Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 26,799. Estimated population in July 2005: 27,519 (+2.7% change)
Males: 13,006 (48.5%), Females: 13,793 (51.5%)
Median resident age: 36.6 years
Median household income: $50,856 (year 2000)
Median house value: $175,600 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Milford:
- White Non-Hispanic (90.5%)
- Hispanic (4.4%)
- Other race (2.0%)
- Two or more races (1.8%)
- Black (1.4%)
- Asian Indian (0.9%)
Ancestries: Italian (29.9%), Irish (22.8%), English (10.6%), French (8.0%), Portuguese (7.8%), German (7.2%).
New! Massachusetts forum
Elevation: 307 feet
Land area: 10.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Milford
- High school or higher: 83.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 26.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.7%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Milford town
- Never married: 25.9%
- Now married: 57.3%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 6.7%
- Divorced: 8.6%
11.3% Foreign born (5.4% Europe, 3.3% Latin America, 1.5% Asia).
Ma - Low Rates for Milford Ma and Save. />
MA Real Estate - all MLS listings, sales and market reports. Area Photo Tours. />
Real Estate Licenses - Courses for $ 199.00 Our test results say it all. />
Hotels - Tours, Reviews, Hotel Maps Compare & Save on Hotels Today! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MA (12.4 miles Framingham, pop. 66,910).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (31.9 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (192.6 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: MA Milford, (0.0 miles MA (1.8 miles Hopedale, MA (3.6 miles Mendon, MA Bellingham, (4.4 miles MA (5.5 miles Hopkinton, .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 82 buildings, average cost: $114,500
- 1997: 126 buildings, average cost: $112,500
- 1998: 129 buildings, average cost: $121,000
- 1999: 79 buildings, average cost: $133,300
- 2000: 64 buildings, average cost: $139,200
- 2001: 61 buildings, average cost: $136,600
- 2002: 76 buildings, average cost: $138,300
- 2003: 96 buildings, average cost: $156,400
- 2004: 123 buildings, average cost: $156,400
- 2005: 105 buildings, average cost: $173,200
Latitude: 42.15 N, Longitude: 71.52 W
Area codes: 508, 774
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.6%), Manufacturing (19.9%), Retail trade (12.7%).
Crime in Milford by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||4 ||2 ||5 ||16 |
| per 100,000 ||14.9 ||7.5 ||18.7 ||59.7 |
|Robberies ||5 ||2 ||3 ||13 |
| per 100,000 ||18.7 ||7.5 ||11.2 ||48.5 |
|Assaults ||39 ||13 ||40 ||35 |
| per 100,000 ||145.5 ||48.5 ||149.3 ||130.6 |
|Burglaries ||55 ||27 ||86 ||63 |
| per 100,000 ||205.2 ||100.8 ||320.9 ||235.1 |
|Thefts ||155 ||98 ||163 ||173 |
| per 100,000 ||578.4 ||365.7 ||608.2 ||645.5 |
|Auto thefts ||50 ||19 ||34 ||13 |
| per 100,000 ||186.6 ||70.9 ||126.9 ||48.5 |
| ||93.1 ||42.3 ||97.6 ||110.7 |
Average climate in Milford, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Milford-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Massachusetts state average. It is 24% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 10.7 miles away from the Milford city center killed 90 people and injured 1228 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 6/9/1953, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 17.3 miles away from the city center injured 17 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Andres Sandoval - College basketball player (Richmond Spiders).
Main business address for: WATERS CORP /DE/ (LABORATORY ANALYTICAL INSTRUMENTS).
Hospital/medical center in Milford:
- MILFORD WHITINSVILLE REG HOSPITAL (14 PROSPECT STREET)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Milford:
- LANDMARK MEDICAL CENTER INC (about 10 miles; WOONSOCKET, RI)
- WESTBOROUGH ST HOSP DANIELS BLDG (about 11 miles; WESTBOROUGH, MA)
- WHITTIER REHAB HOSPITAL-WESTBOROUGH (about 11 miles; WESTBOROUGH, MA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Milford:
- WORCESTER REGIONAL (about 26 miles; WORCESTER, MA; ID: ORH)
- LAURENCE G HANSCOM FLD (about 28 miles; BEDFORD, MA; ID: BED)
- THEODORE FRANCIS GREEN STATE (about 31 miles; PROVIDENCE, RI; ID: PVD)
Other public-use airports nearest to Milford:
- HOPEDALE INDUSTRIAL PARK (about 4 miles; HOPEDALE, MA; ID: 1B6)
- NORFOLK (about 11 miles; NORFOLK, MA; ID: 32M)
- MARLBORO (about 13 miles; MARLBORO, MA; ID: 9B1)
Amtrak station near Milford:
- 12 miles: FRAMINGHAM (443 WAVERLY ST.). Services: public payphones, snack bar, paid short-term parking, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Milford:
- FRAMINGHAM STATE COLLEGE (about 14 miles; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Full-time enrollment: 4,185)
- BRYANT COLLEGE (about 18 miles; SMITHFIELD, RI; FT enrollment: 2,926)
- WELLESLEY COLLEGE (about 21 miles; WELLESLEY, MA; FT enrollment: 2,241)
- MASSACHUSETTS BAY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 21 miles; WELLESLEY HILLS, MA; FT enrollment: 2,938)
- BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY (about 22 miles; WALTHAM, MA; FT enrollment: 4,444)
- COLLEGE OF THE HOLY CROSS (about 22 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 2,808)
- CLARK UNIVERSITY (about 22 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 2,563)
Public primary/middle schools in Milford:
- MILFORD HIGH (Students: 1,130; Location: 31 WEST FOUNTAIN STREET; Grades: PK - 12)
- STACY MIDDLE (Students: 961; Location: 66 SCHOOL STREET; Grades: 05 - 07)
- WOODLAND (Students: 616; Location: 10 NORTH VINE STREET; Grades: 03 - 04)
