Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,427
Males: 4,184 (49.6%), Females: 4,243 (50.4%)
Median resident age: 42.8 years
Median household income: $84,296 (year 2000)
Median house value: $206,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Fallston:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.7%)
- Hispanic (0.9%)
- Black (0.8%)
- Two or more races (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (38.1%), Irish (22.0%), English (14.8%), Italian (12.8%), Polish (8.2%), United States (6.0%).
New! Maryland forum
Elevation: 456 feet
Land area: 14.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Fallston
- High school or higher: 91.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 39.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 14.4%
- Unemployed: 2.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 35.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fallston CDP
- Never married: 19.0%
- Now married: 72.3%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 4.2%
- Divorced: 3.5%
3.6% Foreign born (1.6% Asia, 1.5% Europe).
Place Apartments - Waterfront Property Expert advice & negotiation skills />
Real Estate - Edgewood Properties Free Relocation Package />
Maryland Guide - for Motels, Real Estate, Maps Hotels, Restaurants, and more />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MD (15.2 miles Towson, pop. 51,793).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (19.8 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (94.5 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Hills, MD (4.4 miles Pleasant MD Jarrettsville, (5.4 miles Air North, MD (5.4 miles Bel MD (6.0 miles Kingsville, Air, MD (6.2 miles Bel Air South, MD (8.4 miles Bel Hall, MD Perry (9.5 miles MD (9.9 miles Joppatowne,
Latitude: 39.53 N, Longitude: 76.44 W
Area codes: 443, 410
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (22.6%), Retail trade (12.3%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (11.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,052 (-36.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 458 (10.1%)
Average climate in Fallston, Maryland
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Fallston-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Maryland state average. It is 41% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1961, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 24.3 miles away from the Fallston city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 9/24/2001, a category 3 tornado 34.1 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 55 people and caused $101 million in damages.
Birthplace of: Michael Lookingland - Major League Soccer player (Real Salt Lake, born: Sep 13, 1983).
Hospitals/medical centers near Fallston:
- UPPER CHESAPEAKE MEDICAL CENTER (about 7 miles; BEL AIR, MD)
- ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL (about 13 miles; TOWSON, MD)
- FRANKLIN SQUARE HOSPITAL (about 15 miles; BALTIMORE, MD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fallston:
- BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON INTL (about 30 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: BWI)
- LANCASTER (about 42 miles; LANCASTER, PA; ID: LNS)
- HARRISBURG INTERNATIONAL (about 50 miles; HARRISBURG, PA; ID: MDT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fallston:
- FALLSTON (about 4 miles; FALLSTON, MD; ID: W42)
- MARTIN STATE (about 16 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: MTN)
- HARFORD COUNTY (about 17 miles; CHURCHVILLE, MD; ID: 0W3)
Amtrak stations near Fallston:
- 20 miles: ABERDEEN (S. PHILADELPHIA & BELAIR AVE.). Services: free short-term parking, intercity bus service.
- 20 miles: BALTIMORE (1500 N. CHARLES ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, snack bar, vending machines, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fallston:
- HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 10 miles; BEL AIR, MD; Full-time enrollment: 2,646)
- MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 13 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 5,564)
- TOWSON UNIVERSITY (about 16 miles; TOWSON, MD; FT enrollment: 13,971)
- JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY (about 19 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 12,330)
- LOYOLA COLLEGE (about 19 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 4,859)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-BALTIMORE (about 21 miles; Baltimore, MD; FT enrollment: 4,456)
- UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE (about 21 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 3,230)
Public high school in Fallston:
- FALLSTON HIGH (Students: 1,672; Location: 2301 CARRS MILL RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Fallston:
- FALLSTON MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 1,225; Location: 2303 CARRS MILL RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- YOUTHS BENEFIT ELEMENTARY (Students: 985; Location: 1901 FALLSTON RD; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle school in Fallston:
- FACETS SCHOOL (Students: 5; Location: PO BOX 398; Grades: 7 - 9; Boys only)
Notable location: Fallston-Jarrettsville Branch Harford County Library (A).
Shopping Center: Cross Roads Station Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Fallston include: Good Will Church (A), Grandview Church (B), Grandview Methodist Church (C), Saint Marks Church (D), Friends Church (E), Friendship Church (F), Providence Church (G).
Cemeteries: Friends Cemetery (1), Providence Cemetery (2), Good Will Cemetery (3), Fallston Cemetery (4), Johnson Cemetery (5).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Elbow Brook (A), Overshot Branch (B), Hoops Branch (C), Long Branch (D), Laurel Brook (E).
Park in Fallston: Fallston Recreation Complex (1).
Post office: (A).
Fallston compared to Maryland state average:
- Median household income significantly above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Fallston:
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WNST (1570 AM; 5 kW; TOWSON, MD)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCAO (600 AM; 5 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WBGR (860 AM; 3 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fallston:
- WLIF (101.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WLIF, INC.)
- WSMJ (104.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WWMX (106.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WIYY (97.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WZBA (100.7 FM; WESTMINSTER, MD; Owner: SHAMROCK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WXYV (105.7 FM; CATONSVILLE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WSOX (96.1 FM; RED LION, PA; Owner: LANCASTER-YORK BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WARM-FM (103.3 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WROZ (101.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPOC (93.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WERQ-FM (92.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WDAC (94.5 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WDAC RADIO COMPANY)
- WHFC (91.1 FM; BEL AIR, MD; Owner: HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WXCY (103.7 FM; HAVRE DE GRACE, MD; Owner: DELMARVA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBJC (91.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WYPR (88.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WYPR LICENSE HOLDING LLC)
- WQSR (102.7 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY OF CHESAPEAKE LICENSEE CORP.)
- WRBS (95.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: PETER & JOHN RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WYCR (98.5 FM; YORK-HANOVER, PA; Owner: RADIO HANOVER, INC.)
- WTMD (89.7 FM; TOWSON, MD; Owner: TOWSON UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Fallston:
- WBAL-TV (Channel 11; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WBAL HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WMAR-TV (Channel 2; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBFF (Channel 45; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CHESAPEAKE TELEVISION LICENSEE, LLC)
- WNUV (Channel 54; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE (WNUV-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- WJZ-TV (Channel 13; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WMPB (Channel 67; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WUTB (Channel 24; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WPMT (Channel 43; YORK, PA; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- WMPT (Channel 22; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WGAL (Channel 8; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WGAL HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
- WMJF-LP (Channel 16; TOWSON, MD; Owner: TOWSON UNIVERSITY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.