Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 22,438
Males: 10,702 (47.7%), Females: 11,736 (52.3%)
Median resident age: 34.6 years
Median household income: $47,587 (year 2000)
Median house value: $123,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Reisterstown:
- White Non-Hispanic (71.2%)
- Black (18.4%)
- Hispanic (4.4%)
- Two or more races (2.3%)
- Other race (1.6%)
- Asian Indian (1.6%)
- Chinese (0.8%)
- Other Asian (0.6%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (18.0%), Irish (10.4%), English (8.9%), United States (6.3%), Russian (6.3%), Italian (5.5%).
New! Maryland forum
Elevation: 720 feet
Land area: 5.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Reisterstown
- High school or higher: 88.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 34.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 12.2%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 29.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Reisterstown CDP
- Never married: 27.2%
- Now married: 56.0%
- Separated: 3.5%
- Widowed: 5.8%
- Divorced: 7.5%
14.9% Foreign born (7.0% Europe, 4.0% Asia, 3.2% Latin America).
At BelAir - And Spacious Floor Plans BelAir, Maryland />
Homes For Sale - or Selling a home? Call Matt Fein for your Real Estate needs. />
Maryland Guide - for Motels, Real Estate, Maps Hotels, Restaurants, and more />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: City, MD Ellicott (13.0 miles pop. 56,397).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MD Baltimore, (17.0 miles pop. 651,154).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (120.7 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Mills, MD Owings (3.4 miles MD (5.8 miles Randallstown, MD (5.8 miles Garrison, Mill, MD (8.4 miles Milford MD (9.3 miles Pikesville, MD (9.4 miles Lochearn, MD (10.2 miles Eldersburg, MD (10.9 miles Hampstead,
Latitude: 39.46 N, Longitude: 76.81 W
Area codes: 443, 410
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (22.8%), Retail trade (12.3%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (11.5%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -6,385 (-28.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,425 (12.1%)
Average climate in Reisterstown, Maryland
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Reisterstown-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Maryland state average. It is 42% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/19/1996, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 9.4 miles away from the Reisterstown city center injured 3 people and caused $5 million in damages.
On 9/24/2001, a category 3 tornado 15.7 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 55 people and caused $101 million in damages.
Birthplace of: Brahn Jenkins - College basketball player (Fairleigh Dickinson Knights).
Hospitals/medical centers near Reisterstown:
- NORTHWEST HOSPITAL CENTER (about 6 miles; RANDALLSTOWN, MD)
- SPRINGFIELD HOSPITAL CENTER (about 12 miles; SYKESVILLE, MD)
- JAMES LAWRENCE KERNAN HOSPITAL INC (about 12 miles; BALTIMORE, MD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Reisterstown:
- BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON INTL (about 23 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: BWI)
- RONALD REAGAN WASHINGTON NATIONAL (about 45 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: DCA)
- ANDREWS AFB (about 46 miles; CAMP SPRINGS, MD; ID: ADW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Reisterstown:
- HOBY WOLF (about 9 miles; ELDERSBURG, MD; ID: 1W5)
- CLEARVIEW AIRPARK (about 14 miles; WESTMINSTER, MD; ID: 2W2)
- CARROLL COUNTY REGIONAL/JACK B POAGE FIELD (about 17 miles; WESTMINSTER, MD; ID: DMW)
Amtrak station near Reisterstown:
- 18 miles: BALTIMORE (1500 N. CHARLES ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, snack bar, vending machines, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
College/University in Reisterstown:
- MARYLAND BEAUTY ACADEMY OF OWINGS MILLS (Full-time enrollment: 27; Location: 152 CHARTLEY DR; Private, for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Reisterstown:
- BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 13 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; Full-time enrollment: 3,227)
- THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF BALTIMORE COUNTY (about 14 miles; CATONSVILLE, MD; FT enrollment: 10,141)
- WESTERN MARYLAND COLLEGE (about 15 miles; WESTMINSTER, MD; FT enrollment: 2,245)
- COPPIN STATE COLLEGE (about 15 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 2,844)
- LOYOLA COLLEGE (about 15 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 4,859)
- TOWSON UNIVERSITY (about 15 miles; TOWSON, MD; FT enrollment: 13,971)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-BALTIMORE COUNTY (about 16 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; FT enrollment: 9,095)
Public high school in Reisterstown:
