Zip Code, Radio Stations, Crime Rate, Population, Weather Forecast, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 22,876. Estimated population in July 2005: 23,299 (+1.8% change)
Males: 11,265 (49.2%), Females: 11,611 (50.8%)
Zip codes: .
Median resident age: 38.3 years
Median household income: $75,240 (year 2000)
Median house value: $244,800 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Burlington:
- White Non-Hispanic (85.8%)
- Asian Indian (6.9%)
- Chinese (2.3%)
- Black (1.4%)
- Hispanic (1.3%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
- Other Asian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Irish (28.9%), Italian (23.5%), English (10.4%), German (4.4%), French Canadian (4.0%), United States (3.9%).Massachusetts
Elevation: 218 feet
Land area: 11.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Burlington
- High school or higher: 92.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 42.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 15.8%
- Unemployed: 2.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Burlington town
- Never married: 23.6%
- Now married: 63.0%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 5.8%
- Divorced: 6.8%
14.9% Foreign born (8.6% Asia, 3.4% Europe).
Furnished Apts - Cambridge Corporate housing Walk to Harvard and MIT No Fee />
MA Real Estate - all MLS listings, sales and market reports. Area Photo Tours. />
People Search - Anyone in the U.S. for Free. Search by name. Free. />
City Apartments - for a luxury Apartment? Fully serviced and stylish! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MA (8.7 miles Medford, pop. 55,765).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (14.9 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (224.5 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: MA Burlington, (0.0 miles MA (2.8 miles Pinehurst, MA (3.6 miles Woburn, MA (4.2 miles Wilmington, MA Lexington, (4.7 miles MA (5.4 miles Bedford,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 50 buildings, average cost: $98,600
- 1997: 51 buildings, average cost: $95,500
- 1998: 69 buildings, average cost: $107,000
- 1999: 33 buildings, average cost: $131,100
- 2000: 27 buildings, average cost: $137,400
- 2001: 17 buildings, average cost: $144,500
- 2002: 27 buildings, average cost: $160,400
- 2003: 45 buildings, average cost: $152,500
- 2004: 40 buildings, average cost: $183,400
- 2005: 45 buildings, average cost: $209,200
Latitude: 42.51 N, Longitude: 71.20 W
Area codes: 781, 339
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.3%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (15.1%), Manufacturing (14.6%), Retail trade (14.0%).
Crime in Burlington by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||1 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||4.4 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Robberies ||6 ||10 ||8 ||10 ||8 ||15 |
| per 100,000 ||26.2 ||43.7 ||35.0 ||43.7 ||35.0 ||65.6 |
|Assaults ||6 ||18 ||15 ||11 ||24 ||11 |
| per 100,000 ||26.2 ||78.7 ||65.6 ||48.1 ||104.9 ||48.1 |
|Burglaries ||56 ||111 ||42 ||53 ||83 ||80 |
| per 100,000 ||244.8 ||485.2 ||183.6 ||231.7 ||362.8 ||349.7 |
|Thefts ||720 ||753 ||750 ||789 ||606 ||534 |
| per 100,000 ||3147.4 ||3291.7 ||3278.5 ||3449.0 ||2649.1 ||2334.3 |
|Auto thefts ||67 ||46 ||60 ||58 ||28 ||28 |
| per 100,000 ||292.9 ||201.1 ||262.3 ||253.5 ||122.4 ||122.4 |
| ||181.3 ||210.6 ||188.6 ||197.2 ||172.6 ||156.9 |
Average climate in Burlington, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Burlington-area historical tornado activity is near Massachusetts state average. It is 29% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 26.2 miles away from the Burlington city center killed 90 people and injured 1228 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 9/29/1974, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 6.8 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Main business address for: PALOMAR MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC (ELECTROMEDICAL & ELECTROTHERAPEUTIC APPARATUS), EZENIA INC (COMPUTER COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT), HEALTHGATE DATA CORP (SERVICES-BUSINESS SERVICES, NEC), IBASIS INC (TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS (NO RADIO TELEPHONE)), CIRCOR INTERNATIONAL INC (MISCELLANEOUS FABRICATED METAL PRODUCTS), LIGHTBRIDGE INC (RADIO TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS), BOSTONFED BANCORP INC (SAVINGS INSTITUTION, FEDERALLY CHARTERED), GENSYM CORP (SERVICES-PREPACKAGED SOFTWARE).
