Zip Code, Radio Stations, Crime Rate, Population, Weather Forecast, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,287. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,228 (-0.8% change)
Males: 3,585 (49.2%), Females: 3,702 (50.8%)
Median resident age: 34.8 years
Median household income: $46,619 (year 2000)
Median house value: $171,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Ayer:
- White Non-Hispanic (84.0%)
- Black (5.7%)
- Hispanic (4.7%)
- Two or more races (2.8%)
- Other race (2.3%)
- American Indian (0.9%)
- Korean (0.8%)
Ancestries: Irish (23.1%), English (13.8%), French (12.6%), Italian (12.1%), German (7.6%), United States (7.1%).Massachusetts
Elevation: 226 feet
Land area: 1.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Ayer
- High school or higher: 88.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.8%
- Unemployed: 3.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 28.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Ayer town
- Never married: 28.8%
- Now married: 49.6%
- Separated: 2.7%
- Widowed: 7.2%
- Divorced: 11.7%
9.5% Foreign born (2.8% Asia, 2.3% Europe, 2.2% Latin America, 1.2% Africa, 1.0% North America).
Permits? - and Straightforward Guide to Building Permits />
City Apartments - for a luxury Apartment? Fully serviced and stylish! />
Apartments - through thousands of no fee apartments in the Boston area. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NH (15.0 miles Nashua, pop. 86,605).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (37.9 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (205.3 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: MA (0.0 miles Ayer, Devens, MA (2.6 miles Fort MA (3.4 miles Groton, MA (4.2 miles Harvard, MA (4.7 miles Shirley, MA (5.2 miles Littleton,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 40 buildings, average cost: $93,400
- 1997: 32 buildings, average cost: $103,000
- 1998: 56 buildings, average cost: $83,200
- 1999: 23 buildings, average cost: $101,000
- 2000: 7 buildings, average cost: $104,700
- 2001: 5 buildings, average cost: $124,000
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $167,500
- 2003: 12 buildings, average cost: $178,600
- 2004: 18 buildings, average cost: $181,400
- 2005: 49 buildings, average cost: $150,800
Latitude: 42.56 N, Longitude: 71.59 W
Area code: 978
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (24.0%), Educational,health and social services (17.8%), Retail trade (10.6%).
Crime in Ayer by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||3 ||1 ||4 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||41.2 ||13.7 ||54.9 ||13.7 |
|Robberies ||2 ||0 ||1 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||27.4 ||0.0 ||13.7 ||27.4 |
|Assaults ||17 ||20 ||23 ||18 |
| per 100,000 ||233.3 ||274.5 ||315.6 ||247.0 |
|Burglaries ||42 ||34 ||61 ||23 |
| per 100,000 ||576.4 ||466.6 ||837.1 ||315.6 |
|Thefts ||77 ||94 ||94 ||58 |
| per 100,000 ||1056.7 ||1290.0 ||1290.0 ||795.9 |
|Auto thefts ||8 ||6 ||8 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||109.8 ||82.3 ||109.8 ||68.6 |
| ||162.8 ||151.2 ||208.2 ||122.5 |
Average climate in Ayer, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Ayer-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Massachusetts state average. It is 13% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 18.5 miles away from the Ayer city center killed 90 people and injured 1228 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 10/3/1970, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 4.5 miles away from the city center killed one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Hospital/medical center in Ayer:
Other hospitals/medical centers near Ayer:
- DEACONESS - NASHOBA HOSPITAL (200 GROTON AVE)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Ayer:
- HEALTH ALLIANCE HOSPITALS INC (about 12 miles; LEOMINSTER, MA)
- CLINTON HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION (about 12 miles; CLINTON, MA)
- MARLBOROUGH HOSPITAL (about 15 miles; MARLBOROUGH, MA)
Other public-use airports nearest to Ayer:
- LAURENCE G HANSCOM FLD (about 22 miles; BEDFORD, MA; ID: BED)
- MANCHESTER (about 28 miles; MANCHESTER, NH; ID: MHT)
- WORCESTER REGIONAL (about 29 miles; WORCESTER, MA; ID: ORH)
- SHIRLEY (about 6 miles; SHIRLEY, MA; ID: 9B4)
- MINUTE MAN AIR FIELD (about 9 miles; STOW, MA; ID: 6B6)
- FITCHBURG MUNI (about 12 miles; FITCHBURG, MA; ID: FIT)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Ayer:
Public high school in Ayer:
- BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY (about 12 miles; WALTHAM, MA; Full-time enrollment: 4,444)
