Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 36,255. Estimated population in July 2005: 37,444 (+3.3% change)
Males: 17,869 (49.3%), Females: 18,386 (50.7%)
Median resident age: 36.1 years
Median household income: $56,879 (year 2000)
Median house value: $190,600 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Marlborough:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (84.9%)
- Hispanic (6.1%)
- Other race (3.3%)
- Two or more races (2.9%)
- Black (2.2%)
- Asian Indian (1.8%)
- Chinese (1.0%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Irish (23.3%), Italian (16.4%), English (12.6%), French (9.2%), German (7.3%), French Canadian (6.2%).
New! Massachusetts forum
Elevation: 450 feet
Land area: 21.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Marlborough
- High school or higher: 87.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 35.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 13.1%
- Unemployed: 3.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Marlborough city
- Never married: 28.3%
- Now married: 57.5%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 4.9%
- Divorced: 8.0%
16.2% Foreign born (8.0% Latin America, 4.0% Asia, 2.8% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +4,425 (+13.9%).
Massachusetts - Marlborough? Find Deals & Read Hotel Reviews! />
Hotels - Tours, Reviews, Hotel Maps Compare & Save on Hotels Today! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MA (9.0 miles Framingham, pop. 66,910).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (31.6 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (198.7 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: MA Hudson, (3.1 miles MA (3.5 miles Southborough, MA (5.8 miles Cordaville, MA (6.5 miles Berlin, MA (6.6 miles Stow, MA Bolton, (7.1 miles MA (7.4 miles Westborough,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 70 buildings, average cost: $117,500
- 1997: 74 buildings, average cost: $112,300
- 1998: 87 buildings, average cost: $105,000
- 1999: 129 buildings, average cost: $91,500
- 2000: 93 buildings, average cost: $123,200
- 2001: 59 buildings, average cost: $127,400
- 2002: 38 buildings, average cost: $130,800
- 2003: 54 buildings, average cost: $146,100
- 2004: 51 buildings, average cost: $144,000
- 2005: 24 buildings, average cost: $275,000
Latitude: 42.35 N, Longitude: 71.55 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 978
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (17.2%), Educational,health and social services (16.0%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (14.4%), Retail trade (13.5%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +13,407 (+37.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 6,224 (31.4%)
Crime in Marlborough by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||1 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||2.8 ||5.5 |
|Rapes ||0 ||6 ||3 ||2 ||7 ||13 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||16.5 ||8.3 ||5.5 ||19.3 ||35.9 |
|Robberies ||2 ||8 ||9 ||8 ||3 ||19 |
| per 100,000 ||5.5 ||22.1 ||24.8 ||22.1 ||8.3 ||52.4 |
|Assaults ||85 ||47 ||32 ||63 ||60 ||96 |
| per 100,000 ||234.5 ||129.6 ||88.3 ||173.8 ||165.5 ||264.8 |
|Burglaries ||92 ||89 ||80 ||89 ||159 ||130 |
| per 100,000 ||253.8 ||245.5 ||220.7 ||245.5 ||438.6 ||358.6 |
|Thefts ||426 ||479 ||417 ||502 ||513 ||625 |
| per 100,000 ||1175.0 ||1321.2 ||1150.2 ||1384.6 ||1415.0 ||1723.9 |
|Auto thefts ||64 ||40 ||29 ||36 ||68 ||75 |
| per 100,000 ||176.5 ||110.3 ||80.0 ||99.3 ||187.6 ||206.9 |
| ||127.4 ||118.0 ||96.3 ||124.1 ||148.4 ||199.1 |
Average climate in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Marlborough-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Massachusetts state average. It is 16% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 4.0 miles away from the Marlborough city center killed 90 people and injured 1228 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 10/3/1970, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.3 miles away from the city center killed one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Main business address for: EXACT SCIENCES CORP (SERVICES-COMMERCIAL PHYSICAL & BIOLOGICAL RESEARCH), SEPRACOR INC /DE/ (PHARMACEUTICAL PREPARATIONS), 3COM CORP (COMPUTER COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT).
