Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,189. Estimated population in July 2005: 8,152 (-11.3% change)
Males: 4,445 (48.4%), Females: 4,744 (51.6%)
Median resident age: 26.2 years
Median household income: $17,142 (year 2000)
Median house value: $39,000 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Tallulah:
- Black (74.8%)
- White Non-Hispanic (22.5%)
- Hispanic (2.1%)
- Two or more races (1.5%)
Ancestries: United States (6.0%), Irish (1.7%), German (1.3%), English (1.2%), Italian (1.1%).
New! Louisiana forum
Elevation: 87 feet
Land area: 2.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Tallulah
- High school or higher: 60.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.2%
- Unemployed: 14.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 18.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Tallulah city
- Never married: 38.5%
- Now married: 39.0%
- Separated: 4.8%
- Widowed: 9.0%
- Divorced: 8.7%
0.5% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +512 (+5.9%).
Real Estate - A Complete List of Homes. Free Search for Homes in Louisiana. />
Services - Relocation Real Estate Services & Realtors. />
Shreveport Guide - and easily find everything in Shreveport of interest. Free! />
Hotels - Shreveport? Find Deals & Read Hotel Reviews! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: LA Monroe, (62.5 miles pop. 53,107).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Rouge, LA Baton (135.0 miles pop. 227,818).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Houston, (341.2 miles pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: LA (2.0 miles Richmond, Mound, LA (12.4 miles) , LA (18.5 miles Delta, LA (21.0 miles Delhi, MS Vicksburg, (22.3 miles LA (23.5 miles Newellton, LA (23.8 miles Epps, Providence, LA Lake (27.4 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 8 buildings, average cost: $83,500
- 1997: 1 building, cost: $87,200
- 1998: 4 buildings, average cost: $106,000
- 1999: 1 building, cost: $106,000
- 2000: 7 buildings, average cost: $116,700
- 2001: 5 buildings, average cost: $124,100
- 2002: 3 buildings, average cost: $123,300
- 2003: 0 buildings
- 2004: 1 building, cost: $134,800
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $134,800
Latitude: 32.41 N, Longitude: 91.19 W
Area code: 318
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (29.8%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (11.3%), Public administration (10.8%), Manufacturing (10.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -114 (-1.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,468 (57.1%)
Average climate in Tallulah, Louisiana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Tallulah-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Louisiana state average. It is 169% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 2/21/1971, a category 5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 19.3 miles away from the Tallulah city center killed 47 people and injured 510 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 12/5/1953, a category 5 tornado 20.7 miles away from the city center killed 38 people and injured 270 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Chris Williams - College basketball player (Grambling Tigers).
Hospital/medical center in Tallulah:
- MADISON PARISH HOSPITAL (900 JOHNSON STREET)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Tallulah:
- RICHLAND PARISH HOSPITAL DELHI (about 23 miles; DELHI, LA)
- RIVER REGION HEALTH SYSTEM (about 24 miles; VICKSBURG, MS)
- EAST CARROLL PARISH HOSPITAL (about 28 miles; LAKE PROVIDENCE, LA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Tallulah:
- HARDY-ANDERS FIELD NATCHEZ-ADAMS COUNTY (about 56 miles; NATCHEZ, MS; ID: HEZ)
- MONROE REGIONAL (about 59 miles; MONROE, LA; ID: MLU)
- MID DELTA RGNL (about 75 miles; GREENVILLE, MS; ID: GLH)
Other public-use airports nearest to Tallulah:
- SCOTT (about 5 miles; TALLULAH, LA; ID: M80)
- VICKSBURG TALLULAH RGNL (about 13 miles; TALLULAH/VICKSBURG, MS, LA; ID: TVR)
- DELHI MUNI (about 21 miles; DELHI, LA; ID: 0M9)
College/University in Tallulah:
- LOUISIANA TECHNICAL COLLEGE-TALLULAH CAMPUS (Full-time enrollment: 302; Location: OLD HWY 65; Public; Website: www.ltctallulah.com)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Tallulah:
