Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,410. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,504 (+1.3% change)
Males: 3,315 (44.7%), Females: 4,095 (55.3%)
Median resident age: 31.6 years
Median household income: $26,814 (year 2000)
Median house value: $81,600 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Farmington:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.0%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
- Hispanic (0.8%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
Ancestries: English (28.4%), French (13.3%), Irish (13.2%), United States (8.4%), Scottish (7.5%), German (6.1%).
New! Maine forum
Elevation: 425 feet
Land area: 4.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Farmington
- High school or higher: 84.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 26.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.1%
- Unemployed: 12.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Farmington town
- Never married: 33.9%
- Now married: 46.7%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 7.5%
- Divorced: 9.9%
1.4% Foreign born
Jobs - Found the Best 4 Sites About Maine Jobs />
- Maine Rental Guide and Services Portal />
Waterfront Rental - Brick Building views, deck, gourmet kitchen />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: ME Portland, (70.0 miles pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (174.8 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (377.3 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: ME (0.0 miles Farmington, ME (5.6 miles Temple, ME (7.9 miles Wilton, ME Chesterville, (9.2 miles Sharon, ME (9.2 miles New Vineyard, ME (9.4 miles New ME (10.8 miles Strong,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2003: 0 buildings
- 2004: 0 buildings
- 2005: 24 buildings, average cost: $200,000
Latitude: 44.67 N, Longitude: 70.15 W
Area code: 207
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (35.3%), Retail trade (16.2%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (11.7%).
Crime in Farmington by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||4 ||4 ||16 ||8 |
| per 100,000 ||54.0 ||54.0 ||215.9 ||108.0 |
|Robberies ||1 ||0 ||0 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||13.5 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||40.5 |
|Assaults ||7 ||4 ||12 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||94.5 ||54.0 ||161.9 ||54.0 |
|Burglaries ||50 ||39 ||45 ||34 |
| per 100,000 ||674.8 ||526.3 ||607.3 ||458.8 |
|Thefts ||216 ||209 ||182 ||212 |
| per 100,000 ||2915.0 ||2820.5 ||2456.1 ||2861.0 |
|Auto thefts ||8 ||15 ||8 ||14 |
| per 100,000 ||108.0 ||202.4 ||108.0 ||188.9 |
| ||217.0 ||198.2 ||268.2 ||227.8 |
Average climate in Farmington, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospital/medical center in Farmington:
- FRANKLIN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (111 FRANKLIN HEALTH COMMONS)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Farmington:
- RUMFORD HOSPITAL (about 31 miles; RUMFORD, ME)
- RUMFORD HOSPITAL (about 31 miles; RUMFORD, ME)
- REDINGTON FAIRVIEW GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 33 miles; SKOWHEGAN, ME)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Farmington:
- BRUNSWICK NAS (about 57 miles; BRUNSWICK, ME; ID: NHZ)
- PORTLAND INTL JETPORT (about 73 miles; PORTLAND, ME; ID: PWM)
- BANGOR INTL (about 93 miles; BANGOR, ME; ID: BGR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Farmington:
- SEVEN G S (about 18 miles; MOUNT VERNON, ME; ID: 75B)
- BOWMAN FIELD (about 19 miles; LIVERMORE FALLS, ME; ID: B10)
- CENTRAL MAINE ARPT OF NORRIDGEWOCK (about 21 miles; NORRIDGEWOCK, ME; ID: OWK)
College/University in Farmington:
- UNIVERSITY OF MAINE AT FARMINGTON (Full-time enrollment: 2,229; Location: 224 MAIN ST; Public; Website: www.umf.maine.edu)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Farmington:
- UNIVERSITY OF MAINE AT AUGUSTA (about 35 miles; AUGUSTA, ME; Full-time enrollment: 3,172)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MAINE (about 69 miles; PORTLAND, ME; FT enrollment: 7,381)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE (about 69 miles; STANDISH, ME; FT enrollment: 2,376)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLAND-UNIVERSITY CAMPUS (about 85 miles; BIDDEFORD, ME; FT enrollment: 2,251)
- UNIVERSITY OF MAINE (about 108 miles; ORONO, ME; FT enrollment: 8,590)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE-MAIN CAMPUS (about 120 miles; DURHAM, NH; FT enrollment: 12,586)
- PLYMOUTH STATE COLLEGE (about 122 miles; PLYMOUTH, NH; FT enrollment: 3,542)
Public high schools in Farmington:
- MT BLUE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 939; Location: 129 SEAMON ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- KEN FOSTER REG APPLIED TECH CTR (Location: 173 SEAMON ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Farmington:
- MT BLUE MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 433; Location: 269 MIDDLE STREET; Grades: 07 - 08)
- W G MALLETT SCHOOL (Students: 357; Location: 113 QUEBEC STREET; Grades: KG - 03)
- CASCADE BROOK SCHOOL (Students: 311; Location: 162 LEARNING LANE; Grades: 04 - 06)
Library in Farmington:
- FARMINGTON PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $138,933; Location: 117 ACADEMY STREET; 24,079 books; 587 audio materials; 144 video materials; 67 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Farmington: Farmington Fairgrounds (A), Manter Library (B), Farmington Public Library (C), Franklin County Courthouse (D), University of Maine at Farmington Art Gallery (E).
Churches in Farmington include: Friends of Jesus Church (A), First Congregational Church (B), New Hope Baptist Church (C), Henderson Memorial Baptist Church (D).
Cemeteries: Fairview Cemetery (1), Riverside Cemetery (2).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Cascade Brook (A), Beaver Brook (B), Temple Stream (C).
Farmington compared to Maine state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Farmington:
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WFAU (1280 AM; 5 kW; GARDINER, ME; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WMTW (870 AM; 10 kW; GORHAM, ME; Owner: RADIO PARTNERS OF MAINE, L.P.)
- WLAM (1470 AM; 5 kW; LEWISTON, ME; Owner: RADIO PARTNERS OF MAINE, L.P.)
- WGAN (560 AM; 5 kW; PORTLAND, ME; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Farmington:
- WUMF-FM (100.5 FM; FARMINGTON, ME; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MAINE SYSTEM)
- WKTJ-FM (99.3 FM; FARMINGTON, ME; Owner: FRANKLIN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WTOS-FM (105.1 FM; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLOB-FM (96.3 FM; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST RADIO, LLC)
- WTBM (100.7 FM; MEXICO, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WIGY (97.5 FM; MADISON, ME; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WHQO (107.9 FM; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INC.)
- WWWA (95.3 FM; WINSLOW, ME; Owner: LIGHT OF LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Farmington:
- W21BI (Channel 21; FARMINGTON, ME; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WPFO (Channel 23; WATERVILLE, ME; Owner: CMCG PORTLAND LICENSE LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.