Hospital/medical center in Burlington:
Other hospitals/medical centers near Burlington:
- MARY AND ARTHUR CLAPHAM HOSPITAL (41 MALL ROAD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Burlington:
- NEW ENGLAND REHAB HOSP (about 4 miles; WOBURN, MA)
- WINCHESTER HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; WINCHESTER, MA)
- TEWKSBURY HOSP (about 7 miles; TEWKSBURY, MA)
Other public-use airports nearest to Burlington:
- LAURENCE G HANSCOM FLD (about 7 miles; BEDFORD, MA; ID: BED)
- GENERAL EDWARD LAWRENCE LOGAN INTL (about 18 miles; BOSTON, MA; ID: BOS)
- MANCHESTER (about 34 miles; MANCHESTER, NH; ID: MHT)
- MERRIMACK VALLEY (about 14 miles; METHUEN, MA; ID: MA2)
- LAWRENCE MUNI (about 16 miles; LAWRENCE, MA; ID: LWM)
- BEVERLY MUNI (about 22 miles; BEVERLY, MA; ID: BVY)
Amtrak stations near Burlington:
College/University in Burlington:
- 5 miles: WOBURN (100 ATLANTIC AVE.). Services: ticket office.
- 14 miles: BOSTON, NORTH STATION (BOSTON, 126 CAUSEWAY ST.). Services: ticket office, enclosed waiting area.
- 14 miles: BACK BAY (BOSTON, 145 DARTMOUTH ST.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Burlington:
- GEORGE W GOULD INSTITTUTE (Location: ONE WALL ST; Private, not-for-profit)
Private high school in Burlington:
- MIDDLESEX COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 6 miles; BEDFORD, MA; Full-time enrollment: 4,501)
- BENTLEY COLLEGE (about 8 miles; WALTHAM, MA; FT enrollment: 4,651)
- TUFTS UNIVERSITY (about 9 miles; MEDFORD, MA; FT enrollment: 8,627)
- HARVARD UNIVERSITY (about 11 miles; CAMBRIDGE, MA; FT enrollment: 20,531)
- LESLEY UNIVERSITY (about 11 miles; CAMBRIDGE, MA; FT enrollment: 3,700)
- MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 12 miles; CAMBRIDGE, MA; FT enrollment: 9,895)
- BOSTON COLLEGE (about 13 miles; CHESTNUT HILL, MA; FT enrollment: 13,341)
Public primary/middle schools in Burlington:
- OPEN BIBLE ACADEMY (Students: 79; Location: WINN AND WYMAN ST; Grades: KG - 12)
Private primary/middle schools in Burlington:
- BURLINGTON HIGH (Students: 928; Location: CAMBRIDGE STREET; Grades: PK - 12)
- MARSHALL SIMONDS MIDDLE (Students: 865; Location: 114 WINN STREET; Grades: 06 - 08)
- FRANCIS WYMAN ELEM (Students: 534; Location: 41 TERRRACE HALL AVENUE; Grades: PK - 05)
- FOX HILL (Students: 512; Location: FOX HILL RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- PINE GLEN ELEMENTARY (Students: 392; Location: WILMINGTON RD; Grades: PK - 05)
- MEMORIAL (Students: 255; Location: WINN STREET; Grades: KG - 05)
Library in Burlington:
- MULBERRY CHILD CARE CTR PRSCH (Students: 107; Location: 18 RAY AVENUE; Grades: PK - KG)
- TENDER LEARNING CENTRE (Students: 15; Location: 87 SECOND AVENUE; Grades: KG - KG)
- BURLINGTON PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $807,604; Location: 22 SEARS STREET; 76,445 books; 4,705 audio materials; 4,031 video materials; 197 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Burlington: New England Executive Park (A), Northeast Executive Park (B), Northwest Industrial Park (C), The Marketplace (D), Burlington Industrial Center (E), Burlington Woods Office Park (F), Burlington Public Library (G), Burlington Town Hall (H), Cattell Memorial Library (I).
