Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 33,379
Males: 15,847 (47.5%), Females: 17,532 (52.5%)
Median resident age: 31.3 years
Median household income: $56,992 (year 2000)
Median house value: $136,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in St. Charles:
- White Non-Hispanic (62.5%)
- Black (28.7%)
- Hispanic (3.3%)
- Two or more races (2.8%)
- American Indian (1.5%)
- Other race (1.1%)
- Filipino (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (14.5%), Irish (14.4%), English (10.6%), Italian (6.5%), United States (5.2%), Polish (2.9%).Charles, Maryland
Elevation: 210 feet
Land area: 11.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in St. Charles
- High school or higher: 88.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.6%
- Unemployed: 3.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 38.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in St. Charles CDP
- Never married: 30.0%
- Now married: 50.7%
- Separated: 3.8%
- Widowed: 4.8%
- Divorced: 10.8%
3.6% Foreign born (1.6% Asia, 1.0% Latin America, 0.7% Europe).
Maryland Apartments - Maryland Apartment Guide! Virtual Tours, Floorplans, Photos />
Properties - real estate listings on NYTimes.com />
For Rent - directories, photos and rent info for apartments in your area />
Melbourne Apartments - City Selection! Short or Long Term, Furnished or Unfurnished. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: VA Alexandria, (18.1 miles pop. 128,283).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: DC Washington, (22.3 miles pop. 572,059).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (155.2 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: MD Waldorf, (3.1 miles Plata, MD (6.3 miles La MD (6.3 miles Bennsville, MD (7.9 miles Brandywine, MD (8.4 miles Accokeek, Port Tobacco Village, MD (9.7 miles) , MD (10.4 miles Hughesville, MD (10.8 miles Friendly,
Latitude: 38.61 N, Longitude: 76.92 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (16.6%), Public administration (16.0%), Retail trade (13.3%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (11.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -10,916 (-32.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,913 (10.9%)
Average climate in St. Charles, Maryland
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
St. Charles-area historical tornado activity is near Maryland state average. It is 21% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/28/2002, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 18.6 miles away from the St. Charles city center killed 3 people and injured 122 people and caused $124 million in damages.
On 9/5/1979, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 16.5 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 6 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near St. Charles:
- CIVISTA MEDICAL CENTER (about 7 miles; LA PLATA, MD)
- SOUTHERN MARYLAND HOSP (about 11 miles; CLINTON, MD)
- FT WASHINGTON MEDICAL CENTER (about 12 miles; FORT WASHINGTON, MD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to St. Charles:
- ANDREWS AFB (about 14 miles; CAMP SPRINGS, MD; ID: ADW)
- RONALD REAGAN WASHINGTON NATIONAL (about 19 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: DCA)
- BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON INTL (about 43 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; ID: BWI)
Other public-use airports nearest to St. Charles:
- WASHINGTON EXECUTIVE/HYDE FIELD (about 9 miles; CLINTON, MD; ID: W32)
- POTOMAC AIRFIELD (about 10 miles; FRIENDLY, MD; ID: VKX)
- MARYLAND (about 11 miles; INDIAN HEAD, MD; ID: 2W5)
Amtrak station near St. Charles:
- 18 miles: ALEXANDRIA (110 CALLAHAN DR.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, ATM, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to St. Charles:
- COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN MARYLAND (about 7 miles; LA PLATA, MD; Full-time enrollment: 3,439)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-COLLEGE PARK (about 16 miles; COLLEGE PARK, MD; FT enrollment: 29,298)
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY (about 21 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; FT enrollment: 11,674)
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY (about 21 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; FT enrollment: 9,297)
- PRINCE GEORGES COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 22 miles; LARGO, MD; FT enrollment: 5,764)
- GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY (about 23 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; FT enrollment: 16,045)
- CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF AMERICA (about 24 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; FT enrollment: 4,472)
Notable locations in St. Charles: Middle Business Park (A), Pika Industrial Park (B), Saint Charles Business Park North (C), Huntington Neighborhood Center (D), Bannister Neighborhood Center (E), P D Brown Memorial Branch Charles County Library (F), Waldorf Rescue Squad (G), Wakefield Neighborhood Center (H), Smallwood Safety Center (I).