Hospital/medical center in Marlborough:
- MARLBOROUGH HOSPITAL (57 UNION ST)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Marlborough:
- WESTBOROUGH ST HOSP DANIELS BLDG (about 8 miles; WESTBOROUGH, MA)
- WHITTIER REHAB HOSPITAL-WESTBOROUGH (about 8 miles; WESTBOROUGH, MA)
- METROWEST MEDICAL CENTER (about 9 miles; FRAMINGHAM, MA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Marlborough:
- LAURENCE G HANSCOM FLD (about 20 miles; BEDFORD, MA; ID: BED)
- WORCESTER REGIONAL (about 23 miles; WORCESTER, MA; ID: ORH)
- GENERAL EDWARD LAWRENCE LOGAN INTL (about 38 miles; BOSTON, MA; ID: BOS)
Other public-use airports nearest to Marlborough:
- MARLBORO (about 4 miles; MARLBORO, MA; ID: 9B1)
- MINUTE MAN AIR FIELD (about 8 miles; STOW, MA; ID: 6B6)
- SHIRLEY (about 14 miles; SHIRLEY, MA; ID: 9B4)
Amtrak stations near Marlborough:
- 11 miles: FRAMINGHAM (443 WAVERLY ST.). Services: public payphones, snack bar, paid short-term parking, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 19 miles: WORCESTER (WORCHESTER, 45 SHREWSBURY ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Elementary and Secondary - Instruction ||600 ||$2,196,996 ||$43,939 ||32 ||$20,325 |
|Elementary and Secondary - Other Total ||82 ||$214,849 ||$31,441 ||23 ||$11,469 | College/University in Marlborough:
- ASSABET VALLEY REGIONAL TECHNICAL SCHOOL (Location: 215 FITCHBURG ST; Public)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Marlborough:
- FRAMINGHAM STATE COLLEGE (about 9 miles; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Full-time enrollment: 4,185)
- BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY (about 9 miles; WALTHAM, MA; FT enrollment: 4,444)
- QUINSIGAMOND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 18 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 3,359)
- WELLESLEY COLLEGE (about 19 miles; WELLESLEY, MA; FT enrollment: 2,241)
- MASSACHUSETTS BAY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 19 miles; WELLESLEY HILLS, MA; FT enrollment: 2,938)
- WORCESTER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE (about 20 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 3,426)
- ASSUMPTION COLLEGE (about 20 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 2,356)
Public high schools in Marlborough:
- MARLBOROUGH HIGH (Students: 1,563; Location: 431 BOLTON STREET; Grades: 08 - 12)
- ASSABET VALLEY VOC H S (Students: 897; Location: 215 FITCHBURG STREET; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Marlborough:
- WAYSIDE ACADEMY (Students: 18; Location: 31 MAIN STREET; Grades: 7 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Marlborough:
- MARLBOROUGH MIDDLE (Students: 794; Location: 25 UNION STREET; Grades: 06 - 07)
- INTERMEDIATE ELEMENTARY (Students: 790; Location: 25 UNION STREET; Grades: 04 - 05)
- CHARLES JAWOREK SCHOOL (Students: 608; Location: 444 HOSMER STREET; Grades: KG - 03)
- FRANCIS J KANE (Students: 475; Location: 520 FARM RD; Grades: KG - 03)
- RICHER (Students: 472; Location: 80 FOLEY RD; Grades: KG - 03)
- EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER (Students: 149; Location: 25 UNION STREET; Grades: PK - PK)
Private primary/middle schools in Marlborough:
- IMMACULATE CONCEPTION SCHOOL (Students: 418; Location: 25 WASHINGTON CT; Grades: PK - 8)
- THE COTTAGE CHILDREN'S CENTER (Students: 105; Location: 197 UNION STREET; Grades: PK - KG)
- HILLSIDE SCHOOL (Students: 92; Location: ROBIN HILL ROAD; Grades: 5 - 9; Boys only)
- NEXT GENERATION CHLDRNS CTR (Students: 76; Location: 201 CEDAR HILL STREET; Grades: PK - KG)
- ST ANNE MONTESSORI SCHOOL (Students: 72; Location: 720 BOSTON POST ROAD EAST; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in Marlborough:
- MARLBOROUGH PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $827,564; Location: 35 WEST MAIN ST.; 117,128 books; 3,947 audio materials; 3,714 video materials; 300 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Marlborough: Marlborough Country Club (A), Marlborough Industrial Park (B), Marlborough Sewage Disposal (C), Millham Water Treatment Plant (D), Westerly Water Pollution Control Facility (E), Boroughs Shopping Plaza (F), Boston Park West Industrial Park (G), Jericho Hill Ski Slope (H), Navin Park (I), Wilfred T Hood Medical Library (J), Marlborough Public Library (K), Marlborough City Hall (L), Temple Building (M).
