Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 39,862. Estimated population in July 2005: 39,876 (+0.0% change)
Males: 18,851 (47.3%), Females: 21,011 (52.7%)
Median resident age: 38.3 years
Median household income: $53,984 (year 2000)
Median house value: $224,800 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Beverly:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.8%)
- Hispanic (1.8%)
- Black (1.0%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Other race (0.5%)
Ancestries: Irish (27.4%), English (18.6%), Italian (16.8%), French (8.5%), German (6.3%), French Canadian (4.6%).Massachusetts
Elevation: 26 feet
Land area: 16.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Beverly
- High school or higher: 90.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 36.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 13.2%
- Unemployed: 6.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Beverly city
- Never married: 26.3%
- Now married: 55.0%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 8.6%
- Divorced: 8.3%
5.3% Foreign born (2.7% Europe, 1.0% Latin America, 0.9% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +1,675 (+4.4%).
Inn, Concord MA - B & B 19 miles from Boston Near Walden Pond and Author's Homes />
Hotels - Rockport? Find Deals & Read Hotel Reviews! />
Hotels - Up To 70% On Hotel Rates! Hotels For Less Everyday. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MA Lynn, (8.1 miles pop. 89,050).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (22.1 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (245.3 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: MA Salem, (3.4 miles MA Marblehead, (4.5 miles MA (4.7 miles Danvers, MA (6.2 miles Peabody, MA (6.3 miles Swampscott, .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 53 buildings, average cost: $217,200
- 1997: 55 buildings, average cost: $216,700
- 1998: 59 buildings, average cost: $216,800
- 1999: 58 buildings, average cost: $216,800
- 2000: 56 buildings, average cost: $216,800
- 2001: 52 buildings, average cost: $216,800
- 2002: 53 buildings, average cost: $216,800
- 2003: 46 buildings, average cost: $216,800
- 2004: 48 buildings, average cost: $216,800
- 2005: 48 buildings, average cost: $216,800
Latitude: 42.56 N, Longitude: 70.88 W
Area codes: 978, 508
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (23.8%), Manufacturing (13.3%), Retail trade (12.2%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (12.0%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -167 (-0.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 6,341 (31.1%)
Crime in Beverly by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||1 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||2.5 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||0 ||10 ||8 ||6 ||7 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||25.1 ||20.1 ||15.1 ||17.6 |
|Robberies ||11 ||7 ||15 ||5 ||12 |
| per 100,000 ||27.6 ||17.6 ||37.6 ||12.5 ||30.1 |
|Assaults ||14 ||73 ||90 ||76 ||44 |
| per 100,000 ||35.1 ||183.1 ||225.8 ||190.7 ||110.4 |
|Burglaries ||275 ||113 ||139 ||98 ||125 |
| per 100,000 ||689.9 ||283.5 ||348.7 ||245.8 ||313.6 |
|Thefts ||340 ||496 ||554 ||443 ||466 |
| per 100,000 ||852.9 ||1244.3 ||1389.8 ||1111.3 ||1169.0 |
|Auto thefts ||66 ||46 ||47 ||32 ||29 |
| per 100,000 ||165.6 ||115.4 ||117.9 ||80.3 ||72.8 |
| ||111.0 ||133.3 ||153.9 ||116.0 ||112.7 |
Average climate in Beverly, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Beverly-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Massachusetts state average. It is 45% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/29/1974, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 22.7 miles away from the Beverly city center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 6/9/1953, a category 3 tornado 29.0 miles away from the city center injured 5 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Pete Walker - 2005 Major League Baseball player (Toronto Blue Jays, born: Apr 8, 1969), Armado Cuko - College football player (Massachusetts Minutemen), Jermaine Anderson - College basketball player (New Hampshire Wildcats).
Main business address for: AXCELIS TECHNOLOGIES INC (SPECIAL INDUSTRY MACHINERY, NEC), BEVERLY NATIONAL CORP (NATIONAL COMMERCIAL BANKS).
Hospital/medical center in Beverly:
- BEVERLY HOSPITAL (HERRICK & HEATHER STS)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Beverly:
- SALEM HOSPITAL CORPORATION,THE (about 4 miles; SALEM, MA)
- SHAUGHNESSY-KAPLAN REHAB HOSP HOSP (about 4 miles; SALEM, MA)
- LAWRENCE GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; LAWRENCE, MA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Beverly:
- GENERAL EDWARD LAWRENCE LOGAN INTL (about 17 miles; BOSTON, MA; ID: BOS)
- LAURENCE G HANSCOM FLD (about 29 miles; BEDFORD, MA; ID: BED)
- PEASE INTERNATIONAL TRADEPORT (about 35 miles; PORTSMOUTH, NH; ID: PSM)
Other public-use airports nearest to Beverly:
- BEVERLY MUNI (about 3 miles; BEVERLY, MA; ID: BVY)
- PLUM ISLAND (about 16 miles; NEWBURYPORT, MA; ID: 2B2)
- LAWRENCE MUNI (about 20 miles; LAWRENCE, MA; ID: LWM)
Amtrak stations near Beverly:
- 19 miles: BOSTON, NORTH STATION (BOSTON, 126 CAUSEWAY ST.). Services: ticket office, enclosed waiting area.
