Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 66,910. Estimated population in July 2005: 65,060 (-2.8% change)
Males: 31,942 (47.7%), Females: 34,968 (52.3%)
Zip codes: .
Median resident age: 36.2 years
Median household income: $54,288 (year 2000)
Median house value: $216,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Framingham:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (75.2%)
- Hispanic (10.9%)
- Other race (6.3%)
- Black (5.1%)
- Two or more races (3.4%)
- Asian Indian (2.2%)
- Chinese (1.8%)
- American Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: Irish (18.9%), Italian (13.5%), English (8.8%), German (5.9%), United States (4.2%), Russian (4.1%).
New! Massachusetts forum
Elevation: 165 feet
Land area: 25.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Framingham
- High school or higher: 87.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 42.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 17.0%
- Unemployed: 3.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Framingham town
- Never married: 30.5%
- Now married: 52.5%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 6.3%
- Divorced: 8.6%
21.1% Foreign born (10.9% Latin America, 4.7% Asia, 3.4% Europe).
Inn, Concord MA - B & B 19 miles from Boston Near Walden Pond and Author's Homes /> Massachusetts. />
Apartments - through thousands of no fee apartments in the Boston area. />
Bankruptcy - bills! Free debt review by Massachusetts bankruptcy lawyer />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (23.2 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (203.7 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: MA (0.0 miles Framingham, MA (3.7 miles Ashland, MA (5.0 miles Cochituate, MA (5.4 miles Natick, MA (5.7 miles Sherborn, MA Sudbury, (5.8 miles MA (6.2 miles Wayland, MA (6.8 miles Southborough,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 81 buildings, average cost: $126,800
- 1997: 87 buildings, average cost: $141,200
- 1998: 60 buildings, average cost: $149,800
- 1999: 67 buildings, average cost: $184,300
- 2000: 45 buildings, average cost: $179,300
- 2001: 45 buildings, average cost: $176,300
- 2002: 35 buildings, average cost: $188,000
- 2003: 27 buildings, average cost: $224,600
- 2004: 46 buildings, average cost: $211,700
- 2005: 42 buildings, average cost: $215,300
Latitude: 42.30 N, Longitude: 71.43 W
Area codes: 508, 774
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.2%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (16.3%), Retail trade (12.6%), Manufacturing (11.5%).
Crime in Framingham by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||1 ||0 ||1 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||1.5 ||0.0 ||1.5 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||16 ||18 ||25 ||17 ||10 |
| per 100,000 ||23.9 ||26.9 ||37.4 ||25.4 ||14.9 |
|Robberies ||23 ||29 ||25 ||36 ||42 |
| per 100,000 ||34.4 ||43.3 ||37.4 ||53.8 ||62.8 |
|Assaults ||102 ||119 ||107 ||119 ||107 |
| per 100,000 ||152.4 ||177.9 ||159.9 ||177.9 ||159.9 |
|Burglaries ||470 ||299 ||332 ||305 ||344 |
| per 100,000 ||702.4 ||446.9 ||496.2 ||455.8 ||514.1 |
|Thefts ||774 ||863 ||1,060 ||1,038 ||1,005 |
| per 100,000 ||1156.8 ||1289.8 ||1584.2 ||1551.3 ||1502.0 |
|Auto thefts ||127 ||217 ||226 ||187 ||263 |
| per 100,000 ||189.8 ||324.3 ||337.8 ||279.5 ||393.1 |
| ||161.0 ||169.6 ||183.3 ||179.7 ||184.3 |
Average climate in Framingham, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Framingham-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Massachusetts state average. It is 23% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 6.4 miles away from the Framingham city center killed 90 people and injured 1228 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 10/3/1970, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 19.8 miles away from the city center killed one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Carl Corazzini - NHL player (Boston Bruins, born: Apr 21, 1979), Lou Merloni - 2005 Major League Baseball player (Los Angeles Angels, born: Apr 6, 1971), Mark Sweeney - 2005 Major League Baseball player (San Diego Padres, born: Oct 26, 1969).
Main business address for: ASA INTERNATIONAL LTD (SERVICES-COMPUTER INTEGRATED SYSTEMS DESIGN), PERINI CORP (GENERAL BUILDING CONTRACTORS - NONRESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS), NMS COMMUNICATIONS CORP (TELEPHONE & TELEGRAPH APPARATUS), LIFELINE SYSTEMS INC (RADIO & TV BROADCASTING & COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT), STAPLES INC (RETAIL-MISCELLANEOUS SHOPPING GOODS STORES), GTC BIOTHERAPEUTICS INC (BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS (NO DIAGNOSTIC SUBSTANCES)), TJX COMPANIES INC /DE/ (RETAIL-FAMILY CLOTHING STORES), Lifeline Systems, Inc. (RADIO & TV BROADCASTING & COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT).
