Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 13,518
Males: 6,610 (48.9%), Females: 6,908 (51.1%)
Median resident age: 31.1 years
Median household income: $56,558 (year 2000)
Median house value: $133,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Ballenger Creek:
- White Non-Hispanic (81.5%)
- Black (10.1%)
- Hispanic (3.1%)
- Two or more races (2.0%)
- Other race (1.1%)
- Asian Indian (0.9%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
- Korean (0.6%)
- Chinese (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (24.5%), Irish (16.0%), English (10.0%), United States (9.2%), Italian (6.7%), Polish (2.4%).
New! Creek, Maryland forum
Land area: 5.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Ballenger Creek
- High school or higher: 91.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 33.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.6%
- Unemployed: 2.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Ballenger Creek CDP
- Never married: 22.3%
- Now married: 60.0%
- Separated: 2.4%
- Widowed: 5.6%
- Divorced: 9.8%
4.8% Foreign born (2.9% Asia, 0.9% Europe, 0.5% Latin America).
Landing Apts. - Fitness Center Landover Hills, Maryland />
MLS Search - Photos of Thousands of Homes Find New Listings in Georgia. />
Virginia Homes - of over 8,000 Northern Virginia real estate listings! />
FL Homes - listing + 1 pic. MLS by Owner. Save thousands using our tools. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MD Frederick, (3.2 miles pop. 52,767).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: DC Washington, (43.3 miles pop. 572,059).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (162.9 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: MD Frederick, (3.2 miles Hill, MD (5.2 miles Clover Heights, MD (5.7 miles Braddock Garden, MD (7.6 miles Discovery-Spring MD (7.7 miles Linganore-Bartonsville, MD Middletown, (8.7 miles MD (9.2 miles Walkersville, Market, MD (10.9 miles New
Latitude: 39.38 N, Longitude: 77.43 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (18.8%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (13.8%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (12.6%), Retail trade (10.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,198 (-16.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 771 (10.7%)
Average climate in Ballenger Creek, Maryland
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Ballenger Creek-area historical tornado activity is near Maryland state average. It is 26% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/22/1983, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 25.4 miles away from the Ballenger Creek city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 9/5/1979, a category 3 tornado 28.7 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 6 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Ballenger Creek:
- FREDERICK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; FREDERICK, MD)
- LOUDOUN HOSPITAL CENTER, LANSDOWNE (about 19 miles; LEESBURG, VA)
- PIEDMONT BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CENTER (about 19 miles; LEESBURG, VA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Ballenger Creek:
- HAGERSTOWN REGIONAL-RICHARD A HENSON FLD (about 30 miles; HAGERSTOWN, MD; ID: HGR)
- WASHINGTON DULLES INTERNATIONAL (about 31 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: IAD)
- RONALD REAGAN WASHINGTON NATIONAL (about 46 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: DCA)
Other public-use airports nearest to Ballenger Creek:
- FREDERICK MUNI (about 6 miles; FREDERICK, MD; ID: FDK)
- DAVIS (about 24 miles; LAYTONSVILLE, MD; ID: W50)
- LEESBURG EXECUTIVE (about 24 miles; LEESBURG, VA; ID: JYO)
Amtrak station near Ballenger Creek:
- 3 miles: FREDERICK (GREYHOUND STA., 27 E. ALL SAINTS ST.) - Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service, intercity bus service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Ballenger Creek:
- FREDERICK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 5 miles; FREDERICK, MD; Full-time enrollment: 2,407)
- SHEPHERD COLLEGE (about 27 miles; Shepherdstown, WV; FT enrollment: 3,576)
- MONTGOMERY COLLEGE (about 27 miles; ROCKVILLE, MD; FT enrollment: 11,829)
- WESTERN MARYLAND COLLEGE (about 34 miles; WESTMINSTER, MD; FT enrollment: 2,245)
- GETTYSBURG COLLEGE (about 34 miles; GETTYSBURG, PA; FT enrollment: 2,216)
- GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY (about 38 miles; FAIRFAX, VA; FT enrollment: 16,564)
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY (about 39 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; FT enrollment: 8,859)
Notable locations in Ballenger Creek: Wedgewood Business Park (A), Westview Corporate Campus (B), Bowmans Plains Industrial Park (C).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Butterfly Branch (A), King Branch (B), Pike Branch (C), Arundel Branch (D), Quarry Branch (E), Renn Branch (F).
Park in Ballenger Creek: Ballenger Creek Park (1).
Ballenger Creek compared to Maryland state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Ballenger Creek:
- WFMD (930 AM; 5 kW; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WXTR (820 AM; 4 kW; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WTRI (1520 AM; daytime; 17 kW; BRUNSWICK, MD; Owner: JMK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WKCW (1420 AM; 50 kW; WARRENTON, VA; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WUST (1120 AM; daytime; 20 kW; WASHINGTON, DC)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Ballenger Creek:
- WWVZ (103.9 FM; BRADDOCK HEIGHTS, MD; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- W219BX (91.7 FM; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CEDAR RIDGE CHILDREN'S HOME & SCHOOL, INC)
- WFRE (99.9 FM; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAFY (103.1 FM; MIDDLETOWN, MD; Owner: FREDERICK BROADCASTING LLC)
- WARX (106.9 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: MANNING BROADCASTING INC.)
- WAYZ-FM (104.7 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: HJV LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WETH (89.1 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: GREATER WASHINGTON EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSN.)
- W219BE (91.7 FM; WAYNESBORO, PA; Owner: MARANATHA BIBLE INSTITUTE, NDBA)
- W228BA (93.5 FM; LEESBURG, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WEEO-FM (103.7 FM; MCCONNELLSBURG, PA; Owner: ALLEGHENY MOUNTAIN NETWORK)
- WINC-FM (92.5 FM; WINCHESTER, VA; Owner: MID ATLANTIC NETWORK, INC.)
- W288AB (105.5 FM; BRADDOCK HEIGHTS, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLTF (97.5 FM; MARTINSBURG, WV; Owner: PRETTYMAN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WARW (94.7 FM; BETHESDA, MD; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WRQX (107.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: WMAL, INC.)
- WASH (97.1 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWDC-FM (101.1 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WIHT (99.5 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WHUR-FM (96.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE HOWARD UNIVERSITY)
- WCRH (90.5 FM; WILLIAMSPORT, MD; Owner: CEDAR RIDGE CHILDREN'S HOME & SCHOOL, INC)
TV broadcast stations around Ballenger Creek:
- W52AS (Channel 52; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WFPT (Channel 62; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WMPB (Channel 67; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WETA-TV (Channel 26; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE GREATER WASHINGTON ED TELECOMM. ASSOC)
- WDCA (Channel 20; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.