- 19 miles: WOBURN (100 ATLANTIC AVE.). Services: ticket office.
- 20 miles: BOSTON (SO. STA) (BOSTON, ATLANTIC AVE. & SUMMER ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities and snack bar, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2004)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Elementary and Secondary - Other Total ||49 ||$165,736 ||$40,588 ||187 ||$376,828 |
|Elementary and Secondary - Instruction ||503 ||$1,922,764 ||$45,871 ||98 ||$150,613 | Colleges/Universities in Beverly:
- ENDICOTT COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 1,504; Location: 376 HALE ST; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.endicott.edu; Offers Master's degree)
- MONTSERRAT COLLEGE OF ART (FT enrollment: 376; Location: 23 ESSEX ST; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.montserrat.edu)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Beverly:
- SALEM STATE COLLEGE (about 4 miles; SALEM, MA; Full-time enrollment: 5,917)
- NORTH SHORE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 5 miles; DANVERS, MA; FT enrollment: 3,663)
- BUNKER HILL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 19 miles; BOSTON, MA; FT enrollment: 3,638)
- MERRIMACK COLLEGE (about 19 miles; NORTH ANDOVER, MA; FT enrollment: 2,384)
- TUFTS UNIVERSITY (about 19 miles; MEDFORD, MA; FT enrollment: 8,627)
- SUFFOLK UNIVERSITY (about 20 miles; BOSTON, MA; FT enrollment: 5,291)
- EMERSON COLLEGE (about 20 miles; Boston, MA; FT enrollment: 3,697)
Public high school in Beverly:
- BEVERLY HIGH (Students: 1,325; Location: 100 SOHIER RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high schools in Beverly:
- THE WARING SCHOOL (Students: 128; Location: 35 STANDLEY STREET; Grades: 6 - 12)
- ESSEX CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 36; Location: 9 HART ST; Grades: 9 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Beverly:
- BRISCOE MIDDLE (Students: 568; Location: 7 SOHIER RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- MEMORIAL MIDDLE (Students: 517; Location: 502 CABOT STREET; Grades: 06 - 08)
- AYERS/RYAL SIDE SCH (Students: 427; Location: 40 WOODLAND AVENUE; Grades: KG - 05)
- COVE ELEMENTARY (Students: 426; Location: 20 EISENHOWER AVENUE; Grades: KG - 05)
- NORTH BEVERLY ELEMENTARY (Students: 345; Location: 48 PUTNAM STREET; Grades: KG - 05)
- CENTERVILLE ELEMENTARY (Students: 331; Location: 17 HULL STREET; Grades: KG - 05)
- HANNAH ELEMENTARY (Students: 311; Location: R41 BRIMBAL AVENUE; Grades: KG - 05)
- MCKEOWN ELEMENTARY (Students: 307; Location: 70 BALCH STREET; Grades: PK - 05)
- CARLTON (Students: 131; Location: 45 RANTOUL STREET; Grades: KG - 05)
Biggest private primary/middle schools in Beverly:
- SHORE COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL (Students: 438; Location: 545 CABOT ST; Grades: KG - 9)
- ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST (Students: 288; Location: 111 NEW BALCH ST; Grades: PK - 8)
- ST MARY STAR OF SEA ELEM SCH (Students: 256; Location: 13 CHAPMAN STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
- GLEN URQUHART SCHOOL (Students: 224; Location: 74 HART STREET; Grades: KG - 8)
- HARBORLIGHT MONTESSORI SCHOOL (Students: 211; Location: 243 ESSEX STREET; Grades: PK - 6)
- CAPE ANN WALDORF SCHOOL (Students: 192; Location: 668 HALE ST; Grades: PK - 8)
- COVENANT CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 134; Location: 35 CONANT ST; Grades: KG - 8)
- MRS.ALEXANDERS SCHOOL (Students: 100; Location: 80 LOTHROP STREET; Grades: PK - KG)
- KINDERCARE (Students: 93; Location: 35 BRIMBAL AVENUE; Grades: PK - KG)
- BEVERLY SCHOOL FOR THE DEAF (Students: 55; Location: 6 ECHO AVE; Grades: UG - UG)
Library in Beverly:
- BEVERLY PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $1,412,791; Location: 32 ESSEX ST.; 173,334 books; 1,961 audio materials; 2,211 video materials; 335 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Beverly: YMCA Camp (A), Beverly Depot (B), Beverly Golf and Tennis Club (C), Beverly Plaza (D), Elliot Street Shopping Plaza (E), Fort Pickering Lighthouse (F), Hospital Point Rear Range Light (G), Hose House Number 2 (H), Hale House (I), Beverly City Hall (J), Beverly Community Center (K), Beverly Farms Branch Beverly Public Library (L), Beverly Historical Society Building (M), Beverly Hospital Library (N), Beverly Public Library (O), Cabot House (P), Fitz Memorial Library (Q), Charles W Galloupe Memorial Library (R).