Hospital/medical center in Framingham:
- METROWEST MEDICAL CENTER (115 LINCOLN STREET)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Framingham:
- MARLBOROUGH HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; MARLBOROUGH, MA)
- CHARLES RIVER HOSPITAL (about 11 miles; WELLESLEY, MA)
- EMERSON HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; W CONCORD, MA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Framingham:
- LAURENCE G HANSCOM FLD (about 16 miles; BEDFORD, MA; ID: BED)
- GENERAL EDWARD LAWRENCE LOGAN INTL (about 30 miles; BOSTON, MA; ID: BOS)
- WORCESTER REGIONAL (about 31 miles; WORCESTER, MA; ID: ORH)
Other public-use airports nearest to Framingham:
- MARLBORO (about 6 miles; MARLBORO, MA; ID: 9B1)
- MINUTE MAN AIR FIELD (about 13 miles; STOW, MA; ID: 6B6)
- NORFOLK (about 14 miles; NORFOLK, MA; ID: 32M)
FRAMINGHAM (443 WAVERLY ST.). Services: public payphones, snack bar, paid short-term parking, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/Universities in Framingham:
- FRAMINGHAM STATE COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 4,185; Location: 100 STATE ST; Public; Website: www.framingham.edu; Offers Master's degree)
- JOSEPH P KEEFE TECHNICAL SCHOOL (Location: 750 WINTER ST; Public)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Framingham:
- BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY (about 11 miles; WALTHAM, MA; Full-time enrollment: 4,444)
- WELLESLEY COLLEGE (about 11 miles; WELLESLEY, MA; FT enrollment: 2,241)
- MASSACHUSETTS BAY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 11 miles; WELLESLEY HILLS, MA; FT enrollment: 2,938)
- BENTLEY COLLEGE (about 16 miles; WALTHAM, MA; FT enrollment: 4,651)
- MIDDLESEX COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 18 miles; BEDFORD, MA; FT enrollment: 4,501)
- BOSTON COLLEGE (about 18 miles; CHESTNUT HILL, MA; FT enrollment: 13,341)
- HARVARD UNIVERSITY (about 22 miles; CAMBRIDGE, MA; FT enrollment: 20,531)
Public high schools in Framingham:
- FRAMINGHAM H S (Students: 2,057; Location: 115 A STREET; Grades: 09 - 12)
- JOSEPH P KEEFE TECH HS (Students: 732; Location: 750 WINTER STREET; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high schools in Framingham:
- MARIAN HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 290; Location: 273 UNION AVENUE; Grades: 9 - 12)
- THE LEARNING CENTER FOR DEAF C (Students: 202; Location: 848 CENTRAL STREET; Grades: PK - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Framingham:
- FULLER MIDDLE (Students: 769; Location: 31 FLAGG DRIVE; Grades: 05 - 08)
- BARBIERI ELEM (Students: 620; Location: 100 DUDLEY RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- WALSH MIDDLE (Students: 597; Location: 301 BROOK STREET; Grades: 06 - 08)
- CAMERON MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 523; Location: 215 ELM STREET; Grades: 06 - 08)
- BROPHY (Students: 519; Location: 575 PLEASANT STREET; Grades: KG - 05)
- MIRIAM F MCCARTHY SCH (Students: 509; Location: 8 FLAGG DR; Grades: KG - 05)
- CHARLOTTE A DUNNING (Students: 508; Location: 48 FROST STREET; Grades: KG - 05)
- HEMENWAY (Students: 494; Location: 729 WATER STREET; Grades: KG - 05)
- WOODROW WILSON (Students: 465; Location: 169 LELAND STREET; Grades: KG - 05)
- MARY E STAPLETON ELEM (Students: 439; Location: 25 ELM STREET; Grades: KG - 05)
Biggest private primary/middle schools in Framingham:
- ST BRIDGET ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 373; Location: 832 WORCESTER ROAD; Grades: PK - 8)
- ST TARCISIUS SCHOOL (Students: 207; Location: 560 WAVERLY ST; Grades: KG - 8)
- SUDBURY VALLEY SCHOOL (Students: 200; Location: 2 WINCH ST; Grades: UG - UG)
- THE NURSERY SCH AT TEMPLE BETH (Students: 91; Location: 300 PLEASANT STREET; Grades: PK - KG)
- HAPPY HOLLOW SCHOOL (Students: 87; Location: 29 OAKS ROAD; Grades: PK - 1)
- THE KIDDIE LODGE (Students: 83; Location: 27 CHERRY STREET; Grades: PK - KG)
- OVER THE RAINBOW NUR SCH INC (Students: 47; Location: 115 EDGEBROOK ROAD; Grades: PK - KG)
- WAYLAND ACADEMY OF FRAMINGHAM (Students: 42; Location: 360 WATER STREET P.O. BOX 3350; Grades: KG - 6)
- FRAMINGHAM ST COL CH DEV LAB (Students: 36; Location: 100 STATE STREET; Grades: PK - KG)
- REED ACADEMY (Students: 23; Location: 1 WINCH STREET; Grades: UG - UG; Boys only)
Library in Framingham:
- FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $2,215,260; Location: 49 LEXINGTON STREET; 236,449 books; 19,822 audio materials; 13,068 video materials; 467 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Framingham: Loring Arena (A), Millwood Farms Golf Club (B), Old Trolley Square (C), Cochituate Station (D), Framingham (E), Framingham Industrial Park (F), Framingham Plaza (G), Danforth Museum of Art (H), Danforth Museum of Art Library (I), Tedeschi Library and Information Center (J), Nobscot Community Building (K), Henry Whittemore Library (L), Atheneum Hall (M), Loring Arena (N), Memorial Building (O), YMCA (P), Lawrence Newcomb Library (Q), Framingham Town Hall (R), Framingham Public Library (S), Framingham Library (T).
