Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 11,021
Males: 5,883 (53.4%), Females: 5,138 (46.6%)
Median resident age: 26.8 years
Median household income: $39,214 (year 2000)
Median house value: $118,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Lexington Park:
- White Non-Hispanic (57.5%)
- Black (30.0%)
- Hispanic (4.8%)
- Two or more races (3.5%)
- Filipino (2.1%)
- Other race (1.8%)
- American Indian (1.6%)
- Chinese (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (11.8%), Irish (11.6%), English (8.7%), United States (4.8%), French (4.1%), Italian (3.9%).
New! Park, Maryland forum
Elevation: 112 feet
Land area: 8.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Lexington Park
- High school or higher: 86.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.7%
- Unemployed: 7.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 17.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lexington Park CDP
- Never married: 35.8%
- Now married: 49.6%
- Separated: 3.4%
- Widowed: 1.9%
- Divorced: 9.3%
5.0% Foreign born (3.1% Asia, 1.3% Latin America).
At BelAir - And Spacious Floor Plans BelAir, Maryland />
Inn Hotels - Inn Lexington Park Maryland Get great offers online. Book Now />
Maryland Apartments - Maryland Apartment Guide! Virtual Tours, Floorplans, Photos />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MD (52.8 miles Bowie, pop. 50,269).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: DC Washington, (59.5 miles pop. 572,059).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (150.1 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: MD (4.4 miles California, MD Solomons, (5.4 miles MD (6.6 miles Lusby, Ranch Estates-Drum Point, MD (6.7 miles Chesapeake MD (13.1 miles Leonardtown, Beach-Long Beach, MD (14.3 miles Calvert Leonard, MD (15.2 miles St. Frederick, MD (22.2 miles Prince
Latitude: 38.26 N, Longitude: 76.45 W
Industries providing employment: Public administration (19.0%), Educational,health and social services (16.6%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (15.7%), Retail trade (13.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +3,365 (+30.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,575 (27.8%)
Average climate in Lexington Park, Maryland
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lexington Park-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Maryland state average. It is 10% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/28/2002, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 15.7 miles away from the Lexington Park city center killed 3 people and injured 122 people and caused $124 million in damages.
On 4/28/2002, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.2 miles away from the city center caused $150,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Lexington Park:
- ST MARYS HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; LEONARDTOWN, MD)
- CALVERT MEMORIAL HOSP (about 22 miles; PRINCE FREDERICK, MD)
- DORCHESTER GENL HOSP (about 32 miles; CAMBRIDGE, MD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Lexington Park:
- ANDREWS AFB (about 48 miles; CAMP SPRINGS, MD; ID: ADW)
- RONALD REAGAN WASHINGTON NATIONAL (about 58 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: DCA)
- BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON INTL (about 65 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: BWI)
Other public-use airports nearest to Lexington Park:
- CAPT WALTER FRANCIS DUKE RGNL AT ST MARY'S (about 8 miles; LEONARDTOWN, MD; ID: 2W6)
- CAMBRIDGE-DORCHESTER (about 36 miles; CAMBRIDGE, MD; ID: CGE)
- TAPPAHANNOCK MUNI (about 38 miles; TAPPAHANNOCK, VA; ID: W79)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lexington Park:
- COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN MARYLAND (about 42 miles; LA PLATA, MD; Full-time enrollment: 3,439)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-COLLEGE PARK (about 50 miles; COLLEGE PARK, MD; FT enrollment: 29,298)
- PRINCE GEORGES COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 51 miles; LARGO, MD; FT enrollment: 5,764)
- UNITED STATES NAVAL ACADEMY (about 51 miles; ANNAPOLIS, MD; FT enrollment: 4,172)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-EASTERN SHORE (about 52 miles; PRINCESS ANNE, MD; FT enrollment: 2,940)
- BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY (about 54 miles; BOWIE, MD; FT enrollment: 3,323)
- ANNE ARUNDEL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 55 miles; ARNOLD, MD; FT enrollment: 6,467)
Private high school in Lexington Park:
- LEXINGTON PARK CHRISTIAN SCH (Students: 194; Location: 100 S SHANGRI-LA DR; Grades: 1 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Lexington Park:
- SPRING RIDGE MIDDLE (Students: 908; Location: 19856 THREE NOTCH RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- ESPERANZA MIDDLE (Students: 894; Location: 22790 MAPLE RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- GREEN HOLLY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 680; Location: 46060 MILLSTONE LANDING RD; Grades: PK - 05)
- LEXINGTON PARK ELEMENTARY (Students: 520; Location: 46763 SHANGRI LA DR; Grades: PK - 05)
- GEORGE WASHINGTON CARVER ELEMENTARY (Students: 359; Location: 47382 LINCOLN AVE; Grades: PK - 05)
- TOWN CREEK ELEMENTARY (Students: 301; Location: 45805 DENT DR; Grades: PK - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Lexington Park:
- BAY MONTESSORI (Students: 154; Location: 20525 WILLOWS RD; Grades: PK - 6)
- LEXINGTON PARK BAPTIST PRESCHO (Students: 99; Location: 46855 S SHANGRI LA DR; Grades: PK - KG)
Notable locations in Lexington Park: Halfheads Folly (A), Lexington Park Branch Library (B).
Shopping Centers: Millison Plaza Shopping Center (1), Saint Marys Square Shopping Center (2).
Churches in Lexington Park include: Grace Bible Baptist Church (A), Saint Nicholas Church (B), Trinity Church (C), Zion Church (D), Calvary Church (E), Church of the Ascension (F), First Pentecostal Church (G).
Reservoir: Pond Number Three (A).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Pine Hill Run (A).
Parks in Lexington Park include: Jarboesville Park (1), Nicolet Park (2).
Post office: (A).
Lexington Park compared to Maryland state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Lexington Park:
- WPTX (1690 AM; 10 kW; LEXINGTON PARK, MD; Owner: SOMAR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WTAR (850 AM; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: SINCLAIR COMMUNICATIONS)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WRVA (1140 AM; 50 kW; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCKO (1110 AM; daytime; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: WORD BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lexington Park:
- WMDM-FM (97.7 FM; LEXINGTON PARK, MD; Owner: SOMAR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- W201CG (88.1 FM; LEXINGTON PARK, MD; Owner: GRACE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH)
- WKIK-FM (102.9 FM; CALIFORNIA, MD; Owner: SOMAR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBZS-FM (92.7 FM; PRINCE FREDERICK, MD; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF PRINCE FREDERICK LICENSEE, LLC)
- WSMD-FM (98.3 FM; MECHANICSVILLE, MD; Owner: SOMAR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Lexington Park:
- WIAV-LP (Channel 58; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: ASIAVISION, INC.)
- W52AX (Channel 52; LEONARDTOWN, MD; Owner: SATELLITE VIDEO BROADCASTING)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.