Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 23,378
Males: 11,240 (48.1%), Females: 12,138 (51.9%)
Median resident age: 30.9 years
Median household income: $47,150 (year 2000)
Median house value: $101,400 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Edgewood:
- White Non-Hispanic (66.7%)
- Black (25.7%)
- Hispanic (3.4%)
- Two or more races (2.7%)
- Other race (1.4%)
- American Indian (1.0%)
Ancestries: German (21.9%), Irish (14.0%), English (6.7%), Italian (6.5%), United States (6.2%), Polish (6.0%).
New! Maryland forum
Land area: 17.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Edgewood
- High school or higher: 82.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.6%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Edgewood CDP
- Never married: 27.7%
- Now married: 52.0%
- Separated: 3.9%
- Widowed: 4.3%
- Divorced: 12.1%
4.3% Foreign born (1.5% Latin America, 1.3% Asia, 1.0% Europe).
Vocational Schools - for vocational schools? See our vocational schools guide. />
At BelAir - And Spacious Floor Plans BelAir, Maryland />
In Southern MD - MLS information on homes for sale in Southern Maryland. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MD Dundalk, (17.8 miles pop. 62,306).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (23.0 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (88.9 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: MD (3.6 miles Joppatowne, Air South, MD (5.1 miles Bel MD (5.2 miles Riverside, MD (6.9 miles Perryman, Hills, MD (7.2 miles Pleasant MD (7.6 miles Kingsville, Air, MD (7.9 miles Bel Air North, MD (9.2 miles Bel
Latitude: 39.43 N, Longitude: 76.31 W
Area codes: 443, 410
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (17.4%), Retail trade (15.9%), Manufacturing (11.8%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -4,566 (-19.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,592 (14.2%)
Average climate in Edgewood, Maryland
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Edgewood-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Maryland state average. It is 37% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1961, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 24.9 miles away from the Edgewood city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 9/5/1979, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 8.0 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Edgewood:
- UPPER CHESAPEAKE MEDICAL CENTER (about 8 miles; BEL AIR, MD)
- FRANKLIN SQUARE HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; BALTIMORE, MD)
- HARFORD MEMORIAL HOSP (about 16 miles; HAVRE DE GRACE, MD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Edgewood:
- BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON INTL (about 31 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: BWI)
- LANCASTER (about 48 miles; LANCASTER, PA; ID: LNS)
- NEW CASTLE COUNTY (about 52 miles; WILMINGTON, DE; ID: ILG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Edgewood:
- FALLSTON (about 9 miles; FALLSTON, MD; ID: W42)
- MARTIN STATE (about 11 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: MTN)
- HARFORD COUNTY (about 11 miles; CHURCHVILLE, MD; ID: 0W3)
Amtrak station near Edgewood:
- 12 miles: ABERDEEN (S. PHILADELPHIA & BELAIR AVE.). Services: free short-term parking, intercity bus service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Edgewood:
- HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 8 miles; BEL AIR, MD; Full-time enrollment: 2,646)
- MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 20 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 5,564)
- TOWSON UNIVERSITY (about 22 miles; TOWSON, MD; FT enrollment: 13,971)
- JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY (about 22 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 12,330)
- LOYOLA COLLEGE (about 24 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 4,859)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-BALTIMORE (about 24 miles; Baltimore, MD; FT enrollment: 4,456)
- UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE (about 24 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 3,230)
Public high schools in Edgewood:
- EDGEWOOD HIGH (Students: 1,327; Location: 2415 WILLOUGHBY BEACH RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- ALTERNATIVE CENTER (Students: 30; Location: 2415 WILLOUGHBY BEACH RD; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Edgewood:
- EDGEWOOD MIDDLE (Students: 1,347; Location: 2311 WILLOUGHBY BEACH RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- DEERFIELD ELEMENTARY (Students: 688; Location: 2307 WILLOUGHBY BEACH RD; Grades: PK - 05)
- EDGEWOOD ELEMENTARY (Students: 458; Location: 2100 CEDAR DR; Grades: PK - 05)
Notable locations in Edgewood: Westwood Range (A), Greater Harford Industrial Park (B), William Paca Industrial Park (C), Winters Run Industrial Park (D), Frey Landing (E), Emmorton Business Park (F), Clayton Station Business Center (G), Clayton Station (H), Edgewood Proving Ground (I), Edgewood Branch Harford County Library (J).
Shopping Centers: Ames Shopping Center (1), Edgewater Village Shopping Center (2), Edgewood Plaza Shopping Center (3), Edgewood Square Shopping Center (4).
Churches in Edgewood include: Saint Francis De Sales Church (A), Lord of Life Lutheran Church (B), Trinity Church (C), Edgewood Assembly of God Church (D), Edgewood Baptist Church (E), Presbury Meeting House (F).
Cemetery: Saint Francis De Sales Cemetery (1).
Reservoir: Edgewater Village Lake (A).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Emmord Branch (A), East Branch Canal Creek (B), Haha Branch (C), Winters Run (D), Reardon Branch (E), Reardon Inlet (F), Monks Creek (G).
Parks in Edgewood include: Flying Point Park (1), Edgewood Park (2), Winters Run Park (3), Edgewater Park (4).
Post office: (A).
Edgewood compared to Maryland state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Edgewood:
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WJSS (1330 AM; 5 kW; HAVRE DE GRACE, MD; Owner: PEOPLES BROADCAST NETWORK, LLC)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBGR (860 AM; 3 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WNST (1570 AM; 5 kW; TOWSON, MD)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Edgewood:
- WSMJ (104.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WLIF (101.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WLIF, INC.)
- WWMX (106.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WXCY (103.7 FM; HAVRE DE GRACE, MD; Owner: DELMARVA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WIYY (97.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WHFC (91.1 FM; BEL AIR, MD; Owner: HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WXYV (105.7 FM; CATONSVILLE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WPOC (93.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WZBA (100.7 FM; WESTMINSTER, MD; Owner: SHAMROCK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WARM-FM (103.3 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WDAC (94.5 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WDAC RADIO COMPANY)
- WROZ (101.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSOX (96.1 FM; RED LION, PA; Owner: LANCASTER-YORK BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WERQ-FM (92.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WRBS (95.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: PETER & JOHN RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WYPR (88.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WYPR LICENSE HOLDING LLC)
- WBJC (91.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WWIN-FM (95.9 FM; GLEN BURNIE, MD; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WTMD (89.7 FM; TOWSON, MD; Owner: TOWSON UNIVERSITY)
- WEAA (88.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: MORGAN STATE COLLEGE)
TV broadcast stations around Edgewood:
- WBAL-TV (Channel 11; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WBAL HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WMAR-TV (Channel 2; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBFF (Channel 45; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CHESAPEAKE TELEVISION LICENSEE, LLC)
- WNUV (Channel 54; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE (WNUV-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- WJZ-TV (Channel 13; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WMPB (Channel 67; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WUTB (Channel 24; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WTSD-CA (Channel 14; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: PRIORITY COMMUNICATIONS MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WMPT (Channel 22; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.