Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 101,355. Estimated population in July 2005: 100,135 (-1.2% change)
Males: 49,674 (49.0%), Females: 51,681 (51.0%)
Zip codes: .
Median resident age: 30.4 years
Median household income: $47,979 (year 2000)
Median house value: $398,500 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Cambridge:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (64.6%)
- Black (11.9%)
- Hispanic (7.4%)
- Chinese (4.8%)
- Two or more races (4.6%)
- Other race (3.2%)
- Asian Indian (2.7%)
- Korean (1.9%)
- Other Asian (1.1%)
- Japanese (0.9%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
Ancestries: Irish (13.3%), English (9.2%), German (7.9%), Italian (7.5%), West Indian (5.1%), Russian (3.8%).Massachusetts forum
Land area: 6.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Cambridge
- High school or higher: 89.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 65.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 38.5%
- Unemployed: 6.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cambridge city
- Never married: 52.4%
- Now married: 34.7%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 3.8%
- Divorced: 7.3%
25.9% Foreign born (9.1% Asia, 7.3% Latin America, 6.5% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +5,503 (+5.7%).
Real Estate - A Complete List of Homes. Search for Homes in Massachusetts. />
City Apartments - for a luxury Apartment? Fully serviced and stylish! />
Apartments - through thousands of no fee apartments in the Boston area. />
Real Estate Licenses - Courses for $ 199.00 Our test results say it all. />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (3.9 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (224.8 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: MA Somerville, (1.3 miles MA (3.2 miles Medford, MA Brookline, (3.4 miles MA Boston, (3.9 miles MA (4.6 miles Belmont, MA (4.7 miles Everett,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 7 buildings, average cost: $72,300
- 1997: 0 buildings
- 1998: 2 buildings, average cost: $893,500
- 1999: 11 buildings, average cost: $454,100
- 2000: 13 buildings, average cost: $306,800
- 2001: 16 buildings, average cost: $183,100
- 2002: 45 buildings, average cost: $135,500
- 2003: 22 buildings, average cost: $776,300
- 2004: 39 buildings, average cost: $285,200
- 2005: 47 buildings, average cost: $383,000
Latitude: 42.37 N, Longitude: 71.11 W
Area codes: 617, 857, 508
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (39.0%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (19.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +59,174 (+58.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 25,554 (46.5%)
Crime in Cambridge by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||2 ||1 ||1 ||6 ||3 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||2.0 ||1.0 ||1.0 ||5.9 ||3.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||23 ||11 ||15 ||11 ||7 ||12 |
| per 100,000 ||22.7 ||10.9 ||14.8 ||10.9 ||6.9 ||11.8 |
|Robberies ||165 ||186 ||181 ||195 ||229 ||245 |
| per 100,000 ||162.8 ||183.5 ||178.6 ||192.4 ||225.9 ||241.7 |
|Assaults ||354 ||322 ||273 ||285 ||274 ||246 |
| per 100,000 ||349.3 ||317.7 ||269.4 ||281.2 ||270.3 ||242.7 |
|Burglaries ||567 ||552 ||688 ||720 ||651 ||724 |
| per 100,000 ||559.4 ||544.6 ||678.8 ||710.4 ||642.3 ||714.3 |
|Thefts ||2,820 ||2,820 ||2,740 ||2,664 ||2,389 ||2,654 |
| per 100,000 ||2782.3 ||2782.3 ||2703.4 ||2628.4 ||2357.1 ||2618.5 |
|Auto thefts ||431 ||498 ||518 ||425 ||410 ||438 |
| per 100,000 ||425.2 ||491.3 ||511.1 ||419.3 ||404.5 ||432.1 |
| ||314.2 ||312.6 ||310.9 ||312.6 ||299.2 ||315.1 |
Average climate in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Cambridge-area historical tornado activity is near Massachusetts state average. It is 36% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 28.6 miles away from the Cambridge city center killed 90 people and injured 1228 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 9/29/1974, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 17.7 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Anne McCaffrey - (born 1926), fantasy author, Charles Peirce, E. E. Cummings, James Russell Lowell - (1819-1891), writer, Matt Damon - (born 1970), actor, Ted Rall - (born 1963), political cartoonist., Brad Norton - NHL player (Los Angeles Kings, born: Feb 13, 1975), Fred Allen - (1894-1956), comedian, Leroy Anderson - (1908-1975), composer, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr..