Shopping Centers: Village Square Shopping Center (1), Saint Charles Towne Center Shopping Center (2), Saint Charles Towne Plaza Shopping Center (3), Heritage Center Shopping Center (4), Smallwood Village Shopping Center (5).
Churches in St. Charles include: Good Shepherd United Methodist Church (A), Pilgrim Holiness Church (B), Peace Lutheran Church (C), Our Lady Help of Christians Church (D), Calvary United Methodist Church (E), Church of Christ (F), Kingdom Hall (G), First Baptist Church (H).
Cemetery: Saint Pauls Piney Cemetery (1).
Reservoirs: Hampshire Lake (A), Post Office Lake (B), Saint Pauls Lake (C), Angler Lake (D), Dorchester Lake (E), Wakefield Lake (F), Lambeth Hill Lake (G).
Parks in St. Charles include: White Plains Regional Park (1), Saint Charles Athletic Center (2).
Post offices: Post Office Road Plaza Shopping Center (A), Waldorf Post Office (B).
St. Charles compared to Maryland state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in St. Charles:
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WKDL (730 AM; 8 kW; ALEXANDRIA, VA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ALEXANDRIA LICENSEE, LLC)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WUST (1120 AM; daytime; 20 kW; WASHINGTON, DC)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WKIK (1560 AM; daytime; 1 kW; LA PLATA, MD)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWLG (1370 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: M-10 BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in St. Charles:
- WWZZ (104.1 FM; WALDORF, MD; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WPGC-FM (95.5 FM; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF MARYLAND)
- WHFS (99.1 FM; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WRQX (107.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: WMAL, INC.)
- WHUR-FM (96.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE HOWARD UNIVERSITY)
- WASH (97.1 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WKYS (93.9 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WARW (94.7 FM; BETHESDA, MD; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WIHT (99.5 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WBZS-FM (92.7 FM; PRINCE FREDERICK, MD; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF PRINCE FREDERICK LICENSEE, LLC)
- WSMD-FM (98.3 FM; MECHANICSVILLE, MD; Owner: SOMAR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJFK-FM (106.7 FM; MANASSAS, VA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF WASHINGTON, DC)
- WWDC-FM (101.1 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WETA (90.9 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: GREATER WASHINGTON EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSN.)
- WGTS (91.9 FM; TAKOMA PARK, MD; Owner: COLUMBIA UNION COLLEGE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WBIG-FM (100.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WJZW (105.9 FM; WOODBRIDGE, VA; Owner: WMAL, INC.)
- WCSP-FM (90.1 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: NATIONAL CABLE SATELLITE CORPORATION)
- WAVA (105.1 FM; ARLINGTON, VA; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF VIRGINIA, INC.)
- WGRQ (95.9 FM; COLONIAL BEACH, VA; Owner: TELEMEDIA BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around St. Charles:
- WIAV-LP (Channel 58; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: ASIAVISION, INC.)
- WJLA-TV (Channel 7; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: ACC LICENSEE, INC.)
- WUSA (Channel 9; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE DETROIT NEWS, INC.)
- WTTG (Channel 5; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WBDC-TV (Channel 50; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: WBDC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHUT-TV (Channel 32; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: HOWARD UNIVERSITY)
- WETA-TV (Channel 26; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE GREATER WASHINGTON ED TELECOMM. ASSOC)
- WDCA (Channel 20; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WRC-TV (Channel 4; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: NBC SUBSIDIARY (WRC-TV), INC.)
- WMPT (Channel 22; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WNVC (Channel 56; FAIRFAX, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W28BY (Channel 63; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFORMATION SUPER STATION, L.L.C.)
- WZDC-LP (Channel 64; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: ONDA CAPITAL, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.