Shopping Centers: Cabot Street Shopping Center (1), Cabot Street Shopping Center / Professional Building (2), Elliott Street Shopping Plaza Shopping Center (3).
Churches in Beverly include: Centerville Church (A), Church in the Cove (B), Dane Street Congregational Church (C), First Assembly of God Church (D), First Baptist Church (E), First Parish Unitarian Church (F), Immanuel Congregation Church (G), Beverly Church of the Nazarene (H).
Cemeteries: Central Cemetery (1), Saint Marys Cemetery (2), Ancient Burying Ground (3), North Beverly Cemetery (4).
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Beaver Pond (A), Kellehers Pond (B), Shoe Pond (C), Norwood Pond (D), Longham Reservoir (E), Beverly Reservoir (F), Chubb Creek Marshes (G).
Rivers and creeks: Bass River (A), Chubb Creek (B).
Parks in Beverly include: Pingree Park (1), Femino Park (2), Cummings Park (3), Harry Ball Field (4), Obear Park (5), Fish Flake Hill Historic District (6), Balch Playground (7), Herling Park (8), Bates Park (9).
Beaches: West Beach (A), Patch Beach (B), Dane Street Beach (C).
Post office: (A).
Beverly compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Beverly:
- WNSH (1570 AM; 5 kW; BEVERLY, MA)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WESX (1230 AM; 1 kW; SALEM, MA; Owner: NORTH SHORE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WROL (950 AM; 5 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WEZE (590 AM; 5 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: NEW ENGLAND CONTINENTAL MEDIA, INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WUNR (1600 AM; 20 kW; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: CHAMPION BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- WILD (1090 AM; daytime; 5 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: RADIO ONE OF BOSTON LICENSES, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Beverly:
- WQSX (93.7 FM; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBOQ (104.9 FM; GLOUCESTER, MA; Owner: MARLIN BROADCASTING, LLC)
- W267AI (101.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: MCC BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WBCN (104.1 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: HEMISPHERE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WZLX (100.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF BOSTON)
- WERS (88.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: EMERSON COLLEGE)
- WBMX (98.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WJMN (94.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WBOS (92.9 FM; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WCRB (102.5 FM; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER BROADCASTING WCRB LICE)
- WTKK (96.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WROR-FM (105.7 FM; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WMWM (91.7 FM; SALEM, MA; Owner: SALEM STATE COLLEGE BD OF TRUSTEES)
- WXRV (92.5 FM; HAVERHILL, MA; Owner: BEANPOT BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WHRB (95.3 FM; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: HARVARD RADIO BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WGBH (89.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WBUR-FM (90.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: TRUSTEES OF BOSTON UNIVERSITY)
- WFNX (101.7 FM; LYNN, MA; Owner: MCC BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Beverly:
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WCVB HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WGBH-TV (Channel 2; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WHDH-TV (Channel 7; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WHDH-TV)
- WTMU-LP (Channel 32; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ZGS BOSTON, INC.)
- WMFP (Channel 62; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: WSAH LICENSE, INC.)
- WCEA-LP (Channel 58; BOSTON, MA; Owner: CHANNEL 19 TV CORPORATION)
- WSBK-TV (Channel 38; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: WLVI, INC.)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WGBX-TV (Channel 44; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WFXZ-CA (Channel 24; BOSTON, MA; Owner: BOSTON BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WFXT (Channel 25; BOSTON, MA; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS INC.)
- WHDN-LP (Channel 26; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GUENTER MARKSTEINER)
- W40BO (Channel 40; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WUTF (Channel 66; MARLBOROUGH, MA; Owner: TELEFUTURA BOSTON LLC)
- WWDP (Channel 46; NORWELL, MA; Owner: NORWELL TELEVISION, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.