Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 39,711
Males: 19,383 (48.8%), Females: 20,328 (51.2%)
Median resident age: 34.9 years
Median household income: $62,064 (year 2000)
Median house value: $145,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Bel Air South:
- White Non-Hispanic (90.5%)
- Black (4.1%)
- Hispanic (1.9%)
- Two or more races (1.2%)
- Other race (0.7%)
- Asian Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (30.9%), Irish (21.6%), Italian (12.8%), English (12.7%), Polish (9.5%), United States (4.9%).
New! Air South, Maryland forum
Land area: 15.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Bel Air South
- High school or higher: 92.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 35.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 12.4%
- Unemployed: 2.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 31.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bel Air South CDP
- Never married: 20.6%
- Now married: 63.7%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 4.7%
- Divorced: 8.9%
3.9% Foreign born (1.5% Europe, 1.4% Asia, 0.5% Latin America, 0.4% Africa).
In Southern MD - MLS information on homes for sale in Southern Maryland. />
Inn Bel Air MD - 877-270-9434 or book online with no hidden booking fees. />
Real Estate - out detailed info & resources Harford County Real Estate />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MD Dundalk, (20.8 miles pop. 62,306).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (24.5 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (87.6 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Air, MD (3.1 miles Bel Air North, MD (4.4 miles Bel MD (5.1 miles Edgewood, Hills, MD (5.3 miles Pleasant MD (5.4 miles Riverside, MD (6.6 miles Joppatowne, MD (7.5 miles Kingsville, MD (7.7 miles Perryman,
Latitude: 39.50 N, Longitude: 76.32 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.8%), Retail trade (11.4%), Manufacturing (10.7%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.2%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -15,170 (-38.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,291 (10.6%)
Average climate in Bel Air South, Maryland
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Bel Air South-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Maryland state average. It is 39% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1961, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 27.5 miles away from the Bel Air South city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 9/5/1979, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 7.8 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Bel Air South:
- UPPER CHESAPEAKE MEDICAL CENTER (about 4 miles; BEL AIR, MD)
- HARFORD MEMORIAL HOSP (about 15 miles; HAVRE DE GRACE, MD)
- FRANKLIN SQUARE HOSPITAL (about 18 miles; BALTIMORE, MD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Bel Air South:
- BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON INTL (about 34 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: BWI)
- LANCASTER (about 43 miles; LANCASTER, PA; ID: LNS)
- NEW CASTLE COUNTY (about 51 miles; WILMINGTON, DE; ID: ILG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Bel Air South:
- FALLSTON (about 6 miles; FALLSTON, MD; ID: W42)
- HARFORD COUNTY (about 9 miles; CHURCHVILLE, MD; ID: 0W3)
- MARTIN STATE (about 14 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: MTN)
Amtrak station near Bel Air South:
- 11 miles: ABERDEEN (S. PHILADELPHIA & BELAIR AVE.). Services: free short-term parking, intercity bus service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bel Air South:
- HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 3 miles; BEL AIR, MD; Full-time enrollment: 2,646)
- MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 20 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 5,564)
- TOWSON UNIVERSITY (about 22 miles; TOWSON, MD; FT enrollment: 13,971)
- JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY (about 24 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 12,330)
- LOYOLA COLLEGE (about 25 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 4,859)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-BALTIMORE (about 26 miles; Baltimore, MD; FT enrollment: 4,456)
- UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE (about 26 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 3,230)
Notable locations in Bel Air South: Bynum Run Picnic Area (A), Wheel (B), Evermar Farms (C), Maryland Country Club (D).
Shopping Centers: Box Hill Square Shopping Center (1), Constant Friendship Shopping Center (2), Festival At Bel Air Shopping Center (3), Fountain Green Plaza Shopping Center (4).
Churches in Bel Air South include: Good Shepherd Lutheran Church (A), Saint Marys Church (B), Christ Our King Presbyterian Church (C), New Covenant Presbyterian Church (D), Mount Zion Church (E), Emmorton Baptist Church (F), Mount Carmel Church (G).
Cemetery: Mount Zion Cemetery (1).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Plumtree Run (A).
Parks in Bel Air South include: Bynum Run Park (1), Constant Friendship Park (2), Winters Run Conservation Area (3), Harford Glen Park (4).
Post office: (A).
Bel Air South compared to Maryland state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Bel Air South:
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WJSS (1330 AM; 5 kW; HAVRE DE GRACE, MD; Owner: PEOPLES BROADCAST NETWORK, LLC)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WNST (1570 AM; 5 kW; TOWSON, MD)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WBGR (860 AM; 3 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bel Air South:
- WHFC (91.1 FM; BEL AIR, MD; Owner: HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WSMJ (104.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WLIF (101.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WLIF, INC.)
- WWMX (106.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WXCY (103.7 FM; HAVRE DE GRACE, MD; Owner: DELMARVA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WIYY (97.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WDAC (94.5 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WDAC RADIO COMPANY)
- WARM-FM (103.3 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WXYV (105.7 FM; CATONSVILLE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WSOX (96.1 FM; RED LION, PA; Owner: LANCASTER-YORK BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WROZ (101.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WZBA (100.7 FM; WESTMINSTER, MD; Owner: SHAMROCK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPOC (93.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WERQ-FM (92.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WYPR (88.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WYPR LICENSE HOLDING LLC)
- WBJC (91.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WRBS (95.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: PETER & JOHN RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WTMD (89.7 FM; TOWSON, MD; Owner: TOWSON UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Bel Air South:
- WBAL-TV (Channel 11; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WBAL HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WMAR-TV (Channel 2; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBFF (Channel 45; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CHESAPEAKE TELEVISION LICENSEE, LLC)
- WNUV (Channel 54; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE (WNUV-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- WJZ-TV (Channel 13; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WMPB (Channel 67; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WUTB (Channel 24; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WTSD-CA (Channel 14; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: PRIORITY COMMUNICATIONS MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WMPT (Channel 22; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WPMT (Channel 43; YORK, PA; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.