Main business address for: SAPIENT CORP (SERVICES-COMPUTER INTEGRATED SYSTEMS DESIGN), ARIAD PHARMACEUTICALS INC (BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS (NO DIAGNOSTIC SUBSTANCES)), ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. (PHARMACEUTICAL PREPARATIONS), FORRESTER RESEARCH INC (SERVICES-ENGINEERING, ACCOUNTING, RESEARCH, MANAGEMENT), ARTISOFT INC (SERVICES-PREPACKAGED SOFTWARE), GENZYME CORP (BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS (NO DIAGNOSTIC SUBSTANCES)), TRANSKARYOTIC THERAPIES INC (BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS (NO DIAGNOSTIC SUBSTANCES)), CURIS INC (BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS (NO DIAGNOSTIC SUBSTANCES)) and 22 other public companies.
Hospitals/medical centers in Cambridge:
- CAMBRIDGE HOSPITAL (1493 CAMBRIDGE ST)
- MT AUBURN HOSP (330 MT AUBURN ST)
- STILLMAN INFIRMARY-HARVARD UNIV (75 MOUNT AUBURN STREET)
- YOUVILLE REHAB CHRONIC DISEASE HOSP (1575 CAMBRIDGE ST)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Cambridge:
- GENERAL EDWARD LAWRENCE LOGAN INTL (about 8 miles; BOSTON, MA; ID: BOS)
- LAURENCE G HANSCOM FLD (about 14 miles; BEDFORD, MA; ID: BED)
- MANCHESTER (about 45 miles; MANCHESTER, NH; ID: MHT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Cambridge:
- NORWOOD MEMORIAL (about 14 miles; NORWOOD, MA; ID: OWD)
- BEVERLY MUNI (about 21 miles; BEVERLY, MA; ID: BVY)
- MERRIMACK VALLEY (about 24 miles; METHUEN, MA; ID: MA2)
Amtrak stations near Cambridge:
- 3 miles: BACK BAY (BOSTON, 145 DARTMOUTH ST.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 4 miles: BOSTON, NORTH STATION (BOSTON, 126 CAUSEWAY ST.). Services: ticket office, enclosed waiting area.
- 5 miles: BOSTON (SO. STA) (BOSTON, ATLANTIC AVE. & SUMMER ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities and snack bar, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2004)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Elementary and Secondary - Other Total ||304 ||$951,208 ||$37,547 ||115 ||$88,972 |
|Elementary and Secondary - Instruction ||1063 ||$4,710,690 ||$53,178 ||177 ||$132,144 | Colleges/Universities in Cambridge:
- HARVARD UNIVERSITY (Full-time enrollment: 20,531; Location: MASSACHUSETTS HALL; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.harvard.edu/; Offers Doctor's degree)
- MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (FT enrollment: 9,895; Location: 77 MASSACHUSETTS AVE; Private, not-for-profit; Website: web.mit.edu/; Offers Doctor's degree)
- LESLEY UNIVERSITY (FT enrollment: 3,700; Location: 29 EVERETT ST; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.lesley.edu; Offers Doctor's degree)
- CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE (FT enrollment: 1,724; Location: 1000 MASSACHUSETTS AVE; Private, not-for-profit; Website: WWW.CAMBRIDGE.EDU; Offers Master's degree)
- WESTON JESUIT SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY (FT enrollment: 156; Location: 3 PHILLIPS PL; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.wjst.edu; Offers Doctor's degree)
- LONGY SCHOOL OF MUSIC (FT enrollment: 147; Location: ONE FOLLEN ST; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.longy.edu; Offers Master's degree)
- MUSCULAR THERAPY INSTITUTE (FT enrollment: 98; Location: 122 RINDGE AVE; Private, for-profit; Website: www.mtinstitute.com)
- EPISCOPAL DIVINITY SCHOOL (FT enrollment: 74; Location: 99 BRATTLE ST; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.episdivschool.org; Offers Doctor's degree)
- HARCOURT LEARNING DIRECT (Location: 43 Thorndike Street, Bulfinch Square; Private, for-profit; Website: www.harcourt-learning.com)
- COMPUTER PROCESSING INSTITUTE (Location: 615 MASSACHUSETTS AVE; Private, for-profit)
- TRAVEL EDUCATION CENTER (Location: 100 CAMBRIDGE PK DR; Private, for-profit; Website: WWW.TRAVELEDUCATION.COM)
- HARCOURT LEARNING DIRECT CENTER FOR DEGREE STUDIES (Location: 43 Thorndike Street, Bulfinch Square; Private, for-profit; Website: www.harcourt-learning.com)