Shopping Centers: Nobscott Shopping Center (1), Old Trolley Square Shopping Center (2), Pinefield Shopping Center (3), Round-Up Shopping Center (4), Route 30 Mall (5), Route 30 Mall Shopping Center (6), Colonial Shopping Center (7).
Churches in Framingham include: Wesley Methodist Church (A), Wellesley Park Assembly of God Church (B), Village Bible Chapel (C), The Lord Jesus Christ Assembly Church (D), Temple of Wisdom Church (E), Temple Baptist Church (F), South Middlesex Baptist Church (G), Shalom Pentecostal Church (H).
Cemeteries: Saint Georges Cemetery (1), Church Hill Cemetery (2), Edwards Cemetery (3), Edgell Grove Cemetery (4), Saint Stephens Cemetery (5), Saint Tarcisius Cemetery (6).
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Norton Pond (A), Farm Pond (B), Sucker Pond (C), Gleason Pond (D), Learned Pond (E), Waushakum Pond (F), Reservoir Number Two (G), Foss Reservoir (H).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Cowassock Brook (A), Eames Brook (B), Cochituate Brook (C), Baiting Brook (D), Angelica Brook (E), Bannister Brook (F), Willow Brook (G), Birch Meadow Brook (H).
Parks in Framingham include: Dennison Playground (1), Richard Callahan State Park (2), Anna Murphy Playground (3), Burbank Circle Playground (4), Concord Square Historic District (5), Butterworth Park (6), Irving Square Historic District (7), Danforth Square Playground (8), Fairbanks Road Playground (9).
Framingham compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Framingham:
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WSRO (650 AM; 2 kW; ASHLAND, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING GROUP, LLC)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WUNR (1600 AM; 20 kW; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: CHAMPION BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- WBNW (1120 AM; 5 kW; CONCORD, MA; Owner: MONEY MATTERS RADIO, INC.)
- WNTN (1550 AM; 10 kW; NEWTON, MA; Owner: COLT COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Framingham:
- WDJM-FM (91.3 FM; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: FRAMINGHAM STATE COLLEGE)
- WBMX (98.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WJMN (94.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WGBH (89.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WCRB (102.5 FM; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER BROADCASTING WCRB LICE)
- WTKK (96.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WROR-FM (105.7 FM; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBOS (92.9 FM; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBUR-FM (90.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: TRUSTEES OF BOSTON UNIVERSITY)
- WODS (103.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WYAJ (97.7 FM; SUDBURY, MA; Owner: SUDBURY VALLEY B'CASTING FOUNDATION)
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WHHB (99.9 FM; HOLLISTON, MA; Owner: HOLLISTON HIGH SCHOOL)
- WBCN (104.1 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: HEMISPHERE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WZLX (100.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF BOSTON)
- W267AI (101.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: MCC BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WAAF (107.3 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WERS (88.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: EMERSON COLLEGE)
- WWBB (101.5 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Framingham:
- WUTF (Channel 66; MARLBOROUGH, MA; Owner: TELEFUTURA BOSTON LLC)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WCVB HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WGBH-TV (Channel 2; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WGBX-TV (Channel 44; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WMFP (Channel 62; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: WSAH LICENSE, INC.)
- WHDH-TV (Channel 7; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WHDH-TV)
- WSBK-TV (Channel 38; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: WLVI, INC.)
- WFXT (Channel 25; BOSTON, MA; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS INC.)
- W40BO (Channel 40; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WUNI (Channel 27; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WTMU-LP (Channel 32; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ZGS BOSTON, INC.)
- WCEA-LP (Channel 58; BOSTON, MA; Owner: CHANNEL 19 TV CORPORATION)
- WWDP (Channel 46; NORWELL, MA; Owner: NORWELL TELEVISION, LLC)
- WNAC-TV (Channel 64; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: WNAC, LLC)
- WPRI-TV (Channel 12; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: TVL BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- WLNE-TV (Channel 6; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: FREEDOM BROADCASTING OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND, INC.)
- WJAR (Channel 10; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: OUTLET BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSBE-TV (Channel 36; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: RHODE ISLAND PUBLIC TELECOM. AUTHORITY)
- WFXZ-CA (Channel 24; BOSTON, MA; Owner: BOSTON BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WPXQ (Channel 69; BLOCK ISLAND, RI; Owner: OCEAN STATE TELEVISION, L.L.C.)
- WNDS (Channel 50; DERRY, NH; Owner: CTV OF DERRY, INC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.