Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 47,821
Males: 22,864 (47.8%), Females: 24,957 (52.2%)
Median resident age: 42.3 years
Median household income: $46,811 (year 2000)
Median house value: $171,500 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Barnstable Town:
- White Non-Hispanic (90.8%)
- Black (2.7%)
- Two or more races (2.3%)
- Hispanic (1.7%)
- Other race (1.7%)
- American Indian (1.1%)
Ancestries: Irish (28.2%), English (17.7%), Italian (11.1%), German (7.9%), French (6.4%), United States (4.7%).
New! Town, Massachusetts forum
Land area: 60.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Barnstable Town
- High school or higher: 90.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 32.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.9%
- Unemployed: 4.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Barnstable Town city
- Never married: 22.6%
- Now married: 57.3%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 7.6%
- Divorced: 11.2%
6.9% Foreign born (2.9% Latin America, 2.3% Europe, 0.8% Asia, 0.7% North America).
Cod & South Shore - MLS Listed properties and area information - Visit this site! />
Inn - Victorian B&B in Cape Cod's quaint historic district />
Cod Hotels - 70% on Cape Cod Hotels See Photos, Reviews & Maps! />
Flying Broker - - Hamptons, Nantucket, Martha's, Cape Cod, Newport & CT />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MA Plymouth, (29.7 miles pop. 51,701).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (68.2 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (253.7 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Sandwich, MA (7.3 miles East Yarmouth, MA West (7.4 miles Neck, MA (8.4 miles Mashpee MA (8.9 miles Mashpee, Popponesset Island, MA (9.0 miles) , MA Yarmouth, (9.1 miles Port, MA (9.6 miles Yarmouth MA (9.7 miles Popponesset,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2003: 114 buildings, average cost: $265,000
- 2004: 99 buildings, average cost: $304,500
- 2005: 128 buildings, average cost: $309,800
Latitude: 41.66 N, Longitude: 70.35 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (23.6%), Retail trade (14.7%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (12.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,763 (+5.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 12,147 (54.8%)
Average climate in Barnstable Town, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Barnstable Town:
- CAPE COD HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; HYANNIS, MA)
- REHAB HOSP OF THE CAPE AND ISLANDS (about 8 miles; EAST SANDWICH, MA)
- CAPE COD & ISLANDS MENTAL HLTH CTR (about 19 miles; POCASSET, MA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Barnstable Town:
- BARNSTABLE MUNI-BOARDMAN/POLANDO FIELD (about 6 miles; HYANNIS, MA; ID: HYA)
- MARTHAS VINEYARD (about 26 miles; VINEYARD HAVEN, MA; ID: MVY)
- NANTUCKET MEMORIAL (about 36 miles; NANTUCKET, MA; ID: ACK)
Other public-use airports nearest to Barnstable Town:
- CAPE COD (about 4 miles; MARSTON MILLS, MA; ID: 2B1)
- OTIS ANGB (about 12 miles; FALMOUTH, MA; ID: FMH)
- FALMOUTH AIRPARK (about 14 miles; FALMOUTH, MA; ID: 5B6)
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Elementary and Secondary - Instruction ||945 ||$3,195,968 ||$40,583 ||0 ||$0 |
|Elementary and Secondary - Other Total ||200 ||$540,104 ||$32,406 ||36 ||$33,289 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Barnstable Town:
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS-DARTMOUTH (about 45 miles; NORTH DARTMOUTH, MA; Full-time enrollment: 6,071)
- BRIDGEWATER STATE COLLEGE (about 49 miles; BRIDGEWATER, MA; FT enrollment: 6,843)
- MASSASOIT COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 54 miles; BROCKTON, MA; FT enrollment: 4,161)
- BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 55 miles; FALL RIVER, MA; FT enrollment: 3,497)
- STONEHILL COLLEGE (about 58 miles; EASTON, MA; FT enrollment: 2,374)
- QUINCY COLLEGE (about 61 miles; QUINCY, MA; FT enrollment: 2,528)
- BABSON COLLEGE (about 63 miles; WELLESLEY, MA; FT enrollment: 2,659)
Notable locations in Barnstable Town: Maraspin Creek Entrance Light (A), Barnstable County Fairgrounds (B), Barnstable Municipal Airport Aero Light (C), Beach Point Light (D), Benjamin Marstons Mill Site (E), Yarmouth Campgrounds (F), Capetown Plaza (G), Sturgis Library (H), Old Parsonage (I), Barnstable County Court House (J), Sandy Neck Light (K), West Barnstable Station (L), Mary Lincoln House (M), Donald G Trayer Museum (N), Crocker Tavern (O).
