Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 23,958
Males: 11,421 (47.7%), Females: 12,537 (52.3%)
Median resident age: 36.1 years
Median household income: $37,900 (year 2000)
Median house value: $88,500 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Middle River:
- White Non-Hispanic (81.7%)
- Black (13.2%)
- Hispanic (1.9%)
- Two or more races (1.5%)
- American Indian (0.9%)
- Other race (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (26.4%), Irish (15.5%), English (8.7%), Italian (7.1%), Polish (6.7%), United States (5.9%).
New! River, Maryland forum
Elevation: 30 feet
Land area: 7.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Middle River
- High school or higher: 71.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.7%
- Unemployed: 5.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 27.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Middle River CDP
- Never married: 25.6%
- Now married: 51.9%
- Separated: 4.3%
- Widowed: 7.7%
- Divorced: 10.5%
3.6% Foreign born (1.4% Africa, 1.2% Asia, 0.5% Latin America, 0.5% Europe).
Place Apartments - Waterfront Property Expert advice & negotiation skills />
Maryland Guide - for Motels, Real Estate, Maps Hotels, Restaurants, and more />
Manor Apts - New Resident Center Close to Columbia, Maryland />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MD Dundalk, (6.5 miles pop. 62,306).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (12.3 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (100.2 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: MD Essex, (2.0 miles MD (3.0 miles Rossville, Marsh, MD (3.6 miles White Quarters, MD (3.7 miles Bowleys MD (4.9 miles Rosedale, Hall, MD Perry (5.4 miles MD (5.7 miles Overlea, MD Dundalk, (6.5 miles
Latitude: 39.33 N, Longitude: 76.44 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (17.7%), Manufacturing (15.9%), Retail trade (13.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,777 (-11.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,069 (10.0%)
Average climate in Middle River, Maryland
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Middle River-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Maryland state average. It is 36% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1961, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 13.5 miles away from the Middle River city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 9/24/2001, a category 3 tornado 27.7 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 55 people and caused $101 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Middle River:
- FRANKLIN SQUARE HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; BALTIMORE, MD)
- JOHNS HOPKINS BAYVIEW MEDICAL CENTER (about 9 miles; BALTIMORE, MD)
- KENNEDY KREIGER INSTITUTE (about 10 miles; BALTIMORE, MD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Middle River:
- BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON INTL (about 20 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: BWI)
- ANDREWS AFB (about 48 miles; CAMP SPRINGS, MD; ID: ADW)
- RONALD REAGAN WASHINGTON NATIONAL (about 53 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: DCA)
Other public-use airports nearest to Middle River:
- MARTIN STATE (about 4 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: MTN)
- ESSEX SKYPARK (about 6 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: W48)
- FALLSTON (about 12 miles; FALLSTON, MD; ID: W42)
Amtrak station near Middle River:
- 13 miles: BALTIMORE (1500 N. CHARLES ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, snack bar, vending machines, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Middle River:
- JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY (about 12 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; Full-time enrollment: 12,330)
- TOWSON UNIVERSITY (about 13 miles; TOWSON, MD; FT enrollment: 13,971)
- MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 13 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 5,564)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-BALTIMORE (about 13 miles; Baltimore, MD; FT enrollment: 4,456)
- UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE (about 13 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 3,230)
- LOYOLA COLLEGE (about 14 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 4,859)
- COPPIN STATE COLLEGE (about 16 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 2,844)
Notable locations in Middle River: Pulaski Industrial Park (A), Chesapeake Industrial Park (B), Middle River Branch Baltimore County Public Library (C).
Shopping Centers: Aero Acres Shopping Center (1), Victory Villa Shopping Center (2), Martin Plaza Shopping Center (3), Hawthorne Plaza Shopping Center (4).
Churches in Middle River include: Sharp Church (A), Shining Star Church (B), Orems Church (C), Harmony Freewell Church (D), Carollwood Church (E), Kingston Church (F), Eastside Church (G), Faith Church (H).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Brien Run (A), Dark Head Creek (B), Cowpen Creek (C), Stansbury Creek (D), Stemmers Run (E).
Parks in Middle River include: Bengies-Walters Park (1), Kingston Park (2), Kingston Point Park (3), Midthorn Park (4).
Middle River compared to Maryland state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Middle River:
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WBGR (860 AM; 3 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNST (1570 AM; 5 kW; TOWSON, MD)
- WBMD (750 AM; daytime; 1 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WCAO (600 AM; 5 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Middle River:
- WLIF (101.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WLIF, INC.)
- WSMJ (104.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WWMX (106.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WXYV (105.7 FM; CATONSVILLE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WIYY (97.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WERQ-FM (92.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WPOC (93.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WZBA (100.7 FM; WESTMINSTER, MD; Owner: SHAMROCK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WYPR (88.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WYPR LICENSE HOLDING LLC)
- WRBS (95.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: PETER & JOHN RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WWIN-FM (95.9 FM; GLEN BURNIE, MD; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WEAA (88.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: MORGAN STATE COLLEGE)
- WBJC (91.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WTMD (89.7 FM; TOWSON, MD; Owner: TOWSON UNIVERSITY)
- WQSR (102.7 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY OF CHESAPEAKE LICENSEE CORP.)
- WARM-FM (103.3 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WROZ (101.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSOX (96.1 FM; RED LION, PA; Owner: LANCASTER-YORK BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WXCY (103.7 FM; HAVRE DE GRACE, MD; Owner: DELMARVA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WFSI (107.9 FM; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Middle River:
- WBAL-TV (Channel 11; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WBAL HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WMAR-TV (Channel 2; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBFF (Channel 45; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CHESAPEAKE TELEVISION LICENSEE, LLC)
- WNUV (Channel 54; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE (WNUV-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- WJZ-TV (Channel 13; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WMPB (Channel 67; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WUTB (Channel 24; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WMPT (Channel 22; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- W63BP (Channel 63; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: ANNAPOLIS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- W61BY (Channel 61; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: ANNAPOLIS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WMJF-LP (Channel 16; TOWSON, MD; Owner: TOWSON UNIVERSITY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.