Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,830
Males: 4,610 (46.9%), Females: 5,220 (53.1%)
Median resident age: 33.4 years
Median household income: $45,200 (year 2000)
Median house value: $98,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Claiborne:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.3%)
- Black (1.6%)
- Hispanic (1.1%)
- Two or more races (0.7%)
Ancestries: United States (21.3%), Irish (13.2%), English (11.8%), French (7.9%), German (6.7%), Scotch-Irish (3.3%).
New! Louisiana forum
Elevation: 140 feet
Land area: 10.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Claiborne
- High school or higher: 87.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.6%
- Unemployed: 4.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Claiborne CDP
- Never married: 21.5%
- Now married: 59.7%
- Separated: 2.6%
- Widowed: 5.0%
- Divorced: 11.2%
1.5% Foreign born
Rentals - New Orleans like a native! 1 or 2 bedroom suites available. />
Orleans Real Estate - J. Derbes, Inc. specializes in Industrial & Commercial Real Estate />
Great Hotels at Yahoo - low rates, unbiased reviews, nearby restaurants, maps and more! />
Charles Hotels - rates, book online and save at Lake Charles Louisiana Hotels. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: LA Monroe, (6.8 miles pop. 53,107).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: LA Shreveport, (108.6 miles pop. 200,145).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Houston, (291.1 miles pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: LA (3.7 miles Brownsville-Bawcomville, Monroe, LA West (3.8 miles LA Monroe, (6.8 miles LA (9.4 miles Richwood, LA (14.0 miles Swartz, LA (14.5 miles Sterlington, Downsville, LA (16.7 miles) , LA (18.5 miles Eros,
Latitude: 32.53 N, Longitude: 92.19 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.0%), Manufacturing (12.5%), Retail trade (11.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,175 (-32.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 489 (10.0%)
Average climate in Claiborne, Louisiana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Claiborne-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Louisiana state average. It is 121% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/1/1983, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 14.4 miles away from the Claiborne city center killed 2 people and injured 20 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 2/1/1968, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 11.0 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Claiborne:
- GLENWOOD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 3 miles; WEST MONROE, LA)
- E A CONWAY MEDICAL CENTER (about 4 miles; MONROE, LA)
- ST FRANCIS MEDICAL CENTER (about 4 miles; MONROE, LA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Claiborne:
- MONROE REGIONAL (about 12 miles; MONROE, LA; ID: MLU)
- ALEXANDRIA INTL (about 87 miles; ALEXANDRIA, LA; ID: AEX)
- HARDY-ANDERS FIELD NATCHEZ-ADAMS COUNTY (about 90 miles; NATCHEZ, MS; ID: HEZ)
Other public-use airports nearest to Claiborne:
- UNION PARISH (about 17 miles; FARMERVILLE, LA; ID: F87)
- MOREHOUSE MEMORIAL (about 28 miles; BASTROP, LA; ID: 2F8)
- RUSTON RGNL (about 28 miles; RUSTON, LA; ID: RSN)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Claiborne:
- UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT MONROE (about 9 miles; MONROE, LA; Full-time enrollment: 8,116)
- LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY (about 32 miles; RUSTON, LA; FT enrollment: 9,013)
- GRAMBLING STATE UNIVERSITY (about 37 miles; GRAMBLING, LA; FT enrollment: 4,299)
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS AT MONTICELLO (about 78 miles; Monticello, AR; FT enrollment: 2,048)
- NORTHWESTERN STATE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA (about 82 miles; NATCHITOCHES, LA; FT enrollment: 7,710)
- SOUTHERN ARKANSAS UNIVERSITY MAIN CAMPUS (about 86 miles; MAGNOLIA, AR; FT enrollment: 2,646)
- ALCORN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 91 miles; ALCORN STATE, MS; FT enrollment: 2,594)
Churches in Claiborne include: Goodhope Church (A), Dean Chapel (B), Emmanuel Baptist Church of West Monroe (C), Claiborne Assembly of God Church (D), Claiborne United Methodist Church (E), Community Baptist Church (F).
Claiborne compared to Louisiana state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Claiborne:
- KNOE (540 AM; 5 kW; MONROE, LA; Owner: NOE CORP., LLC)
- KMBS (1310 AM; 5 kW; WEST MONROE, LA; Owner: RED BEAR BROADCASTING)
- KMLB (1440 AM; 5 kW; MONROE, LA)
- KRJO (1680 AM; 10 kW; MONROE, LA; Owner: NEW SOUTH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KLIC (1230 AM; 1 kW; MONROE, LA; Owner: MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KEEL (710 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KWKH (1130 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KGHT (880 AM; 50 kW; SHERIDAN, AR; Owner: METROPOLITAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KAAY (1090 AM; 50 kW; LITTLE ROCK, AR; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WJNT (1180 AM; 50 kW; PEARL, MS; Owner: BUCHANAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WSJC (810 AM; 50 kW; MAGEE, MS; Owner: FAMILY TALK RADIO)
- KWDF (840 AM; daytime; 8 kW; BALL, LA; Owner: BALL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
Strongest FM radio stations in Claiborne:
- KLIP (105.3 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: NEW SOUTH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KYFL (89.5 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- KJLO-FM (104.1 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: NEW SOUTH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KXUL (91.1 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT MONROE)
- KXRR (106.1 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: MONROE RADIO MEMBERS, L.L.C.)
- KNOE-FM (101.9 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: NOE CORP., LLC)
- KEDM (90.3 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT MONROE)
- KRVV (100.1 FM; BASTROP, LA; Owner: HOLLADAY BROADCASTING OF LOUISIANA, INC)
- KHLL (100.9 FM; RICHWOOD, LA; Owner: GILLILAND, INC.)
- KBMQ (88.7 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KWJM (92.7 FM; FARMERVILLE, LA; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KXKZ (107.5 FM; RUSTON, LA; Owner: COMMUNICATIONS CAPITAL COMPANY II OF LOUISIANA, LLC)
- KAXV (91.9 FM; BASTROP, LA; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- K244BX (96.7 FM; MONROE, LA; Owner: J AND J BROADCASTING)
- KPCH (97.7 FM; DUBACH, LA; Owner: COMMUNICATIONS CAPITAL COMPANY II OF LOUISIANA, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Claiborne:
- KARD (Channel 14; WEST MONROE, LA; Owner: QUORUM OF LOUISIANA LICENSE, LLC)
- KMCT-TV (Channel 39; WEST MONROE, LA; Owner: LOUISIANA CHRISTIAN B/CASTING, INC.)
- KMNO-LP (Channel 22; MONROE, LA; Owner: GREAT OAKS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KWMS-LP (Channel 17; WEST MONROE, LA; Owner: SONRISE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KNOE-TV (Channel 8; MONROE, LA; Owner: NOE CORP., LLC)
- KAQY (Channel 11; COLUMBIA, LA; Owner: MONROE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KLTM-TV (Channel 13; MONROE, LA; Owner: LOUISIANA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION AUTHORITY)
- K59GI (Channel 59; MONROE, LA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KTVE (Channel 10; EL DORADO, AR; Owner: PIEDMONT TELEVISION OF MONROE/EL DORADO LICENSE LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.