Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 51,701. Estimated population in July 2005: 54,923 (+6.2% change)
Males: 25,691 (49.7%), Females: 26,010 (50.3%)
Zip codes: .
Median resident age: 36.5 years
Median household income: $54,677 (year 2000)
Median house value: $166,300 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Plymouth:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.0%)
- Black (1.9%)
- Hispanic (1.7%)
- Two or more races (1.5%)
- Other race (0.9%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: Irish (34.2%), Italian (18.1%), English (16.7%), German (7.3%), Portuguese (6.3%), French (6.0%).Massachusetts
Elevation: 50 feet
Land area: 2.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Plymouth
- High school or higher: 89.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 26.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.5%
- Unemployed: 4.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 34.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Plymouth town
- Never married: 26.5%
- Now married: 57.4%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 5.9%
- Divorced: 8.6%
3.5% Foreign born (1.7% Europe, 0.8% Latin America, 0.5% Asia).
Tourism - Plymouth? Find Deals & Read Hotel Reviews! />
Plymouth, MA Vacation - & elegant suites w/ charm. Heavenly area & divine MA dining. />
Tourism - to see, where to stay & how to get there. The only guide you need. />
Maps & Weather - Local Info Including Maps, Driving Directions and More! />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (38.5 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (239.6 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: MA Plymouth, (0.0 miles Plymouth, MA (1.8 miles North MA (4.3 miles Kingston, Duxbury, MA (4.9 miles South MA Duxbury, (6.0 miles MA (7.5 miles Wenham,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 279 buildings, average cost: $81,400
- 1997: 312 buildings, average cost: $86,500
- 1998: 314 buildings, average cost: $95,200
- 1999: 296 buildings, average cost: $99,700
- 2000: 263 buildings, average cost: $124,200
- 2001: 288 buildings, average cost: $150,500
- 2002: 289 buildings, average cost: $156,800
- 2003: 273 buildings, average cost: $155,600
- 2004: 277 buildings, average cost: $155,800
- 2005: 453 buildings, average cost: $195,400
Latitude: 41.96 N, Longitude: 70.67 W
Area codes: 508, 774
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.2%), Retail trade (14.7%).
Crime in Plymouth by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 |
|Murders ||1 ||2 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||1.9 ||3.9 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||16 ||8 ||7 ||9 ||14 |
| per 100,000 ||30.9 ||15.5 ||13.5 ||17.4 ||27.1 |
|Robberies ||14 ||13 ||9 ||29 ||27 |
| per 100,000 ||27.1 ||25.1 ||17.4 ||56.1 ||52.2 |
|Assaults ||97 ||106 ||115 ||110 ||89 |
| per 100,000 ||187.6 ||205.0 ||222.4 ||212.8 ||172.1 |
|Burglaries ||203 ||191 ||193 ||224 ||266 |
| per 100,000 ||392.6 ||369.4 ||373.3 ||433.3 ||514.5 |
|Thefts ||798 ||698 ||677 ||750 ||745 |
| per 100,000 ||1543.5 ||1350.1 ||1309.5 ||1450.6 ||1441.0 |
|Auto thefts ||60 ||67 ||65 ||86 ||92 |
| per 100,000 ||116.1 ||129.6 ||125.7 ||166.3 ||177.9 |
| ||158.5 ||148.8 ||143.7 ||168.0 ||168.8 |
Average climate in Plymouth, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Plymouth-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Massachusetts state average. It is 69% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 37.2 miles away from the Plymouth city center injured 17 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 11/18/1967, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 16.1 miles away from the city center .
Birthplace of: Josh Thomas - 2005 NFL player (Indianapolis Colts, born: Jun 26, 1981).
Hospital/medical center in Plymouth:
- JORDAN HOSPITAL INC (275 SANDWICH STREET)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Plymouth:
- CAPE COD & ISLANDS MENTAL HLTH CTR (about 19 miles; POCASSET, MA)
- REHAB HOSP OF THE CAPE AND ISLANDS (about 22 miles; EAST SANDWICH, MA)
- SOUTH SHORE HOSPITAL (about 25 miles; SOUTH WEYMOUTH, MA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Plymouth:
- BARNSTABLE MUNI-BOARDMAN/POLANDO FIELD (about 35 miles; HYANNIS, MA; ID: HYA)
- GENERAL EDWARD LAWRENCE LOGAN INTL (about 36 miles; BOSTON, MA; ID: BOS)
- MARTHAS VINEYARD (about 40 miles; VINEYARD HAVEN, MA; ID: MVY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Plymouth:
- PLYMOUTH MUNI (about 6 miles; PLYMOUTH, MA; ID: PYM)
- MARSHFIELD MUNICIPAL - GEORGE HARLOW FIELD (about 9 miles; MARSHFIELD, MA; ID: 3B2)
- MONPONSETT POND (about 12 miles; HALIFAX, MA; ID: MA6)
Colleges/Universities in Plymouth:
- WORLDWIDE EDUCATIONAL SERVICES (Full-time enrollment: 133; Location: 40 INDUSTRIAL PARK; Private, for-profit)
- POLARITY REALIZATION INSTITUTE INC (Location: 59 INDUSTRIAL PK RD; Private, for-profit; Website: www.ryse.com)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Plymouth:
- BRIDGEWATER STATE COLLEGE (about 22 miles; BRIDGEWATER, MA; Full-time enrollment: 6,843)
- MASSASOIT COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 25 miles; BROCKTON, MA; FT enrollment: 4,161)
- STONEHILL COLLEGE (about 31 miles; EASTON, MA; FT enrollment: 2,374)
- QUINCY COLLEGE (about 31 miles; QUINCY, MA; FT enrollment: 2,528)
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS-DARTMOUTH (about 32 miles; NORTH DARTMOUTH, MA; FT enrollment: 6,071)