- FRANKLIN HIGH (Students: 1,546; Location: 12000 REISTERSTOWN RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Reisterstown:
- HANNAL MORE SCHOOL (Students: 145; Location: P.O. BOX 249 12039 REISTERSTO; Grades: 7 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Reisterstown:
- FRANKLIN MIDDLE (Students: 1,443; Location: 10 COCKEYSMILL RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- CEDARMERE ELEMENTARY (Students: 530; Location: 17 NICODEMUS RD; Grades: PK - 05)
- GLYNDON ELEMENTARY (Students: 515; Location: 445 GLYNDON DR; Grades: PK - 05)
- FRANKLIN ELEMENTARY (Students: 505; Location: 33 COCKEYSMILL RD; Grades: PK - 05)
- REISTERSTOWN ELEMENTARY (Students: 457; Location: 223 WALGROVE RD; Grades: PK - 05)
- CHATSWORTH SCHOOL (Students: 448; Location: 222 NEW AVE; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Reisterstown:
- CHESTNUT RIDGE-GRACE PRESCHOOL (Students: 15; Location: 1804 RIDGE ROAD; Grades: KG - KG)
- REISTERTOWN BAPT CH DAY CARE (Students: 9; Location: 25 E CHESTNUT HILL LANE; Grades: KG - KG)
- THE RIGHT START (Students: 4; Location: 603 605 WESTMINSTER PIKE; Grades: KG - KG)
Notable location: Reisterstown Public Library (A).
Shopping Centers: Reisterstown Shopping Center (1), Reisterstown Village Shopping Center (2), Cherry Vale Plaza Shopping Center (3), Chartley Shopping Center (4).
Churches in Reisterstown include: Sacred Heart Church (A), Community Church (B), Reisterstown Baptist Church (C).
Cemetery: Saint Lukes Cemetery (1).
Parks in Reisterstown include: Hannah More Park (1), Roaches Run Park (2).
Post office: (A).
Reisterstown compared to Maryland state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Reisterstown:
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCAO (600 AM; 5 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJFK (1300 AM; 5 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WLIF-AM, INC.)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
- WNST (1570 AM; 5 kW; TOWSON, MD)
Strongest FM radio stations in Reisterstown:
- WZBA (100.7 FM; WESTMINSTER, MD; Owner: SHAMROCK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWMX (106.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WBJC (91.5 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WPOC (93.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WQSR (102.7 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY OF CHESAPEAKE LICENSEE CORP.)
- WIYY (97.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WLIF (101.9 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WLIF, INC.)
- WERQ-FM (92.3 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WYPR (88.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WYPR LICENSE HOLDING LLC)
- WRBS (95.1 FM; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: PETER & JOHN RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WYCR (98.5 FM; YORK-HANOVER, PA; Owner: RADIO HANOVER, INC.)
- WGTY (107.7 FM; GETTYSBURG, PA; Owner: TIMES AND NEWS PUBLISHING COMPANY)
- WROZ (101.3 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WARM-FM (103.3 FM; YORK, PA; Owner: WSBA LICO, INC.)
- WXYV (105.7 FM; CATONSVILLE, MD; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WSOX (96.1 FM; RED LION, PA; Owner: LANCASTER-YORK BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WAYZ-FM (104.7 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: HJV LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WETH (89.1 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: GREATER WASHINGTON EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSN.)
- WFRE (99.9 FM; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W219BX (91.7 FM; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CEDAR RIDGE CHILDREN'S HOME & SCHOOL, INC)
TV broadcast stations around Reisterstown:
- WMPB (Channel 67; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WBAL-TV (Channel 11; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WBAL HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WMAR-TV (Channel 2; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBFF (Channel 45; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: CHESAPEAKE TELEVISION LICENSEE, LLC)
- WNUV (Channel 54; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: BALTIMORE (WNUV-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- WUTB (Channel 24; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WJZ-TV (Channel 13; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WMPT (Channel 22; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WPMT (Channel 43; YORK, PA; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- WBDC-TV (Channel 50; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: WBDC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WETA-TV (Channel 26; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE GREATER WASHINGTON ED TELECOMM. ASSOC)
- WMJF-LP (Channel 16; TOWSON, MD; Owner: TOWSON UNIVERSITY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.