Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 19,388
Males: 9,379 (48.4%), Females: 10,009 (51.6%)
Median resident age: 33.1 years
Median household income: $43,681 (year 2000)
Median house value: $175,500 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Cockeysville:
- White Non-Hispanic (76.0%)
- Black (8.9%)
- Korean (4.2%)
- Hispanic (3.4%)
- Chinese (2.2%)
- Two or more races (1.9%)
- Asian Indian (1.7%)
- Other race (1.0%)
- Other Asian (0.9%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
- Filipino (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (22.6%), Irish (16.3%), English (11.1%), Italian (9.2%), Polish (6.1%), United States (5.3%).
New! Maryland forum
Elevation: 300 feet
Land area: 11.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Cockeysville
- High school or higher: 90.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 46.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 20.3%
- Unemployed: 3.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cockeysville CDP
- Never married: 37.6%
- Now married: 44.4%
- Separated: 2.8%
- Widowed: 5.1%
- Divorced: 10.1%
14.5% Foreign born (8.2% Asia, 2.8% Europe, 2.1% Latin America).
Maryland Apartments - Maryland Apartment Guide! Virtual Tours, Floorplans, Photos />
Furnished Property - Owners of Rental Property Corporate Housing by Owner />
Real Estate - Estate Agent & Listings for Homes in the Greater Baltimore Area />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MD (5.7 miles Towson, pop. 51,793).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (11.5 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (108.1 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: MD Lutherville-Timonium, (2.6 miles Chapel, MD (3.2 miles Mays MD (4.9 miles Hampton, MD (5.7 miles Towson, MD (8.2 miles Parkville, MD (8.5 miles Pikesville, MD (8.8 miles Carney, MD (9.9 miles Garrison,
Latitude: 39.47 N, Longitude: 76.63 W
Area codes: 410, 443
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (22.3%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (13.0%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (11.8%), Retail trade (10.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +18,442 (+95.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,656 (22.6%)
Average climate in Cockeysville, Maryland
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Cockeysville-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Maryland state average. It is 42% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1961, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 17.6 miles away from the Cockeysville city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 9/24/2001, a category 3 tornado 21.9 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 55 people and caused $101 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Cockeysville:
- ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; TOWSON, MD)
- GREATER BALTIMORE MEDICAL CENTER (about 5 miles; BALTIMORE, MD)
- SHEPPARD ENOCH PRATT HOSPITAL, THE (about 5 miles; TOWSON, MD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Cockeysville:
- BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON INTL (about 22 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: BWI)
- ANDREWS AFB (about 50 miles; CAMP SPRINGS, MD; ID: ADW)
- HARRISBURG INTERNATIONAL (about 50 miles; HARRISBURG, PA; ID: MDT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Cockeysville:
- FALLSTON (about 16 miles; FALLSTON, MD; ID: W42)
- MARTIN STATE (about 20 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: MTN)
- HOBY WOLF (about 21 miles; ELDERSBURG, MD; ID: 1W5)
Amtrak station near Cockeysville:
- 12 miles: BALTIMORE (1500 N. CHARLES ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, snack bar, vending machines, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cockeysville:
- MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 4 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; Full-time enrollment: 5,564)
- TOWSON UNIVERSITY (about 6 miles; TOWSON, MD; FT enrollment: 13,971)
- LOYOLA COLLEGE (about 9 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 4,859)
- BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 10 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 3,227)
- JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY (about 11 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 12,330)
- COPPIN STATE COLLEGE (about 12 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 2,844)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-BALTIMORE (about 13 miles; Baltimore, MD; FT enrollment: 4,456)
Public primary/middle schools in Cockeysville:
- COCKEYSVILLE MIDDLE (Students: 813; Location: 10401 GREENSIDE DR; Grades: 06 - 08)
- WARREN ELEMENTARY (Students: 396; Location: 900 BOSLEY RD; Grades: PK - 05)
- PADONIA INTERNATIONAL ELEMENTARY (Students: 329; Location: 9834 GREENSIDE DR; Grades: PK - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Cockeysville:
- ST JOSEPH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 479; Location: 105 CHURCH LANE; Grades: KG - 8)
- ASHLAND PRESCHOOL CENTER (Students: 191; Location: 116 ASHLAND ROAD; Grades: PK - KG)
- APPLE TREE CHILDRENS CENTER (Students: 63; Location: 110 OLD PADONIA RD; Grades: PK - KG)
- PADONIA PARK CHILD CENTER (Students: 52; Location: 12006 JENIFER ROAD; Grades: PK - KG)
- EPWORTH CHILDREN'S CENTER (Students: 35; Location: 600 WARREN ROAD; Grades: PK - KG)
Notable locations in Cockeysville: Metropolitan Industrial Park (A), Masonic Home of Maryland (B), Longview Golf Course (C), Cockeysville Road Industrial Park (D), North Park Business Park (E), Childrens Village (F), Cockeysville Area Branch Baltimore County Public Library (G).