- LINCOLN INSTITUTE OF LAND POLICY (Location: 113 BRATTLE ST; Private, not-for-profit)
- THE CAMBRIDGE SCHOOL OF CULINARY ARTS (Location: 2020 MASSACHUSETTS AVE; Private, for-profit)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Cambridge:
- BOSTON UNIVERSITY (about 2 miles; BOSTON, MA; Full-time enrollment: 25,110)
- BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC (about 2 miles; BOSTON, MA; FT enrollment: 3,122)
- NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY (about 3 miles; BOSTON, MA; FT enrollment: 19,294)
- WENTWORTH INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 3 miles; BOSTON, MA; FT enrollment: 2,732)
- SIMMONS COLLEGE (about 3 miles; BOSTON, MA; FT enrollment: 2,386)
- EMERSON COLLEGE (about 4 miles; Boston, MA; FT enrollment: 3,697)
- TUFTS UNIVERSITY (about 4 miles; MEDFORD, MA; FT enrollment: 8,627)
Public high school in Cambridge:
- CAMBRIDGE RINDGE AND LATIN (Students: 1,883; Location: 459 BROADWAY; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high schools in Cambridge:
- BUCKINGHAM BROWNE NICHOLS SCHO (Students: 949; Location: 80 GERRYS LANDING ROAD; Grades: PK - 12)
- MATIGON HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 550; Location: 1 MATIGON RD; Grades: 9 - 12)
- NORTH CAMBRIDGE CATHOLIC HIGH (Students: 230; Location: 40 NORRIS STREET; Grades: 9 - 12)
- JAMES F. FARR ACADEMY (Students: 33; Location: 71 PEARL STREET; Grades: 11 - 12)
- CASTLE SCHOOL (Students: 10; Location: 298 HARVARD ST; Grades: 9 - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Cambridge:
- KING OPEN (Students: 570; Location: 850 CAMBRIDGE STREET; Grades: KG - 08)
- PEABODY (Students: 549; Location: 70 RINDGE AVENUE; Grades: PK - 09)
- KENNEDY-LONGFELLOW (Students: 449; Location: 158 SPRING STREET; Grades: PK - 09)
- MORSE (Students: 440; Location: 40 GRANITE STREET; Grades: PK - 08)
- GRAHAM AND PARKS (Students: 423; Location: 44 LINNAEAN STREET; Grades: KG - 08)
- JOHN M TOBIN (Students: 414; Location: 197 VASSAL LANE; Grades: PK - 08)
- MARIA L. BALDWIN (Students: 382; Location: 28 SACRAMENTO STREET; Grades: KG - 09)
- CAMBRIDGEPORT (Students: 331; Location: 89 ELM STREET; Grades: KG - 08)
- BENJAMIN BANNEKER CHARTER SCHOOL (Students: 329; Location: 21 NOTRE DAME AVENUE; Grades: KG - 08)
- AMIGOS SCHOOL (Students: 299; Location: 100 PUTNAM AVENUE; Grades: KG - 08)
Private primary/middle schools in Cambridge:
- SHADY HILL SCHOOL (Students: 493; Location: 178 COOLIDGE HILL; Grades: PK - 8)
- CAMBRIDGE FRIENDS SCHOOL (Students: 282; Location: 5 CADBURY ROAD; Grades: PK - 8)
- CAMBRIDGE MONTESSORI SCHOOL IN (Students: 259; Location: 161 GARDEN STREET; Grades: PK - 6)
- ST PETER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 234; Location: 96 CONCORD AVENUE; Grades: PK - 8)
- FAYERWEATHER STREET SCHOOL (Students: 151; Location: 765 CONCORD AVER STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
- THE HENRY BUCKNER SCHOOL (Students: 66; Location: 85 BISHOP RICHARD ALLEN DRIVE; Grades: PK - 1)
- BOSTON ARCHDIOCESAN CHOIR SCH (Students: 58; Location: 29 MOUNT AUBURN STREET; Grades: 5 - 8; Boys only)
- MULBERRY CHILD CARE CENTER (Students: 25; Location: 600 MEMORIAL DRIVE; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in Cambridge:
- CAMBRIDGE PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $3,885,065; Location: 449 BROADWAY; 364,548 books; 16,023 audio materials; 5,586 video materials; 843 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Cambridge: Acorn Office Park (A), Alumni Swimming Pool (B), Porter Square Station (C), Stop amd Shop Center (D), University Park (E), Cambridge Office Park (F), Charlesgate Yacht Club (G), Cutter Square (H), Fresh Pond Golf Course (I), Fresh Pond Municipal Golf Course (J), Gold Star Pool (K), Great Court (L), Harvard Observatory (M), Hoyt Field (N), Holmes Building (O), Holman Building (P), North Cambridge Senior Center (Q), Clark Building (R), Eliot House (S), Hollis Building (T).