Shopping Centers: Post Road Shopping Center (1), Route 20 Shopping Center (2), Borough Shopping Center (3), Indian Head Shopping Center (4), Indian Head Shopping Mall (5).
Churches in Marlborough include: Calvary Chapel Middlesex (A), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (B), Saint Marys Church (C), Evangelized Brazilian Church (D), Saint Anne Convent (E), First Church Congregational (F), First Church of Christ Scientist (G), First United Methodist Church (H).
Cemeteries: Evergreen Cemetery (1), Robin Hill Cemetery (2), Brigham Cemetery (3), Rocklawn Cemetery (4), Weeks Cemetery (5), Saint Marys Cemetery (6), Spring Hill Cemetery (7).
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Muddy Pond (A), Howe Pond (B), Millham Reservoir (C), Hager Pond (D), Williams Lake (E), Flagg Swamp (F), Broad Meadow Swamp (G), Crane Meadow (H).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Sheep Fall Brook (A), North Branch Brook (B), Flagg Brook (C), Millham Brook (D), Mowry Brook (E), Broad Meadow Brook (F).
Parks in Marlborough include: Concord Street Park (1), Howe Playground (2), Ward Park (3), Simpson Playground (4), Williams Street Field (5), Korean Veterans Field (6), Fort Meadow Playground (7).
Beach: Memorial Beach (A).
Post office: (A).
Marlborough compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Marlborough:
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAZN (1470 AM; 7 kW; MARLBOROUGH, MA; Owner: MULTICULTURAL RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WBNW (1120 AM; 5 kW; CONCORD, MA; Owner: MONEY MATTERS RADIO, INC.)
- WSRO (650 AM; 2 kW; ASHLAND, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING GROUP, LLC)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Marlborough:
- WBMX (98.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WJMN (94.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCRB (102.5 FM; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER BROADCASTING WCRB LICE)
- WTKK (96.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WROR-FM (105.7 FM; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBOS (92.9 FM; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WGBH (89.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WBUR-FM (90.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: TRUSTEES OF BOSTON UNIVERSITY)
- WAAF (107.3 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WODS (103.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSRS (96.1 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WXLO (104.5 FM; FITCHBURG, MA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WYAJ (97.7 FM; SUDBURY, MA; Owner: SUDBURY VALLEY B'CASTING FOUNDATION)
- WFEX (92.1 FM; PETERBOROUGH, NH; Owner: FNX BROADCASTING OF NEW HAMPSHIRE LLC)
- WICN (90.5 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: WICN PUBLIC RADIO, INC)
- WWBB (101.5 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBCN (104.1 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: HEMISPHERE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WZLX (100.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF BOSTON)
TV broadcast stations around Marlborough:
- WUTF (Channel 66; MARLBOROUGH, MA; Owner: TELEFUTURA BOSTON LLC)
- WUNI (Channel 27; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WCVB HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WGBH-TV (Channel 2; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WGBX-TV (Channel 44; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WMFP (Channel 62; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: WSAH LICENSE, INC.)
- WHDH-TV (Channel 7; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WHDH-TV)
- WSBK-TV (Channel 38; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: WLVI, INC.)
- WFXT (Channel 25; BOSTON, MA; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS INC.)
- W40BO (Channel 40; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WTMU-LP (Channel 32; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ZGS BOSTON, INC.)
- WCEA-LP (Channel 58; BOSTON, MA; Owner: CHANNEL 19 TV CORPORATION)
- WNAC-TV (Channel 64; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: WNAC, LLC)
- WPRI-TV (Channel 12; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: TVL BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- WPXQ (Channel 69; BLOCK ISLAND, RI; Owner: OCEAN STATE TELEVISION, L.L.C.)
- WWDP (Channel 46; NORWELL, MA; Owner: NORWELL TELEVISION, LLC)
- WLNE-TV (Channel 6; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: FREEDOM BROADCASTING OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND, INC.)
- WFXZ-CA (Channel 24; BOSTON, MA; Owner: BOSTON BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WYDN (Channel 48; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL PUBLIC TV CORPORATION)
- WJAR (Channel 10; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: OUTLET BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSBE-TV (Channel 36; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: RHODE ISLAND PUBLIC TELECOM. AUTHORITY)
- WNDS (Channel 50; DERRY, NH; Owner: CTV OF DERRY, INC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.