Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 25,798
Males: 12,525 (48.6%), Females: 13,273 (51.4%)
Median resident age: 35.3 years
Median household income: $69,612 (year 2000)
Median house value: $172,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Bel Air North:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.1%)
- Black (2.2%)
- Hispanic (1.1%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
- Asian Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (30.8%), Irish (23.5%), Italian (14.3%), English (12.9%), Polish (9.1%), United States (5.6%).
New! Air North, Maryland forum
Land area: 16.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Bel Air North
- High school or higher: 91.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 37.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.6%
- Unemployed: 2.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 34.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bel Air North CDP
- Never married: 18.7%
- Now married: 68.3%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 5.8%
- Divorced: 5.7%
2.4% Foreign born (1.1% Europe, 1.0% Asia).
In Southern MD - MLS information on homes for sale in Southern Maryland. />
Rental Maryland - From the Top 4 Sites For Boat Rental Maryland />
Maryland Hotel - rates, book online and save at Towson Maryland Hotel. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MD (20.2 miles Towson, pop. 51,793).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (24.3 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (89.2 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Air, MD (1.3 miles Bel Air South, MD (4.4 miles Bel Hills, MD (5.0 miles Pleasant MD (5.4 miles Fallston, MD (7.9 miles Kingsville, MD Jarrettsville, (8.4 miles MD (9.2 miles Edgewood, MD (9.4 miles Joppatowne,
Latitude: 39.55 N, Longitude: 76.36 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.3%), Retail trade (13.3%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (11.5%), Manufacturing (10.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -9,977 (-38.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,190 (8.9%)
Average climate in Bel Air North, Maryland
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Bel Air North-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Maryland state average. It is 41% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1961, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 28.1 miles away from the Bel Air North city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 4/5/1952, a category 3 tornado 37.0 miles away from the city center injured 4 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Bel Air North:
- UPPER CHESAPEAKE MEDICAL CENTER (about 2 miles; BEL AIR, MD)
- HARFORD MEMORIAL HOSP (about 18 miles; HAVRE DE GRACE, MD)
- ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL (about 18 miles; TOWSON, MD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Bel Air North:
- BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON INTL (about 34 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: BWI)
- LANCASTER (about 40 miles; LANCASTER, PA; ID: LNS)
- HARRISBURG INTERNATIONAL (about 52 miles; HARRISBURG, PA; ID: MDT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Bel Air North:
- FALLSTON (about 5 miles; FALLSTON, MD; ID: W42)
- HARFORD COUNTY (about 12 miles; CHURCHVILLE, MD; ID: 0W3)
- MARTIN STATE (about 17 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: MTN)
Amtrak station near Bel Air North:
- 15 miles: ABERDEEN (S. PHILADELPHIA & BELAIR AVE.). Services: free short-term parking, intercity bus service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bel Air North:
- HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 4 miles; BEL AIR, MD; Full-time enrollment: 2,646)
- MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 5,564)
- TOWSON UNIVERSITY (about 21 miles; TOWSON, MD; FT enrollment: 13,971)
- JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY (about 23 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 12,330)
- LOYOLA COLLEGE (about 24 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 4,859)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-BALTIMORE (about 26 miles; Baltimore, MD; FT enrollment: 4,456)
- UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE (about 26 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 3,230)
Notable locations in Bel Air North: Pleasant View Farms (A), Bel Air Commercial Park (B), Winters Run Golf Course (C), Wyndemede Industrial Park (D), Rock Springs Swim Club (E), Schucks Corners (F), Harford County Detention Center (G).
Shopping Center: Rock Spring Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Bel Air North include: Rock Spring Church (A), Saint Matthew Lutheran Church (B), Bel Air Church of the Nazarene (C), Friendship Church (D).
Cemeteries: Bel Air Memorial Gardens (1), Christ Church Cemetery (2), Heavenly Waters Cemetery (3).
Reservoir: Bel Air Reservoir (A).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Heavenly Waters (A), Bread And Cheese Branch (B), Bear Cabin Branch (C).
Parks in Bel Air North include: Heavenly Waters Park (1), Bel Air Courthouse Historic District (2), Forest Hill Recreation Complex (3), County Home Park (4).
Bel Air North compared to Maryland state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Bel Air North:
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WJSS (1330 AM; 5 kW; HAVRE DE GRACE, MD; Owner: PEOPLES BROADCAST NETWORK, LLC)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WNST (1570 AM; 5 kW; TOWSON, MD)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WCAO (600 AM; 5 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bel Air North:
- WLIF (101.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WLIF, INC.)
- WHFC (91.1 FM; BEL AIR, MD; Owner: HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WSMJ (104.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WWMX (106.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WIYY (97.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WXCY (103.7 FM; HAVRE DE GRACE, MD; Owner: DELMARVA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WDAC (94.5 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WDAC RADIO COMPANY)
- WSOX (96.1 FM; RED LION, PA; Owner: LANCASTER-YORK BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WARM-FM (103.3 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WROZ (101.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WZBA (100.7 FM; WESTMINSTER, MD; Owner: SHAMROCK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WXYV (105.7 FM; CATONSVILLE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WPOC (93.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WERQ-FM (92.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WBJC (91.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WYPR (88.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WYPR LICENSE HOLDING LLC)
- WRBS (95.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: PETER & JOHN RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WQSR (102.7 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY OF CHESAPEAKE LICENSEE CORP.)
- WTMD (89.7 FM; TOWSON, MD; Owner: TOWSON UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Bel Air North:
- WBAL-TV (Channel 11; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WBAL HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WMAR-TV (Channel 2; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBFF (Channel 45; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CHESAPEAKE TELEVISION LICENSEE, LLC)
- WNUV (Channel 54; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE (WNUV-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- WJZ-TV (Channel 13; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WMPB (Channel 67; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WUTB (Channel 24; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WPMT (Channel 43; YORK, PA; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- WTSD-CA (Channel 14; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: PRIORITY COMMUNICATIONS MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WMPT (Channel 22; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WGAL (Channel 8; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WGAL HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.