Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 11,391
Males: 5,654 (49.6%), Females: 5,737 (50.4%)
Median resident age: 38.1 years
Median household income: $57,799 (year 2000)
Median house value: $130,000 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Joppatowne:
- White Non-Hispanic (84.5%)
- Black (10.3%)
- Hispanic (2.1%)
- Two or more races (1.6%)
- Other race (1.0%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (26.4%), Irish (17.4%), English (12.8%), Polish (8.6%), Italian (7.6%), United States (3.3%).
New! Maryland forum
Elevation: 15 feet
Land area: 6.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Joppatowne
- High school or higher: 84.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.4%
- Unemployed: 2.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 32.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Joppatowne CDP
- Never married: 21.9%
- Now married: 60.4%
- Separated: 3.1%
- Widowed: 5.5%
- Divorced: 9.1%
5.0% Foreign born (2.5% Europe, 1.0% Asia, 1.0% Latin America).
At BelAir - And Spacious Floor Plans BelAir, Maryland />
- Living Retirement Community />
with Rent.com - Towson MD apartments Report your lease and get $100. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MD Dundalk, (14.5 miles pop. 62,306).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (19.4 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (92.5 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: MD (3.6 miles Edgewood, MD (4.6 miles Kingsville, Hills, MD (5.5 miles Pleasant Air South, MD (6.6 miles Bel Quarters, MD (6.8 miles Bowleys Marsh, MD (7.3 miles White River, MD (8.1 miles Middle Air, MD (8.4 miles Bel
Latitude: 39.41 N, Longitude: 76.36 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (18.3%), Retail trade (12.4%), Manufacturing (12.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -4,327 (-38.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 522 (8.5%)
Average climate in Joppatowne, Maryland
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Joppatowne-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Maryland state average. It is 37% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1961, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 21.5 miles away from the Joppatowne city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 9/24/2001, a category 3 tornado 35.0 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 55 people and caused $101 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Joppatowne:
- UPPER CHESAPEAKE MEDICAL CENTER (about 9 miles; BEL AIR, MD)
- FRANKLIN SQUARE HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; BALTIMORE, MD)
- ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; TOWSON, MD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Joppatowne:
- BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON INTL (about 28 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: BWI)
- LANCASTER (about 49 miles; LANCASTER, PA; ID: LNS)
- ANDREWS AFB (about 56 miles; CAMP SPRINGS, MD; ID: ADW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Joppatowne:
- FALLSTON (about 7 miles; FALLSTON, MD; ID: W42)
- MARTIN STATE (about 8 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: MTN)
- ESSEX SKYPARK (about 13 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: W48)
Amtrak stations near Joppatowne:
- 15 miles: ABERDEEN (S. PHILADELPHIA & BELAIR AVE.). Services: free short-term parking, intercity bus service.
- 20 miles: BALTIMORE (1500 N. CHARLES ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, snack bar, vending machines, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Joppatowne:
- HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 9 miles; BEL AIR, MD; Full-time enrollment: 2,646)
- MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 17 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 5,564)
- TOWSON UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; TOWSON, MD; FT enrollment: 13,971)
- JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY (about 19 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 12,330)
- LOYOLA COLLEGE (about 20 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 4,859)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-BALTIMORE (about 21 miles; Baltimore, MD; FT enrollment: 4,456)
- UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE (about 21 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 3,230)
| || |
Notable location: Joppa Branch Harford County Library (A). its location on the map
Shopping Center: Joppatowne Plaza Shopping Center (1). its location on the map
Churches in Joppatowne include: Good Shepherd United Presbyterian Church (A), Towne Baptist Church (B), John Wesley United Methodist Church (C), Joppatowne Christian Church (D), Church of the Resurrection (E), Holy Spirit Catholic Church (F), Faith Baptist Church (G). their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Foster Branch (A). its location on the map
Parks in Joppatowne include: Gunpowder Point Park (1), Copenhaver Park (2). their locations on the map
Post offices: Joppa Post Office (A), Magnolia Post Office (B). their locations on the map
Joppatowne compared to Maryland state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Joppatowne:
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBGR (860 AM; 3 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WNST (1570 AM; 5 kW; TOWSON, MD)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Joppatowne:
- WSMJ (104.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WLIF (101.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WLIF, INC.)
- WWMX (106.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WIYY (97.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WXYV (105.7 FM; CATONSVILLE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WXCY (103.7 FM; HAVRE DE GRACE, MD; Owner: DELMARVA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WPOC (93.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WZBA (100.7 FM; WESTMINSTER, MD; Owner: SHAMROCK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WHFC (91.1 FM; BEL AIR, MD; Owner: HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WERQ-FM (92.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WARM-FM (103.3 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WROZ (101.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSOX (96.1 FM; RED LION, PA; Owner: LANCASTER-YORK BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WDAC (94.5 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WDAC RADIO COMPANY)
- WYPR (88.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WYPR LICENSE HOLDING LLC)
- WRBS (95.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: PETER & JOHN RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WBJC (91.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WQSR (102.7 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY OF CHESAPEAKE LICENSEE CORP.)
- WWIN-FM (95.9 FM; GLEN BURNIE, MD; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WTMD (89.7 FM; TOWSON, MD; Owner: TOWSON UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Joppatowne:
- WBAL-TV (Channel 11; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WBAL HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WMAR-TV (Channel 2; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBFF (Channel 45; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CHESAPEAKE TELEVISION LICENSEE, LLC)
- WNUV (Channel 54; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE (WNUV-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- WJZ-TV (Channel 13; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WMPB (Channel 67; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WUTB (Channel 24; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WMPT (Channel 22; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WTSD-CA (Channel 14; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: PRIORITY COMMUNICATIONS MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WMJF-LP (Channel 16; TOWSON, MD; Owner: TOWSON UNIVERSITY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.