Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 10,496
Males: 5,146 (49.0%), Females: 5,350 (51.0%)
Median resident age: 50.3 years
Median household income: $49,707 (year 2000)
Median house value: $138,800 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Ocean Pines:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.5%)
- Black (2.0%)
- Hispanic (0.9%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (29.4%), Irish (25.9%), English (15.9%), Italian (10.2%), Polish (5.9%), United States (4.8%).
New! Pines, Maryland forum
Elevation: 10 feet
Land area: 6.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Ocean Pines
- High school or higher: 91.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 29.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.2%
- Unemployed: 5.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Ocean Pines CDP
- Never married: 14.8%
- Now married: 70.3%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 6.2%
- Divorced: 6.9%
3.2% Foreign born (2.0% Europe, 0.8% Asia).
Maryland Apartments - Maryland Apartment Guide! Virtual Tours, Floorplans, Photos />
Properties - and Rentals Jerry Mueller Real Estate />
City Condos - Rentals in Ocean City Save up to 70%. Compare Prices! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NJ Vineland, (76.4 miles pop. 56,271).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: PA Philadelphia, (111.6 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Ocean City, MD West (4.4 miles MD (5.6 miles Berlin, City, MD Ocean (5.7 miles DE (7.1 miles Selbyville, Island, DE (8.6 miles Fenwick Whaleyville, MD (10.2 miles) , DE (10.9 miles Frankford, Bethany, DE (11.2 miles South
Latitude: 38.38 N, Longitude: 75.15 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (19.0%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (18.8%), Retail trade (13.5%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (10.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,713 (-35.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 525 (11.6%)
Crime in Ocean Pines by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||0 ||0 ||1 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||9.5 ||19.1 |
|Robberies ||1 ||0 ||1 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||9.5 ||0.0 ||9.5 ||19.1 |
|Assaults ||4 ||7 ||5 ||6 |
| per 100,000 ||38.1 ||66.7 ||47.6 ||57.2 |
|Burglaries ||20 ||20 ||11 ||19 |
| per 100,000 ||190.5 ||190.5 ||104.8 ||181.0 |
|Thefts ||49 ||65 ||67 ||87 |
| per 100,000 ||466.8 ||619.3 ||638.3 ||828.9 |
|Auto thefts ||4 ||1 ||7 ||9 |
| per 100,000 ||38.1 ||9.5 ||66.7 ||85.7 |
| ||45.5 ||52.2 ||54.4 ||77.5 |
Average climate in Ocean Pines, Maryland
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Ocean Pines-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Maryland state average. It is 68% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/12/1955, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 11.6 miles away from the Ocean Pines city center injured one person and caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
On 4/28/2002, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 45.9 miles away from the city center caused $150,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Ocean Pines:
- ATLANTIC GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; BERLIN, MD)
- BEEBE MEDICAL CENTER (about 25 miles; LEWES, DE)
- HEALTHSOUTH CHESAPEAKE REHAB HOSPITAL (about 32 miles; SALISBURY, MD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Ocean Pines:
- SALISBURY-OCEAN CITY WICOMICO REGIONAL (about 25 miles; SALISBURY, MD; ID: SBY)
- DOVER AFB (about 55 miles; DOVER, DE; ID: DOV)
- ATLANTIC CITY INTERNATIONAL (about 84 miles; ATLANTIC CITY, NJ; ID: ACY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Ocean Pines:
- OCEAN CITY MUNI (about 7 miles; OCEAN CITY, MD; ID: OXB)
- SUSSEX COUNTY (about 25 miles; GEORGETOWN, DE; ID: GED)
- BENNETT (about 31 miles; SALISBURY, MD; ID: 1N5)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Ocean Pines:
- DELAWARE TECHNICAL AND COMMUNITY COLLEGE-OWENS (about 27 miles; GEORGETOWN, DE; Full-time enrollment: 2,053)
- SALISBURY STATE UNIVERSITY (about 32 miles; SALISBURY, MD; FT enrollment: 5,645)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-EASTERN SHORE (about 40 miles; PRINCESS ANNE, MD; FT enrollment: 2,940)
- DELAWARE STATE UNIVERSITY (about 60 miles; Dover, DE; FT enrollment: 2,641)
- ATLANTIC CAPE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 81 miles; MAYS LANDING, NJ; FT enrollment: 3,086)
- THE RICHARD STOCKTON COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY (about 87 miles; POMONA, NJ; FT enrollment: 5,526)
- UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE (about 87 miles; NEWARK, DE; FT enrollment: 17,786)
Notable locations in Ocean Pines: White Horse Camp Ground (A), Cotton Hill Camp (B), Ocean Pines Country Club (C), Ocean Pines Yacht Club (D).
Lakes: Maceasin Pond (A), Haystack Pond (B).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Beaverdam Branch (A), Manklin Creek (B), Saint Martin River (C), Taylorville Creek (D), Jake Gut (E).
Ocean Pines compared to Maryland state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Ocean Pines:
- WKHZ (1590 AM; 1 kW; OCEAN CITY, MD; Owner: RADIO BROADCAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJWL (900 AM; 11 kW; GEORGETOWN, DE; Owner: GREAT SCOTT BROADCASTING)
- WTGM (960 AM; 10 kW; SALISBURY, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPEN (950 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
- WZZD (990 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WPHT (1210 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KYW (1060 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WJDY (1470 AM; 5 kW; SALISBURY, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Ocean Pines:
- WQJZ (97.1 FM; OCEAN PINES, MD; Owner: DELMARVA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLBW (92.1 FM; FENWICK ISLAND, DE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WOCM (98.1 FM; SELBYVILLE, DE; Owner: IRIE RADIO, INC.)
- WWFG (99.9 FM; OCEAN CITY, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRXS (106.9 FM; OCEAN CITY, MD; Owner: ATLANTIC RADIO BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WZEB (101.7 FM; OCEAN VIEW, DE; Owner: GREAT SCOTT BROADCASTING)
- WQHQ (104.7 FM; OCEAN CITY-SALISBURY, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WOSC (95.9 FM; BETHANY BEACH, DE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSDL (90.7 FM; OCEAN CITY, MD; Owner: SALISBURY UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WJNE (103.5 FM; BETHANY BEACH, DE; Owner: GREAT SCOTT BROADCASTING)
- WZBH (93.5 FM; GEORGETOWN, DE; Owner: GREAT SCOTT BROADCASTING)
- WOCQ (103.9 FM; BERLIN, MD; Owner: GREAT SCOTT BROADCASTING)
- WXJN (105.9 FM; LEWES, DE; Owner: DELMARVA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WGMD (92.7 FM; REHOBOTH BEACH, DE; Owner: RESORT BROADCASTING COMPANY, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Ocean Pines:
- WRAV-LP (Channel 8; OCEAN CITY, MD; Owner: ASIAVISION, INC.)
- WEWE-LP (Channel 24; SUSSEX COUNTY, DE; Owner: OCEAN 60 BROADCASTING ASSOCIATION)
- WBOC-TV (Channel 16; SALISBURY, MD; Owner: WBOC, INC.)
- WMDT (Channel 47; SALISBURY, MD; Owner: DELMARVA BROADCAST SERVICE GENERAL PARTNERSHIP)
- WCPB (Channel 28; SALISBURY, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WBLP-LP (Channel 22; OCEAN CITY, MD; Owner: OCEAN 22 BROADCASTING ASSOCIATION)
- WLWP-LP (Channel 4; MILLSBORO, ETC., DE; Owner: OCEAN 4 BROADCASTING ASSOCIATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.