Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 11,780. Estimated population in July 2005: 12,457 (+5.7% change)
Males: 5,658 (48.0%), Females: 6,122 (52.0%)
Median resident age: 37.2 years
Median household income: $53,780 (year 2000)
Median house value: $201,800 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Kingston:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.5%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Black (1.0%)
- Hispanic (0.7%)
- Other race (0.5%)
Ancestries: Irish (35.2%), English (15.8%), Italian (15.7%), German (9.7%), French (7.8%), Portuguese (5.6%).Massachusetts forum
Land area: 4.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Kingston
- High school or higher: 89.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 31.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.2%
- Unemployed: 4.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 32.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Kingston town
- Never married: 19.8%
- Now married: 63.5%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 9.4%
- Divorced: 6.3%
3.1% Foreign born (1.6% Europe, 0.5% Africa, 0.4% North America, 0.4% Asia).
Travel - cheap hotel and travel deals Save up to 70% at Yahoo! Travel />
to Massachusetts - to Massachusetts for fun and adventure />
Maps & Weather - Local Info Including Maps, Driving Directions and More! />
Travel - the inside track with tips and deals at The New York Times />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MA Plymouth, (4.3 miles pop. 51,701).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (34.2 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (237.3 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: MA (0.0 miles Kingston, Duxbury, MA (2.4 miles South Plymouth, MA (2.5 miles North MA Plymouth, (4.3 miles MA Duxbury, (4.6 miles MA (6.5 miles Wenham,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 114 buildings, average cost: $103,500
- 1997: 87 buildings, average cost: $117,100
- 1998: 95 buildings, average cost: $107,900
- 1999: 98 buildings, average cost: $111,100
- 2000: 56 buildings, average cost: $129,500
- 2001: 43 buildings, average cost: $157,500
- 2002: 47 buildings, average cost: $194,700
- 2003: 76 buildings, average cost: $198,700
- 2004: 77 buildings, average cost: $210,700
- 2005: 60 buildings, average cost: $257,000
Latitude: 41.99 N, Longitude: 70.72 W
Area codes: 781, 617, 339
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (22.9%), Retail trade (13.9%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (11.8%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.5%).
Crime in Kingston by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||1 ||2 ||0 ||0 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||8.5 ||17.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||8.5 |
|Robberies ||8 ||4 ||3 ||7 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||67.9 ||34.0 ||25.5 ||59.4 ||34.0 |
|Assaults ||11 ||9 ||2 ||3 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||93.4 ||76.4 ||17.0 ||25.5 ||25.5 |
|Burglaries ||27 ||12 ||14 ||15 ||26 |
| per 100,000 ||229.2 ||101.9 ||118.8 ||127.3 ||220.7 |
|Thefts ||327 ||316 ||235 ||275 ||341 |
| per 100,000 ||2775.9 ||2682.5 ||1994.9 ||2334.5 ||2894.7 |
|Auto thefts ||22 ||33 ||20 ||25 ||28 |
| per 100,000 ||186.8 ||280.1 ||169.8 ||212.2 ||237.7 |
| ||184.5 ||169.1 ||112.7 ||142.2 ||168.9 |
Average climate in Kingston, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Kingston-area historical tornado activity is below Massachusetts state average. It is 66% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 33.4 miles away from the Kingston city center injured 17 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 11/18/1967, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 12.6 miles away from the city center .
