDWAY INTL (about 38 miles; CHICAGO, IL; ID: MDW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Libertyville:
- CAMPBELL (about 8 miles; GRAYSLAKE, IL; ID: C81)
- WAUKEGAN REGIONAL (about 12 miles; CHICAGO/WAUKEGAN, IL; ID: UGN)
- PALWAUKEE MUNI (about 14 miles; CHICAGO/PROSPECT HEIGHTS/W, IL; ID: PWK)
Amtrak station near Libertyville:
- 18 miles: GLENVIEW (1116 DEPOT ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Local government website:
College/University in Libertyville:
- ST SAVA SERBIAN ORTHODOX SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY (Full-time enrollment: 25; Location: 32377 N MILWAUKEE AVE; Private, not-for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Libertyville:
- COLLEGE OF LAKE COUNTY (about 7 miles; GRAYSLAKE, IL; Full-time enrollment: 6,973)
- TRINITY INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY (about 11 miles; DEERFIELD, IL; FT enrollment: 2,121)
- WILLIAM RAINEY HARPER COLLEGE (about 14 miles; PALATINE, IL; FT enrollment: 8,229)
- OAKTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 17 miles; DES PLAINES, IL; FT enrollment: 5,749)
- GATEWAY TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 23 miles; KENOSHA, WI; FT enrollment: 2,575)
- DEVRY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 25 miles; ADDISON, IL; FT enrollment: 3,076)
- NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY (about 25 miles; EVANSTON, IL; FT enrollment: 14,958)
Public high school in Libertyville:
- LIBERTYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,800; Location: 708 W PARK AVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Libertyville:
- HIGHLAND MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 954; Location: 310 W ROCKLAND RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- BUTTERFIELD SCHOOL (Students: 659; Location: 1441 W LAKE ST; Grades: KG - 05)
- COPELAND MANOR ELEM SCHOOL (Students: 381; Location: 801 7TH AVE; Grades: KG - 05)
- ROCKLAND ELEM SCHOOL (Students: 348; Location: 160 W ROCKLAND RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- ADLER PARK SCHOOL (Students: 311; Location: 1740 N MILWAUKEE AVE; Grades: PK - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Libertyville:
- ST JOSEPH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 645; Location: 221 PARK PLACE; Grades: PK - 8)
- ST JOHNS LUTHERAN SCHOOL (Students: 159; Location: 501 W. PARK; Grades: PK - 8)
- CONDELL DAY CARE FOR INTERGENE (Students: 13; Location: 700 GARFIELD AVENUE; Grades: KG - KG)
Library in Libertyville:
- COOK MEM. P.L.D. (Operating income: $4,800,165; Location: 413 N. MILWAUKEE AVE.; 248,336 books; 17,305 audio materials; 15,440 video materials; 739 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Notable locations in Libertyville: Riverside Golf Course (A), Libertyville Village Hall (B).
Shopping Centers: New Towne Square Shopping Center (1), Win-Mil Shopping Center (2), Village Shopping Center (3), Liberty Mill Plaza Shopping Center (4), Red Top Plaza Shopping Center (5).
Churches in Libertyville include: Benedictine Convent (A), Saint Lawrence's Episcopal Church (B), Saint John's Lutheran Church (C), First Presbyterian Church (D), Grace Lutheran Church (E), Evangelical Free Church (F).
Cemeteries: Lakeside Cemetery (1), Lake County Poor Farm Cemetery (2).
Lakes and reservoirs: Liberty Lake (A), Minear Lake (B), Butler Lake (C), Saint Marys Lake (D).
Parks in Libertyville include: Dowden Park (1), Green Tree Park (2), Red Top Park (3), Riverside Park (4), Butler Lake Park (5), Brown Park (6), Adler Memorial Park (7), Minear Park (8).
Libertyville compared to Illinois state average:
- Median household income significantly above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Libertyville:
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKTA (1330 AM; 5 kW; EVANSTON, IL; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WYLL (1160 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WKRS (1220 AM; 1 kW; WAUKEGAN, IL; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WEEF (1430 AM; 1 kW; HIGHLAND PARK, IL; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD)
- WCSN (820 AM; 5 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WYPA, INC.)
- WMBI (1110 AM; daytime; 5 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
Strongest FM radio stations in Libertyville:
- WXLC (102.3 FM; WAUKEGAN, IL; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WVIV-FM (103.1 FM; HIGHLAND PARK, IL; Owner: HBC LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WZFS (106.7 FM; DES PLAINES, IL; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF ILLINOIS, LLC)
- WKIE (92.7 FM; ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL; Owner: SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM OF ILLINOIS, INC.)
- WCKG (105.9 FM; ELMWOOD PARK, IL; Owner: INFINITY HOLDINGS CORPORATION OF ORLANDO)
- WLIT-FM (93.9 FM; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WJMK (104.3 FM; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF ILLINOIS)
- WNUA (95.5 FM; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WGCI-FM (107.5 FM; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WTMX (101.9 FM; SKOKIE, IL; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WBBM-FM (96.3 FM; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WKSC-FM (103.5 FM; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WFMT (98.7 FM; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WINDOW TO THE WORLD COMMUNICATIONS)
- WZZN (94.7 FM; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC CHICAGO FM RADIO,INC.)
- WBEZ (91.5 FM; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: THE WBEZ ALLIANCE, INC.)
- WKQX (101.1 FM; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WLUP-FM (97.9 FM; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WNND (100.3 FM; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WOJO (105.1 FM; EVANSTON, IL; Owner: TICHENOR LICENSE CORPORATION ("TLC"))
- WUSN (99.5 FM; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF CHICAGO)
TV broadcast stations around Libertyville:
- W64CQ (Channel 64; ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W34CK (Channel 34; ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL; Owner: FIRST UNITED, INC.)
- WLS-TV (Channel 7; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS TELEVISION, INC.)
- WMAQ-TV (Channel 5; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: NBC SUBSIDIARY (WMAQ-TV), INC.)
- WTTW (Channel 11; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WINDOW TO THE WORLD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WGBO-TV (Channel 66; JOLIET, IL; Owner: WGBO LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WGN-TV (Channel 9; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBBM-TV (Channel 2; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WPWR-TV (Channel 50; GARY, IN; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WXFT (Channel 60; AURORA, IL; Owner: TELEFUTURA CHICAGO LLC)
- WCIU-TV (Channel 26; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WCIU-TV LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCPX (Channel 38; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: PAXSON CHICAGO LICENSE, INC.)
- WSNS-TV (Channel 44; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: TELEMUNDO OF CHICAGO, INC.)
- WFLD (Channel 32; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- W68DO (Channel 68; PALATINE, IL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WFBT-CA (Channel 23; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: CHANNEL 23 LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WJYS (Channel 62; HAMMOND, IN; Owner: JOVON BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WOCH-LP (Channel 28; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: KM LPTV OF CHICAGO-28, L.L.C.)
- WYCC (Channel 20; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: COLLEGE DIST. #508, COUNTY OF COOK)
- WOCK-CA (Channel 13; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: KM LPTV OF CHICAGO-13, L.L.C.)
- WJJA (Channel 49; RACINE, WI; Owner: TV-49, INC.)
- W57DN (Channel 57; ELGIN, IL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.