- BROOKSIDE (Students: 512; Location: 110 CONGRESS STREET; Grades: KG - 02)
- MEMORIAL (Students: 492; Location: 12-14 WALNUT STREET; Grades: KG - 02)
- MILFORD MIDDLE EAST (Students: 331; Location: 45 MAIN STREET; Grades: 08 - 08)
- SHINING STAR ECC (Students: 143; Location: 31 WEST FOUNTAIN STREET; Grades: PK - PK)
Private primary/middle schools in Milford:
- MILFORD CATHOLIC ELEM SCHOOL (Students: 268; Location: 11 EAST MAIN STREET; Grades: PK - 6)
- EVERGREEN CENTER (Students: 83; Location: 345 FORTUNE BLVD; Grades: UG - UG)
- MILFORD BIBLE BAPTIST ACADEMY (Students: 21; Location: 7 GRANT STREET; Grades: KG - 11)
Library in Milford:
- MILFORD TOWN LIBRARY (Operating income: $896,127; Location: 80 SPRUCE STREET; 92,634 books; 2,204 audio materials; 1,343 video materials; 198 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Milford: Milford Country Club (A), Fair Shopping Plaza (B), Hill Executive Office Park (C), Hills Shopping Plaza (D), Milford-Whitinsville Regional Hospital Medical Library (E), Milford Town Library (F).
Shopping Centers: Quarry Square Shopping Center (1), Fair Shopping Plaza Shopping Center (2).
Churches in Milford include: Unitarian Church (A), True LIght Christian Church (B), Trinity Episcopal Church (C), Temple Beth Shalom (D), Salvation Army (E), Saint Marys Church (F), Sacred Heart of Jesus Church (G), Sacred Heart Parish Church (H).
Cemeteries: Vernon Grove Cemetery (1), North Purchase Street Cemetery (2), Saint Marys Cemetery (3), Pine Grove Cemetery (4), Sacred Heart Cemetery (5).
Lakes and reservoirs: Milford Pond (A), Louisa Lake (B), Fiske Millpond (C), Cedar Swamp Pond (D), Lake Luisa Reservoir (E).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Huckleberry Brook (A), Godfrey Brook (B).
Parks in Milford include: Hayward Field (1), Prospect Heights Historic District (2).
Post office: (A).
Milford compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Milford:
- WMRC (1490 AM; 1 kW; MILFORD, MA; Owner: FIRST CLASS RADIO CORP.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WSRO (650 AM; 2 kW; ASHLAND, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING GROUP, LLC)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WDDZ (550 AM; 5 kW; PAWTUCKET, RI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Milford:
- WWKX (106.3 FM; WOONSOCKET, RI; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WBMX (98.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WJMN (94.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCRB (102.5 FM; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER BROADCASTING WCRB LICE)
- WTKK (96.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WROR-FM (105.7 FM; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBOS (92.9 FM; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WGBH (89.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WBUR-FM (90.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: TRUSTEES OF BOSTON UNIVERSITY)
- WHHB (99.9 FM; HOLLISTON, MA; Owner: HOLLISTON HIGH SCHOOL)
- WWBB (101.5 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WODS (103.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WAAF (107.3 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WSRS (96.1 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WGAO (88.3 FM; FRANKLIN, MA; Owner: DEAN COLLEGE)
- WSNE-FM (93.3 FM; TAUNTON, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WPRO-FM (92.3 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WWLI (105.1 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Milford:
- WUTF (Channel 66; MARLBOROUGH, MA; Owner: TELEFUTURA BOSTON LLC)
- WUNI (Channel 27; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WCVB HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WGBH-TV (Channel 2; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WMFP (Channel 62; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: WSAH LICENSE, INC.)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WGBX-TV (Channel 44; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WHDH-TV (Channel 7; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WHDH-TV)
- WSBK-TV (Channel 38; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: WLVI, INC.)
- WFXT (Channel 25; BOSTON, MA; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS INC.)
- WNAC-TV (Channel 64; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: WNAC, LLC)
- WPRI-TV (Channel 12; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: TVL BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- W40BO (Channel 40; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WJAR (Channel 10; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: OUTLET BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLNE-TV (Channel 6; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: FREEDOM BROADCASTING OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND, INC.)
- WPXQ (Channel 69; BLOCK ISLAND, RI; Owner: OCEAN STATE TELEVISION, L.L.C.)
- WSBE-TV (Channel 36; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: RHODE ISLAND PUBLIC TELECOM. AUTHORITY)
- WWDP (Channel 46; NORWELL, MA; Owner: NORWELL TELEVISION, LLC)
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WTMU-LP (Channel 32; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ZGS BOSTON, INC.)
- WCEA-LP (Channel 58; BOSTON, MA; Owner: CHANNEL 19 TV CORPORATION)
- WYDN (Channel 48; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL PUBLIC TV CORPORATION)
- WRIW-LP (Channel 50; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: ZGS PROVIDENCE, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.