Hospitals/medical centers near Kingston:
- JORDAN HOSPITAL INC (about 10 miles; PLYMOUTH, MA)
- SOUTH SHORE HOSPITAL (about 21 miles; SOUTH WEYMOUTH, MA)
- BROCKTON HOSPITAL (about 21 miles; BROCKTON, MA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Kingston:
- GENERAL EDWARD LAWRENCE LOGAN INTL (about 32 miles; BOSTON, MA; ID: BOS)
- BARNSTABLE MUNI-BOARDMAN/POLANDO FIELD (about 39 miles; HYANNIS, MA; ID: HYA)
- MARTHAS VINEYARD (about 43 miles; VINEYARD HAVEN, MA; ID: MVY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Kingston:
- PLYMOUTH MUNI (about 7 miles; PLYMOUTH, MA; ID: PYM)
- MARSHFIELD MUNICIPAL - GEORGE HARLOW FIELD (about 8 miles; MARSHFIELD, MA; ID: 3B2)
- MONPONSETT POND (about 9 miles; HALIFAX, MA; ID: MA6)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Kingston:
- BRIDGEWATER STATE COLLEGE (about 18 miles; BRIDGEWATER, MA; Full-time enrollment: 6,843)
- MASSASOIT COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 21 miles; BROCKTON, MA; FT enrollment: 4,161)
- STONEHILL COLLEGE (about 27 miles; EASTON, MA; FT enrollment: 2,374)
- QUINCY COLLEGE (about 27 miles; QUINCY, MA; FT enrollment: 2,528)
- BABSON COLLEGE (about 29 miles; WELLESLEY, MA; FT enrollment: 2,659)
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS-DARTMOUTH (about 31 miles; NORTH DARTMOUTH, MA; FT enrollment: 6,071)
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS-BOSTON (about 33 miles; BOSTON, MA; FT enrollment: 9,248)
Private high school in Kingston:
- SACRED HEART HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 584; Location: 399 BISHOPS HIGHWAY; Grades: 7 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Kingston:
- SILVER LAKE REG HIGH (Students: 1,843; Location: 260 PEMBROKE STREET; Grades: PK - 12)
- KINGSTON INTERMEDIATE (Students: 720; Location: 65 SECOND BROOK STREET; Grades: 03 - 06)
- KINGSTON ELEMENTARY (Students: 488; Location: 150 MAIN STREET; Grades: KG - 02)
Private primary/middle schools in Kingston:
- SACRED HEART ELEMENTARY (Students: 449; Location: 329 BISHOPS HIGHWAY; Grades: 1 - 6)
- SACRED HEART PRE PRIMARY SCHOO (Students: 64; Location: 363 BISHOPS HWY; Grades: KG - KG)
Library in Kingston:
- KINGSTON PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $450,211; Location: 6 GREEN STREET; 48,729 books; 1,719 audio materials; 1,844 video materials; 103 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Kingston: Newcombs Mill (A), Jones River Shipyard (B), Kingston Fire Station (C), Kingston Public Library (D), Kingston Town Hall (E), Reed Community Building (F).
Churches in Kingston include: Church of Christ (A), Saint Marks Orthodox Church (B), First Baptist Church of Duxbury (C), First Parish Unitarian Church (D), Kingston Baptist Church (E), Mayflower Congregational Church (F).
Cemetery: Evergreen Cemetery (1).
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Blackwater Pond (A), Jones River Reservoir (B), Foundry Pond (C), Reeds Millpond (D), Jones River Marshes (E).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Halls Brook (A), Mile Brook (B), Second Brook (C), First Brook (D), Sampson Brook (E), Bassett Brook (F), Tussock Brook (G), Smelt Brook (H).
Parks in Kingston include: Grays Beach Park (1), Commonwealth Park (2).
Kingston compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Kingston:
- WPLM (1390 AM; 5 kW; PLYMOUTH, MA; Owner: PLYMOUTH ROCK BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WUNR (1600 AM; 20 kW; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: CHAMPION BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBET (1460 AM; 5 kW; BROCKTON, MA; Owner: KJI BROADCASTING, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Kingston:
- WPLM-FM (99.1 FM; PLYMOUTH, MA; Owner: PLYMOUTH ROCK BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WATD-FM (95.9 FM; MARSHFIELD, MA; Owner: MARSHFIELD BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBMX (98.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WBOS (92.9 FM; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WJMN (94.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCRB (102.5 FM; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER BROADCASTING WCRB LICE)
- WTKK (96.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WROR-FM (105.7 FM; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WGBH (89.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WBOT (97.7 FM; BROCKTON, MA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WBUR-FM (90.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: TRUSTEES OF BOSTON UNIVERSITY)
- WWBB (101.5 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBCN (104.1 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: HEMISPHERE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WZLX (100.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF BOSTON)
- W267AI (101.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: MCC BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WERS (88.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: EMERSON COLLEGE)
- WJFD-FM (97.3 FM; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: EDMUND DINIS, TRUSTEE)
- WODS (103.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Kingston:
- WWDP (Channel 46; NORWELL, MA; Owner: NORWELL TELEVISION, LLC)
- WLWC (Channel 28; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: C-28 FCC LICENSEE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WCVB HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WGBH-TV (Channel 2; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WHDH-TV (Channel 7; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WHDH-TV)
- WMFP (Channel 62; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: WSAH LICENSE, INC.)
- WSBK-TV (Channel 38; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: WLVI, INC.)
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WGBX-TV (Channel 44; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WFXT (Channel 25; BOSTON, MA; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS INC.)
- WLNE-TV (Channel 6; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: FREEDOM BROADCASTING OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND, INC.)
- WTMU-LP (Channel 32; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ZGS BOSTON, INC.)
- WCEA-LP (Channel 58; BOSTON, MA; Owner: CHANNEL 19 TV CORPORATION)
- WPRI-TV (Channel 12; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: TVL BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- WNAC-TV (Channel 64; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: WNAC, LLC)
- WJAR (Channel 10; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: OUTLET BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W40BO (Channel 40; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.