Shopping Centers: Almys-First National Shopping Center (1), Middlesex Mall Shopping Center (2), Burlington Mall Shopping Center (3), Burlington Plaza Shopping Center (4), Cross Roads Shopping Center (5).
Churches in Burlington include: Burlington Church of Christ (A), United Church of Christ Congregational Church (B), Temple Shalom Emeth (C), Saint Marks Episcopal Church (D), Saint Margarets Church (E), Saint Malachys Church (F), First Baptist Church in Woburn (G), Presbyterian Church of Burlington (H).
Cemetery: Chestnut Hill Cemetery (1).
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Butterfield Pond (A), Tannery Pond (B), Mill Pond (C), Long Meadow Swamp (D).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Long Meadow Brook (A), Sandy Brook (B).
Parks in Burlington include: Rahanis Park (1), Well Field (2), Burlington Town Common (3), Rotary Field (4), Simonds Park (5), Veterans Memorial Park (6), Marvin Field (7).
Post office: (A).
Burlington compared to Massachusetts state average:
Strongest AM radio stations in Burlington:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest FM radio stations in Burlington:
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WBPS (1150 AM; 5 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF BOSTON LICENSEE, L.L.C.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEZE (590 AM; 5 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: NEW ENGLAND CONTINENTAL MEDIA, INC.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WNTN (1550 AM; 10 kW; NEWTON, MA; Owner: COLT COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WUNR (1600 AM; 20 kW; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: CHAMPION BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WILD (1090 AM; daytime; 5 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: RADIO ONE OF BOSTON LICENSES, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Burlington:
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WBMX (98.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WJMN (94.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCRB (102.5 FM; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER BROADCASTING WCRB LICE)
- WTKK (96.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WROR-FM (105.7 FM; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBOS (92.9 FM; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WGBH (89.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WBUR-FM (90.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: TRUSTEES OF BOSTON UNIVERSITY)
- WKLB-FM (99.5 FM; LOWELL, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WODS (103.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- W227AM (93.3 FM; ANDOVER, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBCN (104.1 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: HEMISPHERE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WZLX (100.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF BOSTON)
- WFNX (101.7 FM; LYNN, MA; Owner: MCC BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- W267AI (101.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: MCC BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WERS (88.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: EMERSON COLLEGE)
- WQSX (93.7 FM; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WHRB (95.3 FM; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: HARVARD RADIO BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WCVB HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WGBH-TV (Channel 2; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WHDH-TV (Channel 7; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WHDH-TV)
- WMFP (Channel 62; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: WSAH LICENSE, INC.)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WGBX-TV (Channel 44; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WSBK-TV (Channel 38; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: WLVI, INC.)
- WFXT (Channel 25; BOSTON, MA; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS INC.)
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- W40BO (Channel 40; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WTMU-LP (Channel 32; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ZGS BOSTON, INC.)
- WCEA-LP (Channel 58; BOSTON, MA; Owner: CHANNEL 19 TV CORPORATION)
- WFXZ-CA (Channel 24; BOSTON, MA; Owner: BOSTON BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WUTF (Channel 66; MARLBOROUGH, MA; Owner: TELEFUTURA BOSTON LLC)
- WUNI (Channel 27; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WWDP (Channel 46; NORWELL, MA; Owner: NORWELL TELEVISION, LLC)
- WNDS (Channel 50; DERRY, NH; Owner: CTV OF DERRY, INC)
- WHDN-LP (Channel 26; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GUENTER MARKSTEINER)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.