Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 10,065
Males: 4,667 (46.4%), Females: 5,398 (53.6%)
Median resident age: 41.9 years
Median household income: $41,892 (year 2000)
Median house value: $110,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Halfway:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.8%)
- Black (2.1%)
- Hispanic (1.1%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
Ancestries: German (29.2%), Irish (11.0%), United States (10.8%), English (10.6%), Italian (4.1%), Scottish (3.6%).
New! Maryland forum
Elevation: 580 feet
Land area: 4.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Halfway
- High school or higher: 83.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.7%
- Unemployed: 1.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Halfway CDP
- Never married: 18.0%
- Now married: 58.1%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 12.2%
- Divorced: 9.9%
2.2% Foreign born (0.7% Asia, 0.7% Latin America, 0.5% Europe).
Hotels - Deals, Read Reviews from Real People. Get the Truth. Then Go. />
Inn Timonium MD - 877-270-9434 or book online with no hidden fees. />
Hotel Rates - prices on great hotel deals Up to 70% off - Yahoo! Travel Guide />
8 Motel Hagerstown - Low Rates, Hotel Information & More. Compare Prices Online & Save! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MD Frederick, (27.1 miles pop. 52,767).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: DC Washington, (71.0 miles pop. 572,059).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (182.0 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: James, MD (3.4 miles St. MD (3.6 miles Hagerstown, MD (3.8 miles Williamsport, MD (4.0 miles Funkstown, MD (5.2 miles Wilson-Conococheague, MD (5.5 miles Maugansville, Hills, MD (5.7 miles Fountainhead-Orchard Meadow, MD (6.6 miles Paramount-Long
Latitude: 39.62 N, Longitude: 77.77 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (17.8%), Manufacturing (16.8%), Retail trade (13.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,271 (-12.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 577 (11.8%)
Average climate in Halfway, Maryland
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Halfway-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Maryland state average. It is 2% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/16/1961, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 34.4 miles away from the Halfway city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/22/1983, a category 3 tornado 35.9 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Halfway:
- BROOK LANE PSYCHIATRIC CENTER (about 3 miles; HAGERSTOWN, MD)
- WASHINGTON COUNTY HOSPITAL (about 3 miles; HAGERSTOWN, MD)
- WESTERN MD CENTER (about 7 miles; HAGERSTOWN, MD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Halfway:
- HAGERSTOWN REGIONAL-RICHARD A HENSON FLD (about 7 miles; HAGERSTOWN, MD; ID: HGR)
- WASHINGTON DULLES INTERNATIONAL (about 52 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: IAD)
- ALTOONA-BLAIR COUNTY (about 60 miles; ALTOONA, PA; ID: AOO)
Other public-use airports nearest to Halfway:
- EASTERN WV REGIONAL/SHEPHERD FLD (about 22 miles; MARTINSBURG, WV; ID: MRB)
- CHAMBERSBURG MUNI (about 26 miles; CHAMBERSBURG, PA; ID: N68)
- POTOMAC AIRPARK (about 27 miles; BERKELEY SPRINGS, WV; ID: W35)
Amtrak stations near Halfway:
- 5 miles: HAGERSTOWN (GREYHOUND STA., 10527 SHARPSTOWN PK.) - Bus Station. Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar.
- 18 miles: MARTINSBURG (229 E. MARTIN ST.). Services: fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, paid short-term parking, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Halfway:
- SHEPHERD COLLEGE (about 13 miles; Shepherdstown, WV; Full-time enrollment: 3,576)
- FREDERICK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 26 miles; FREDERICK, MD; FT enrollment: 2,407)
- SHIPPENSBURG UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 35 miles; SHIPPENSBURG, PA; FT enrollment: 6,330)
- GETTYSBURG COLLEGE (about 40 miles; GETTYSBURG, PA; FT enrollment: 2,216)
- SHENANDOAH UNIVERSITY (about 41 miles; WINCHESTER, VA; FT enrollment: 2,030)
- WESTERN MARYLAND COLLEGE (about 54 miles; WESTMINSTER, MD; FT enrollment: 2,245)
- LORD FAIRFAX COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 55 miles; MIDDLETOWN, VA; FT enrollment: 2,064)
Shopping Centers: Valley Mall Shopping Center (1), Valley Plaza Shopping Center (2), Old Orchard Shopping Center (3).
Churches in Halfway include: Saint Andrew Church (A), Saint Joseph Catholic Church (B), Valley Grace Brethren Church (C), Van Lear Brethren Church (D), Virginia Avenue Baptist Church (E), Church of the Holy Trinity (F), Gay Street Brethren Church (G).
Cemetery: Bnai Abraham Cemetery (1).
Parks in Halfway include: Piper Lane Neighborhood Park (1), Halfway County Park (2), Marty Snook County Park (3).
Halfway compared to Maryland state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Halfway:
- WHAG (1410 AM; 1 kW; HALFWAY, MD; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WARK (1490 AM; 1 kW; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: MANNING BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJEJ (1240 AM; 1 kW; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: HAGERSTOWN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WTRI (1520 AM; daytime; 17 kW; BRUNSWICK, MD; Owner: JMK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WKCW (1420 AM; 50 kW; WARRENTON, VA; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WXTR (820 AM; 4 kW; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WFMD (930 AM; 5 kW; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Halfway:
- WKMZ (95.9 FM; WILLIAMSPORT, MD; Owner: PRETTYMAN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WDLD (96.7 FM; HALFWAY, MD; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WAYZ-FM (104.7 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: HJV LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WETH (89.1 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: GREATER WASHINGTON EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSN.)
- WARX (106.9 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: MANNING BROADCASTING INC.)
- WCRH (90.5 FM; WILLIAMSPORT, MD; Owner: CEDAR RIDGE CHILDREN'S HOME & SCHOOL, INC)
- WEEO-FM (103.7 FM; MCCONNELLSBURG, PA; Owner: ALLEGHENY MOUNTAIN NETWORK)
- WFRE (99.9 FM; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W219BX (91.7 FM; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CEDAR RIDGE CHILDREN'S HOME & SCHOOL, INC)
- WWVZ (103.9 FM; BRADDOCK HEIGHTS, MD; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WLTF (97.5 FM; MARTINSBURG, WV; Owner: PRETTYMAN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSRT (92.1 FM; MERCERSBURG, PA; Owner: M. BELMONT VERSTANDIG, INC.)
- W219BE (91.7 FM; WAYNESBORO, PA; Owner: MARANATHA BIBLE INSTITUTE, NDBA)
- WQCM (94.3 FM; GREENCASTLE, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- W228BA (93.5 FM; LEESBURG, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WAFY (103.1 FM; MIDDLETOWN, MD; Owner: FREDERICK BROADCASTING LLC)
- WINC-FM (92.5 FM; WINCHESTER, VA; Owner: MID ATLANTIC NETWORK, INC.)
- WIKZ (95.1 FM; CHAMBERSBURG, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- W228AB (93.5 FM; PARAMOUNT, ETC., MD; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WXVA-FM (98.3 FM; CHARLES TOWN, WV; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Halfway:
- W42CK (Channel 42; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING)
- WHAG-TV (Channel 25; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: QUORUM OF MARYLAND LICENSE, LLC)
- WWPB (Channel 31; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.