Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 15,477. Estimated population in July 2005: 15,409 (-0.4% change)
Males: 7,185 (46.4%), Females: 8,292 (53.6%)
Median resident age: 36.7 years
Median household income: $32,937 (year 2000)
Median house value: $91,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Danville:
- White Non-Hispanic (82.9%)
- Black (13.0%)
- Hispanic (1.5%)
- Two or more races (1.4%)
- Other race (0.8%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: United States (14.5%), English (13.4%), German (11.4%), Irish (10.3%), Scotch-Irish (3.7%), Scottish (2.6%).Kentucky
Elevation: 989 feet
Land area: 15.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Danville
- High school or higher: 78.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 22.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.0%
- Unemployed: 4.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 15.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Danville city
- Never married: 25.5%
- Now married: 51.5%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 9.0%
- Divorced: 12.7%
2.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +985 (+6.8%).
Kentucky - Tours, Reviews, Hotel Maps Compare & Save on Hotels Today! />
Kentucky Hotels - low rates, unbiased reviews, nearby restaurants, maps and more! />
Kentucky - Low Rates For Lexington Kentucky and Save. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: KY Lexington-Fayette, (32.8 miles pop. 260,512).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (352.1 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: City, KY (4.3 miles Junction KY (7.6 miles Burgin, KY Harrodsburg, (9.5 miles KY (11.1 miles Stanford, KY (12.0 miles Perryville, KY (12.3 miles Hustonville, KY (13.6 miles Lancaster, KY (17.1 miles Wilmore,
Latitude: 37.65 N, Longitude: 84.77 W
Area code: 859
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (29.8%), Manufacturing (21.2%), Retail trade (10.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +7,737 (+50.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 4,675 (69.1%)
Crime in Danville (2004):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 3 rapes (19.5 per 100,000)
- 7 robberies (45.5 per 100,000)
- 13 assaults (84.4 per 100,000)
- 138 burglaries (896.2 per 100,000)
- 377 thefts (2448.4 per 100,000)
- 33 auto thefts (214.3 per 100,000) crime index = 215.0 (higher means more crime, US average = 315.1)
Average climate in Danville, Kentucky
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Danville-area historical tornado activity is near Kentucky state average. It is 49% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 19.6 miles away from the Danville city center killed 7 people and injured 28 people.
On 4/3/1974, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 5.3 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 98 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Dennis Johnson - 2005 NFL player (San Francisco 49ers, born: Dec 4, 1979), Kelvin Turner - College football player (Marshall Thundering Herd).
Hospital/medical center in Danville:
- EPHRAIM MCDOWELL REGIONAL MED CENTER (217 S THIRD ST)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Danville:
- JAMES B HAGGIN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 11 miles; HARRODSBURG, KY)
- FORT LOGAN HOSP (about 12 miles; STANFORD, KY)
- GARRARD COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 13 miles; LANCASTER, KY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Danville:
- BLUE GRASS (about 30 miles; LEXINGTON, KY; ID: LEX)
- LOUISVILLE INTL-STANDIFORD FIELD (about 76 miles; LOUISVILLE, KY; ID: SDF)
- CINCINNATI/NORTHERN KENTUCKY INTERNATIONAL (about 96 miles; COVINGTON/CINCINNATI, OH, KY; ID: CVG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Danville:
- STUART POWELL FIELD (about 6 miles; DANVILLE, KY; ID: DVK)
- LIBERTY-CASEY COUNTY (about 31 miles; LIBERTY, KY; ID: I53)
- LEBANON-SPRINGFIELD (about 32 miles; SPRINGFIELD, KY; ID: 6I2)
Local government website:
Colleges/Universities in Danville:
- CENTRE COLLEGE OF KENTUCKY (Full-time enrollment: 1,053; Location: 600 W WALNUT ST; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.centre.edu)
- DURHAM BEAUTY SCHOOL (Location: 100 FOX HARBOR DR; Private, for-profit)
- DANVILLE HEALTH CARE TRAINING SCHOOL (Location: 1714 PERRYVILLE RD STE 520; Private, for-profit)
- CENTRAL KENTUCKY TECHNICAL COLLEGE-DANVILLE CAMPUS (Location: 1714 PERRYVILLE RD STE 110; Public)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Danville:
- UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY (about 33 miles; LEXINGTON, KY; Full-time enrollment: 20,492)
- LEXINGTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 33 miles; LEXINGTON, KY; FT enrollment: 5,437)
- EASTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY (about 35 miles; RICHMOND, KY; FT enrollment: 11,214)
- UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE (about 73 miles; LOUISVILLE, KY; FT enrollment: 15,514)
- SULLIVAN UNIVERSITY (about 75 miles; LOUISVILLE, KY; FT enrollment: 2,342)
- BELLARMINE UNIVERSITY (about 75 miles; LOUISVILLE, KY; FT enrollment: 2,030)
- ELIZABETHTOWN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 76 miles; ELIZABETHTOWN, KY; FT enrollment: 2,217)
Public high schools in Danville:
- BOYLE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 875; Location: 1637 PERRYVILLE RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- DANVILLE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 480; Location: 203 E. LEXINGTON AVE.; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Danville:
- BOYLE COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 699; Location: 1651 PERRYVILLE RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- WOODLAWN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 608; Location: 1661 PERRYVILLE RD; Grades: PK - 05)
- DANVILLE BATE MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 456; Location: 460 STANFORD AVE.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- TOLIVER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 284; Location: 209 N. MAPLE AVE.; Grades: KG - 05)
- HOGSETT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 276; Location: 300 WAVELAND AVE.; Grades: PK - 05)
- JENNIE ROGERS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 257; Location: 410 E. MAIN ST.; Grades: KG - 05)
- BOYLE CO DAY TREATMENT (Location: 202 S SECOND ST; Grades: 06 - 12)
- WOODLAWN CHILDREN'S ALTERNATIVE CAMPUS (Location: 1151 PERRYVILLE RD; Grades: KG - 08)
- KENTUCKY SCHOOL FOR THE DEAF (Location: S 2ND ST; Grades: KG - 12)
Private primary/middle schools in Danville:
- DANVILLE MONTESSORI SCHOOL (Students: 144; Location: 411 E MAIN; Grades: PK - 5)
- DANVILLE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 66; Location: 401 WAVELAND AVE; Grades: PK - 6)
Library in Danville:
- BOYLE COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $557,565; Location: 307 WEST BROADWAY; 90,321 books; 2,624 audio materials; 3,852 video materials; 154 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Danville: Danville Country Club (A), Pioneer Playhouse (B).
Church in Danville: Indian Hills Church (A).
Cemeteries: Hilldale Cemetery (1), Bellevue Cemetery (2).
Park in Danville: Jackson Park (1).
Danville compared to Kentucky state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Danville:
- WHIR (1230 AM; 1 kW; DANVILLE, KY; Owner: HOMETOWN B/CSTNG OF DANVILLE, INC.)
- WDFB (1170 AM; daytime; 1 kW; JUNCTION CITY, KY; Owner: ALUM SPRINGS VISION & OUTREACH CORP)
- WHBN (1420 AM; 1 kW; HARRODSBURG, KY; Owner: MORTENSON BROADCASTING COMPANY OF KE)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVLK (590 AM; 5 kW; LEXINGTON, KY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WRSL (1520 AM; daytime; 1 kW; STANFORD, KY; Owner: LINCOLN-GARRARD BROADCASTING CO.,INC)
- WLAP (630 AM; 5 kW; LEXINGTON, KY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXRA (1580 AM; 10 kW; GEORGETOWN, KY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WKYY (1280 AM; 1 kW; LANCASTER, KY; Owner: LANCASTER BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- WSAI (1530 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Danville:
- WDFB-FM (88.1 FM; DANVILLE, KY; Owner: ALUM SPRINGS EDUCATIONAL CORPORATION)
- WXKY-FM (96.3 FM; STANFORD, KY; Owner: LINCOLN-GARRARD BROADCASTING CO.,INC)
- WHIR-FM (107.1 FM; DANVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJMM-FM (99.3 FM; HARRODSBURG, KY; Owner: MORTENSON BROADCASTING COMPANY OF CENTRAL KENTUCKY, LLC)
- WUKY (91.3 FM; LEXINGTON, KY; Owner: BD. OF TRUSTEES UNIV. OF KENTUCKY)
- WRNZ (105.1 FM; LANCASTER, KY; Owner: HOMETOWN BROADCASTING OF LANCASTER, INC.)
- WVLK-FM (92.9 FM; LEXINGTON, KY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WEKU (88.9 FM; RICHMOND, KY; Owner: EASTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
- WLTO (102.5 FM; NICHOLASVILLE, KY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WVRB (95.3 FM; WILMORE, KY; Owner: VERNON R. BALDWIN, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Danville:
- WDKY-TV (Channel 56; DANVILLE, KY; Owner: WDKY LICENSEE, LLC)
- WKSO-TV (Channel 29; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- WKYT-TV (Channel 27; LEXINGTON, KY; Owner: WKYT LICENSEE CORP.)
- WKLE (Channel 46; LEXINGTON, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- WTVQ-TV (Channel 36; LEXINGTON, KY; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.