Shopping Centers: Padonia Park Shopping Center (1), Yorktowne Plaza Shopping Center (2), Cranbrook Shopping Center (3), Hunt Valley Mall Shopping Center (4), Hunt Valley Trade Center Shopping Center (5), Scotts Corner Shopping Center (6).
Churches in Cockeysville include: Poplar Grove Church (A), Saint Joseph Roman Catholic Church (B), Basils Church (C), Texas United Methodist Church (D), Cockeysville Baptist Church (E), Epworth United Methodist Church (F), Faith Lutheran Church (G).
Cemetery: Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens (1).
Lake: Beaverdam Pond (A).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Oregon Branch (A), Parks Run (B), Western Run (C), Beaverdam Run (D), Goodwin Run (E), Wolftrap Branch (F).
Park in Cockeysville: County Home Park (1).
Cockeysville compared to Maryland state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Cockeysville:
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNST (1570 AM; 5 kW; TOWSON, MD)
- WCAO (600 AM; 5 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WJFK (1300 AM; 5 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WLIF-AM, INC.)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WBGR (860 AM; 3 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Cockeysville:
- WLIF (101.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WLIF, INC.)
- WWMX (106.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WIYY (97.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WZBA (100.7 FM; WESTMINSTER, MD; Owner: SHAMROCK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WERQ-FM (92.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WBJC (91.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WTMD (89.7 FM; TOWSON, MD; Owner: TOWSON UNIVERSITY)
- WPOC (93.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WQSR (102.7 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY OF CHESAPEAKE LICENSEE CORP.)
- WYPR (88.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WYPR LICENSE HOLDING LLC)
- WXYV (105.7 FM; CATONSVILLE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WSMJ (104.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WRBS (95.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: PETER & JOHN RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WEAA (88.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: MORGAN STATE COLLEGE)
- WSOX (96.1 FM; RED LION, PA; Owner: LANCASTER-YORK BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WARM-FM (103.3 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WROZ (101.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WYCR (98.5 FM; YORK-HANOVER, PA; Owner: RADIO HANOVER, INC.)
- WGTY (107.7 FM; GETTYSBURG, PA; Owner: TIMES AND NEWS PUBLISHING COMPANY)
- WDAC (94.5 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WDAC RADIO COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Cockeysville:
- WBAL-TV (Channel 11; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WBAL HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WBFF (Channel 45; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CHESAPEAKE TELEVISION LICENSEE, LLC)
- WMAR-TV (Channel 2; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNUV (Channel 54; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE (WNUV-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- WJZ-TV (Channel 13; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WMPB (Channel 67; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WUTB (Channel 24; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WMJF-LP (Channel 16; TOWSON, MD; Owner: TOWSON UNIVERSITY)
- WMPT (Channel 22; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WPMT (Channel 43; YORK, PA; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- WGAL (Channel 8; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WGAL HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.