Shopping Centers: Porter Square Shopping Center (1), The Atrium Shopping Center (2), Cambridgeside Galleria Shopping Center (3), Central Plaza Shopping Center (4), Central Square Mall Shopping Center (5), Fresh Pond Mall Shopping Center (6), Fresh Pond Shopping Center (7).
Churches in Cambridge include: Western Avenue Baptist Church (A), Massachusetts Institute of Technology Chapel (B), Cambridgeport Baptist Church (C), Massachusetts Avenue Baptist Church (D), Transcendental Meditation Center (E), Christ Church (F), Christ Episcopal Church (G), Christian Life Center (H).
Cemeteries: Cambridge Cemetery (1), North Cambridge Catholic Cemetery (2), Burial Hill Cemetery (3), Old Burying Ground (4).
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Jerrys Pond (A), Blacks Nook (B), Lily Pond (C), Little Fresh Pond (D), Fresh Pond (E), Charles River Basin (F), Perch Pond (G), Salt Marsh (H).
Rivers: Little River (A), Millers River (B).
Parks in Cambridge include: Saint Peters Field (1), Morse School Playground (2), Sheridan Square (3), John A Ahern Field (4), Lusitania Field (5), Library Park (6), Charles Park (7), Alden Play Area (8), Sacrament Field (9).
Beach: Magazine Beach (A).
Post office: (A).
Cambridge compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- Number of college students above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Cambridge:
- WEZE (590 AM; 5 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: NEW ENGLAND CONTINENTAL MEDIA, INC.)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WILD (1090 AM; daytime; 5 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: RADIO ONE OF BOSTON LICENSES, LLC)
- WXKS (1430 AM; 5 kW; EVERETT, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WUNR (1600 AM; 20 kW; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: CHAMPION BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNTN (1550 AM; 10 kW; NEWTON, MA; Owner: COLT COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WBPS (1150 AM; 5 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF BOSTON LICENSEE, L.L.C.)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Cambridge:
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBCN (104.1 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: HEMISPHERE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WZLX (100.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF BOSTON)
- WERS (88.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: EMERSON COLLEGE)
- W267AI (101.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: MCC BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WMBR (88.1 FM; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: TECHNOLOGY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHRB (95.3 FM; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: HARVARD RADIO BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WFNX (101.7 FM; LYNN, MA; Owner: MCC BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WBMX (98.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WBOS (92.9 FM; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WJMN (94.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCRB (102.5 FM; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER BROADCASTING WCRB LICE)
- WTKK (96.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WROR-FM (105.7 FM; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBUR-FM (90.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: TRUSTEES OF BOSTON UNIVERSITY)
- WGBH (89.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WODS (103.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMFO (91.5 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: TUFTS UNIVERSITY)
- WZBC (90.3 FM; NEWTON, MA; Owner: TRUSTEES OF BOSTON COLLEGE)
TV broadcast stations around Cambridge:
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WTMU-LP (Channel 32; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ZGS BOSTON, INC.)
- WCEA-LP (Channel 58; BOSTON, MA; Owner: CHANNEL 19 TV CORPORATION)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WCVB HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WHDH-TV (Channel 7; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WHDH-TV)
- WGBH-TV (Channel 2; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WMFP (Channel 62; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: WSAH LICENSE, INC.)
- WSBK-TV (Channel 38; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: WLVI, INC.)
- WFXT (Channel 25; BOSTON, MA; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS INC.)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WGBX-TV (Channel 44; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- W40BO (Channel 40; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WUTF (Channel 66; MARLBOROUGH, MA; Owner: TELEFUTURA BOSTON LLC)
- WWDP (Channel 46; NORWELL, MA; Owner: NORWELL TELEVISION, LLC)
- WFXZ-CA (Channel 24; BOSTON, MA; Owner: BOSTON BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WUNI (Channel 27; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WLNE-TV (Channel 6; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: FREEDOM BROADCASTING OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND, INC.)
- WPRI-TV (Channel 12; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: TVL BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- WNAC-TV (Channel 64; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: WNAC, LLC)
- WJAR (Channel 10; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: OUTLET BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSBE-TV (Channel 36; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: RHODE ISLAND PUBLIC TELECOM. AUTHORITY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.