Shopping Centers: Airport Shopping Center (1), All Cape Shopping Center Picture Pond Plaza (2), Cape Cod Mall (3), Capetown Shopping Center (4), Centerville Shopping Center (5).
Churches in Barnstable Town include: West Parrish Church (A), South Congregational Church (B), Saint Marys Church (C), Saint Judes Chapel (D), Saint Francis Xavier Church (E), Osterville Baptist Church (F), Assembleia De Deus (G).
Cemeteries: Crocker Cemetery (1), Saint Francis Xaviers Cemetery (2), Beechwood Cemetery (3), East Barnstable Cemetery (4), Hillside Cemetery (5), Lothrop Hill Cemetery (6), Oak Grove Cemetery (7).
Lakes and swamps: Aunt Bettys Pond (A), Joshua Pond (B), Little Pond (C), Mary Dunn Pond (D), Flintrock Pond (E), Flax Pond (F), Round Pond (G), Rushy Marsh Pond (H).
Rivers and creeks: Spring Creek (A), Little River (B), Maraspin Creek (C), Herring River (D), Eel Creek (E), Bass Creek (F), Centerville River (G), Rendezvous Creek (H), Scorton Creek (I).
Parks in Barnstable Town include: Kennedy Compound (1), Town of Barnstable Public Lands (2), Kalmus Park Beach (3), Sampsons Island Sanctuary (4), John F Kennedy Memorial (5), Veterans Memorial Park (6), Lowell Park (7), Bodfish Park (8).
Beaches: Kalmas Park Beach (A), Kalmus Park Beach (B), Veterans Park Beach (C), Wianno Beach (D), Keyes Memorial Beach (E), Lewis Bay Beach (F), Dowses Beach (G).
Post office: (A).
Barnstable Town compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Barnstable Town:
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WBUR (1240 AM; 1 kW; WEST YARMOUTH, MA; Owner: THE EXEC. COMM. OF TRTS. BOSTON U)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WPLM (1390 AM; 5 kW; PLYMOUTH, MA; Owner: PLYMOUTH ROCK BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Barnstable Town:
- WPXC (102.9 FM; HYANNIS, MA; Owner: QANTUM OF CAPE COD LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WQRC (99.9 FM; BARNSTABLE, MA; Owner: SANDAB COMMUNICATION LTD. PNR/SHP II)
- WKKL (90.7 FM; WEST BARNSTABLE, MA; Owner: CAPE COD COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WXTK (95.1 FM; WEST YARMOUTH, MA; Owner: BOCH BROADCASTING LTD. PARTNERSHIP)
- WCOD-FM (106.1 FM; HYANNIS, MA; Owner: BOCH BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- WCIB (101.9 FM; FALMOUTH, MA; Owner: QANTUM OF CAPE COD LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WOCN-FM (103.9 FM; SOUTH YARMOUTH, MA; Owner: SANDAB COMMUNICATIONS LTD. PARTNERSHIP II)
- WSDH (91.5 FM; SANDWICH, MA; Owner: SANDWICH MASS. PUBLIC SCHOOLS)
- WTWV (101.1 FM; MASHPEE, MA; Owner: BOCH BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- WKPE-FM (104.7 FM; ORLEANS, MA; Owner: CRB WKPE LIC CORP.)
- WFPB-FM (91.9 FM; FALMOUTH, MA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS)
- WMVY (92.7 FM; TISBURY, MA; Owner: ARITAUR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WFCC-FM (107.5 FM; CHATHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER B/CING WFCC LIC. CORP.)
- WDVT (93.5 FM; HARWICH PORT, MA; Owner: BOCH BROADCASTING, L.P.)
TV broadcast stations around Barnstable Town:
- WDPX (Channel 58; VINEYARD HAVEN, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WMPX-LP (Channel 67; DENNIS, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- W08CH (Channel 8; HYANNIS, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.