Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 27,741
Males: 13,961 (50.3%), Females: 13,780 (49.7%)
Median resident age: 36.4 years
Median household income: $70,851 (year 2000)
Median house value: $174,800 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Eldersburg:
- White Non-Hispanic (93.9%)
- Black (3.2%)
- Hispanic (1.1%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (27.0%), Irish (19.9%), English (13.9%), Italian (9.4%), United States (7.7%), Polish (5.9%).
New! Maryland forum
Elevation: 640 feet
Land area: 40.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Eldersburg
- High school or higher: 88.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 32.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.4%
- Unemployed: 2.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 34.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Eldersburg CDP
- Never married: 20.3%
- Now married: 66.8%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 5.2%
- Divorced: 6.2%
1.8% Foreign born
Equipment - Health Projects Development Financing Execution />
Hospitals & Doctors - of Hospitals & Doctors in Chennai, Bangalore & Hyderabad />
& Surgical Supply - Manufacturers & Exporters Optical, Precision, Dental, Supply />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: City, MD Ellicott (12.3 miles pop. 56,397).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (23.9 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (130.8 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: MD (2.5 miles Sykesville, MD (10.2 miles Reisterstown, MD (10.8 miles Randallstown, Mills, MD Owings (10.9 miles City, MD Ellicott (12.3 miles MD (12.6 miles Westminster, Mill, MD (13.6 miles Milford MD (13.8 miles Garrison,
Latitude: 39.40 N, Longitude: 76.95 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (19.2%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (11.5%), Retail trade (11.3%), Public administration (10.2%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -7,111 (-25.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,428 (17.4%)
Average climate in Eldersburg, Maryland
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Eldersburg-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Maryland state average. It is 40% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/19/1996, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 5.5 miles away from the Eldersburg city center injured 3 people and caused $5 million in damages.
On 9/24/2001, a category 3 tornado 14.5 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 55 people and caused $101 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Eldersburg:
- SPRINGFIELD HOSPITAL CENTER (about 1 miles; SYKESVILLE, MD)
- NORTHWEST HOSPITAL CENTER (about 11 miles; RANDALLSTOWN, MD)
- CARROLL COUNTY GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; WESTMINSTER, MD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Eldersburg:
- BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON INTL (about 26 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: BWI)
- RONALD REAGAN WASHINGTON NATIONAL (about 39 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: DCA)
- ANDREWS AFB (about 42 miles; CAMP SPRINGS, MD; ID: ADW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Eldersburg:
- HOBY WOLF (about 3 miles; ELDERSBURG, MD; ID: 1W5)
- CLEARVIEW AIRPARK (about 7 miles; WESTMINSTER, MD; ID: 2W2)
- CARROLL COUNTY REGIONAL/JACK B POAGE FIELD (about 15 miles; WESTMINSTER, MD; ID: DMW)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Eldersburg:
- WESTERN MARYLAND COLLEGE (about 12 miles; WESTMINSTER, MD; Full-time enrollment: 2,245)
- HOWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 14 miles; COLUMBIA, MD; FT enrollment: 3,036)
- THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF BALTIMORE COUNTY (about 17 miles; CATONSVILLE, MD; FT enrollment: 10,141)
- BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 20 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 3,227)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-BALTIMORE COUNTY (about 20 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 9,095)
- COPPIN STATE COLLEGE (about 21 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 2,844)
- LOYOLA COLLEGE (about 23 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 4,859)
Public high school in Eldersburg:
- CENTURY HIGH (Students: 1,191; Location: 355 RONSDALE RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Notable locations in Eldersburg: Raincliff Business Center (A), Eldersburg Business Center (B), South Carroll Commercial Park (C), Carroll County Gun Club (D), Johnsville Senior Citizens Center (E).
Shopping Centers: Eldersburg Plaza Shopping Center (1), Carrolltown Mall Shopping Center (2).
Churches in Eldersburg include: Saint Josephs Catholic Church (A), Salem Church (B), Bethesda Church (C), Wesley Chapel (D), White Rock Church (E), Johnsville United Methodist Church (F), Harmony Grove Church (G), Oakland United Methodist Church (H).
Cemeteries: Johnsville Cemetery (1), Lake View Memorial Park (2), Bennett Cemetery (3), Bethesda Cemetery (4), Harmony Grove Cemetery (5), Nwe Oakland Cemetery (6), Old Oakland Cemetery (7).
Reservoir: Liberty Lake (A).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Piney Branch (A), Joe Branch (B), Morgan Run (C), Tuckers Branch (D).
Parks in Eldersburg include: Piney Run Park (1), Oklahoma Park (2), McKeldin Recreation Area (3), Holmes Park (4), Morgan Run Environmental Area (5).
Post offices: Springfield Hospital Center Post Office (A), Henryton Post Office (B), Gaither Post Office (C).
Eldersburg compared to Maryland state average:
- Median household income significantly above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- House age below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Eldersburg:
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WCAO (600 AM; 5 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WJFK (1300 AM; 5 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WLIF-AM, INC.)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
- WUST (1120 AM; daytime; 20 kW; WASHINGTON, DC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Eldersburg:
- WZBA (100.7 FM; WESTMINSTER, MD; Owner: SHAMROCK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPOC (93.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WWMX (106.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WIYY (97.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WBJC (91.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WLIF (101.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WLIF, INC.)
- WQSR (102.7 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY OF CHESAPEAKE LICENSEE CORP.)
- WERQ-FM (92.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WYCR (98.5 FM; YORK-HANOVER, PA; Owner: RADIO HANOVER, INC.)
- WFRE (99.9 FM; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAYZ-FM (104.7 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: HJV LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WWDC-FM (101.1 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- W219BX (91.7 FM; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CEDAR RIDGE CHILDREN'S HOME & SCHOOL, INC)
- WETH (89.1 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: GREATER WASHINGTON EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSN.)
- WGTY (107.7 FM; GETTYSBURG, PA; Owner: TIMES AND NEWS PUBLISHING COMPANY)
- WRBS (95.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: PETER & JOHN RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WRQX (107.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: WMAL, INC.)
- WASH (97.1 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WHUR-FM (96.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE HOWARD UNIVERSITY)
- WARW (94.7 FM; BETHESDA, MD; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Eldersburg:
- WMPB (Channel 67; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WUTB (Channel 24; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WBAL-TV (Channel 11; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WBAL HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WMAR-TV (Channel 2; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBFF (Channel 45; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CHESAPEAKE TELEVISION LICENSEE, LLC)
- WNUV (Channel 54; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE (WNUV-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- WJZ-TV (Channel 13; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WTTG (Channel 5; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WJLA-TV (Channel 7; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: ACC LICENSEE, INC.)
- WUSA (Channel 9; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE DETROIT NEWS, INC.)
- WMPT (Channel 22; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WBDC-TV (Channel 50; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: WBDC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WETA-TV (Channel 26; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE GREATER WASHINGTON ED TELECOMM. ASSOC)
- WDCA (Channel 20; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WHUT-TV (Channel 32; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: HOWARD UNIVERSITY)
- WRC-TV (Channel 4; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: NBC SUBSIDIARY (WRC-TV), INC.)
- WFPT (Channel 62; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.