- ALCORN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 41 miles; ALCORN STATE, MS; Full-time enrollment: 2,594)
- HINDS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 53 miles; RAYMOND, MS; FT enrollment: 10,057)
- MISSISSIPPI COLLEGE (about 56 miles; CLINTON, MS; FT enrollment: 2,904)
- UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT MONROE (about 62 miles; MONROE, LA; FT enrollment: 8,116)
- JACKSON STATE UNIVERSITY (about 69 miles; JACKSON, MS; FT enrollment: 5,955)
- MISSISSIPPI DELTA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 86 miles; MOORHEAD, MS; FT enrollment: 2,486)
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY (about 88 miles; CLEVELAND, MS; FT enrollment: 3,288)
Public high schools in Tallulah:
- REUBEN MCCALL SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 316; Location: 800 WYCHE STREET; Grades: 08 - 12)
- TALLULAH HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 183; Location: 600 BAYOU DRIVE; Grades: 08 - 12)
Private high school in Tallulah:
- TALLULAH ACADEMY-DELTA SCHOOL (Students: 363; Location: POB 911; Grades: PK - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Tallulah:
- WRIGHT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 727; Location: 809 WYCHE STREET; Grades: PK - 05)
- TALLULAH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 516; Location: 1100 JOHNSON STREET; Grades: PK - 05)
- REUBEN MCCALL JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 296; Location: 900 WEST ASKEW STREET; Grades: 06 - 08)
- TALLULAH JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 202; Location: 507 BAYOU DRIVE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- WESTSIDE ALTERNATIVE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 156; Location: 1005 WEST GREEN STREET; Grades: KG - 12)
- CHRISTIAN ACRES ALTERNATIVE SCHOOL (Students: 79; Location: 200 LOOP ROAD; Grades: 06 - 12)
- STEPHEN HOYLE REHABILITATION CENTER (Location: 1005 WEST GREEN STREET; Grades: N - N )
Library in Tallulah:
- MADISON PARISH LIBRARY (Operating income: $167,101; Location: 403 NORTH MULBERRY STREET; 33,771 books; 313 audio materials; 36 video materials; 89 serial subscriptions)
Notable location: Madison Parish Courthouse (A).
Tallulah compared to Louisiana state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Tallulah:
- KBYO (1360 AM; 1 kW; TALLULAH, LA; Owner: TIGER COMMUNICATIONS INCORPORATED)
- WJNT (1180 AM; 50 kW; PEARL, MS; Owner: BUCHANAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WSJC (810 AM; 50 kW; MAGEE, MS; Owner: FAMILY TALK RADIO)
- KEEL (710 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WTWZ (1120 AM; daytime; 8 kW; CLINTON, MS; Owner: WOOD BROADCASTING CO.)
- KRJO (1680 AM; 10 kW; MONROE, LA; Owner: NEW SOUTH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- KGHT (880 AM; 50 kW; SHERIDAN, AR; Owner: METROPOLITAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KNOE (540 AM; 5 kW; MONROE, LA; Owner: NOE CORP., LLC)
- WOMN (1110 AM; daytime; 30 kW; FRANKLINTON, LA; Owner: PITTMAN BROADCASTING SERVICES, LLC.)
- KAAY (1090 AM; 50 kW; LITTLE ROCK, AR; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WJDX (620 AM; 5 kW; JACKSON, MS; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCPC (940 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, MS; Owner: WCPC BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Tallulah:
- KBYO-FM (104.9 FM; TALLULAH, LA; Owner: TIGER COMMUNICATIONS INCORPORATED)
- WSTZ-FM (106.7 FM; VICKSBURG, MS; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMSI-FM (102.9 FM; JACKSON, MS; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBBV (101.3 FM; VICKSBURG, MS; Owner: BISHOP BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMYY (92.3 FM; RAYVILLE, LA; Owner: MONROE RADIO MEMBERS, L.L.C.)
- WRTM-FM (100.5 FM; PORT GIBSON, MS; Owner: COMMANDER COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KGGM (93.5 FM; DELHI, LA; Owner: K.T. ENTERPRISES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Tallulah:
- WNTZ (Channel 48; NATCHEZ, MS; Owner: WHITE KNIGHT BROADCASTING OF NATCHEZ LICENSE CORP.)
- WLBT (Channel 3; JACKSON, MS; Owner: CIVCO, INC.)
- WDBD (Channel 40; JACKSON, MS; Owner: WDBD LICENSE CORP.)
- WMPN-TV (Channel 29; JACKSON, MS; Owner: MISSISSIPPI AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.