- FITCHBURG STATE COLLEGE (about 16 miles; FITCHBURG, MA; FT enrollment: 3,660)
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS-LOWELL (about 19 miles; LOWELL, MA; FT enrollment: 8,373)
- FRAMINGHAM STATE COLLEGE (about 21 miles; FRAMINGHAM, MA; FT enrollment: 4,185)
- MIDDLESEX COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 22 miles; BEDFORD, MA; FT enrollment: 4,501)
- QUINSIGAMOND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 23 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 3,359)
- WORCESTER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE (about 26 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 3,426)
Public primary/middle schools in Ayer:
- AYER HIGH (Students: 374; Location: 141 WASHINGTON STREET; Grades: 09 - 12)
Library in Ayer:
- PAGE-HILLTOP (Students: 651; Location: 115 WASHINGTON STREET; Grades: PK - 04)
- AYER MIDDLE (Students: 365; Location: 141 WASHINGTON STREET; Grades: 05 - 08)
- AYER PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $349,015; Location: 26 EAST MAIN ST.; 51,500 books; 1,250 audio materials; 2,500 video materials; 91 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Ayer: Ayer Library (A), Ayer Town Hall (B).
Churches in Ayer include: Saint Andrews Episcopal Church (A), Federated Church (B), Apple Valley Baptist Church (C).
Cemetery: Saint Marys Cemetery (1).
Reservoirs: School House Pond (A), Plow Shop Pond (B), Balch Pond (C).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Bowers Brook (A).
Post office: (A).
Ayer compared to Massachusetts state average:
Strongest AM radio stations in Ayer:
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
Strongest FM radio stations in Ayer:
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WAZN (1470 AM; 7 kW; MARLBOROUGH, MA; Owner: MULTICULTURAL RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WBNW (1120 AM; 5 kW; CONCORD, MA; Owner: MONEY MATTERS RADIO, INC.)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
- WCAP (980 AM; 5 kW; LOWELL, MA; Owner: NORTHEAST RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Ayer:
- WFEX (92.1 FM; PETERBOROUGH, NH; Owner: FNX BROADCASTING OF NEW HAMPSHIRE LLC)
- WXLO (104.5 FM; FITCHBURG, MA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WAAF (107.3 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WBMX (98.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WJMN (94.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCRB (102.5 FM; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER BROADCASTING WCRB LICE)
- WTKK (96.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WROR-FM (105.7 FM; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBOS (92.9 FM; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WGBH (89.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WHOB (106.3 FM; NASHUA, NH; Owner: TELE-MEDIA COMPANY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE, L.L.C.)
- WGIR-FM (101.1 FM; MANCHESTER, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WQLL (96.5 FM; BEDFORD, NH; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WLMW (90.7 FM; MANCHESTER, NH; Owner: KNOWLEDGE FOR LIFE)
- WBUR-FM (90.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: TRUSTEES OF BOSTON UNIVERSITY)
- WZID (95.7 FM; MANCHESTER, NH; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WSRS (96.1 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WODS (103.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WUTF (Channel 66; MARLBOROUGH, MA; Owner: TELEFUTURA BOSTON LLC)
- WUNI (Channel 27; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WCVB HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WGBH-TV (Channel 2; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WHDH-TV (Channel 7; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WHDH-TV)
- WMFP (Channel 62; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: WSAH LICENSE, INC.)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WGBX-TV (Channel 44; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WSBK-TV (Channel 38; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: WLVI, INC.)
- WFXT (Channel 25; BOSTON, MA; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS INC.)
- WNDS (Channel 50; DERRY, NH; Owner: CTV OF DERRY, INC)
- W40BO (Channel 40; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WFXZ-CA (Channel 24; BOSTON, MA; Owner: BOSTON BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WTMU-LP (Channel 32; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ZGS BOSTON, INC.)
- WCEA-LP (Channel 58; BOSTON, MA; Owner: CHANNEL 19 TV CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.