- BABSON COLLEGE (about 34 miles; WELLESLEY, MA; FT enrollment: 2,659)
- BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 37 miles; FALL RIVER, MA; FT enrollment: 3,497)
Public high schools in Plymouth:
- PLYMOUTH NORTH HIGH (Students: 1,092; Location: 41 OBERY STREET; Grades: 09 - 12)
- PLYMOUTH SOUTH HIGH (Students: 927; Location: 490 LONG POND ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- PLYMOUTH SOUTH TECHNICAL (Students: 626; Location: 490 LONG POND ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Plymouth:
- LITTLE RED SCHOOLHOUSE (Students: 73; Location: 1 PRINCE STREET; Grades: PK - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Plymouth:
- PLYMOUTH COMMUN INTERMED (Students: 1,409; Location: 117 LONG POND ROAD; Grades: 05 - 08)
- PLYMOUTH SOUTH MIDDLE (Students: 882; Location: 488 LONG POND ROAD; Grades: 05 - 08)
- SOUTH ELEMENTARY (Students: 695; Location: 178 BOURNE RD; Grades: KG - 04)
- INDIAN BROOK (Students: 689; Location: 1181 STATE RD; Grades: KG - 04)
- NATHANIEL MORTON ELEM (Students: 574; Location: 6 LINCOLN STREET; Grades: KG - 05)
- FEDERAL FURNACE SCH (Students: 505; Location: 860 FEDERAL FURNACE; Grades: PK - 05)
- MANOMET ELEMENTARY (Students: 388; Location: 70 MANOMET POINT RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- WEST ELEMENTARY (Students: 385; Location: 170 PLYMPTON RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- COLD SPRING (Students: 258; Location: 25 ALDEN STREET; Grades: KG - 05)
- RISING TIDE CHARTER SCHOOL (Students: 231; Location: 6 RESNIK ROAD; Grades: 05 - 08)
Private primary/middle schools in Plymouth:
- BAIRD CENTER (Students: 59; Location: GREAT OUTLOOK WAY; Grades: 4 - 11; Boys only)
- PLYMOUTH DISCOVERY CENTER (Students: 48; Location: 94 NICKS ROCK ROAD; Grades: PK - KG)
- MAYFLOWER HOUSE (Students: 32; Location: 123 SOUTH ST; Grades: UG - UG)
- FELLOWSHIP CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 26; Location: 267 CARVER RD; Grades: KG - 7)
Library in Plymouth:
- PLYMOUTH PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $1,555,420; Location: 132 SOUTH STREET; 142,841 books; 8,548 audio materials; 7,454 video materials; 316 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Plymouth: Massachusetts State Pier (A), Plimoth Plaza (B), Plymouth Bay Winery (C), Plymouth Rock Yacht Club (D), Plymouth Town Wharf (E), Plymouth Yacht Club (F), South Channel Range Light (G), Splitting Knife Channel Range Light (H), Village Landing (I), Jenney Grist Mill (J), Edward Winslow House Museum (K), Jabez Howland House (L), Antiquarian House (M), Hedge House Museum (N), 1749 Courthouse (O), Harlow Old Fort House (P), Memorial Hall (Q), Mayflower Society House (R), Mayflower Experience (S), Cordage Park Marketplace (T).
Shopping Centers: Manomet Shopping Center (1), Village Landing Marketplace Shopping Center (2).
Churches in Plymouth include: Christ Episcopal Church (A), Church of the Pilgrim (B), Salvation Army Corps Community Center (C), First Baptist Church of Plymouth (D), First Parish Church (E), Plymouth Rock Holiness Church (F), Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church (G).
Cemeteries: Vine Hill Cemetery (1), Burial Hill Cemetery (2), Oak Grove Cemetery (3), Sarcophagus (4).
Lakes and reservoirs: No Bottom Pond (A), Town Brook Reservoir (B), Jenney Pond (C), Arms House Pond (D).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Town Brook (A).
Parks in Plymouth include: Town Brook Park (1), Nelson Street Recreation Area (2), Stephens Field (3), Massasoit Statue (4), Pilgrim Mother Statue (5), Pilgrim Maiden Statue (6), Burton Park (7), Bates Park (8), Plymouth Village Historic District (9).
Beaches: Stephens Field Beach (A), Nelson Beach (B).
Post office: (A).
Plymouth compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Population density significantly above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Plymouth:
- WPLM (1390 AM; 5 kW; PLYMOUTH, MA; Owner: PLYMOUTH ROCK BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WUNR (1600 AM; 20 kW; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: CHAMPION BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- WBSM (1420 AM; 5 kW; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Plymouth:
- WPLM-FM (99.1 FM; PLYMOUTH, MA; Owner: PLYMOUTH ROCK BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WATD-FM (95.9 FM; MARSHFIELD, MA; Owner: MARSHFIELD BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBMX (98.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WBOS (92.9 FM; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WJMN (94.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCRB (102.5 FM; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER BROADCASTING WCRB LICE)
- WTKK (96.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WROR-FM (105.7 FM; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WJFD-FM (97.3 FM; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: EDMUND DINIS, TRUSTEE)
- WBOT (97.7 FM; BROCKTON, MA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WCTK (98.1 FM; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCIB (101.9 FM; FALMOUTH, MA; Owner: QANTUM OF CAPE COD LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WPXC (102.9 FM; HYANNIS, MA; Owner: QANTUM OF CAPE COD LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WTWV (101.1 FM; MASHPEE, MA; Owner: BOCH BROADCASTING, L.P.)
TV broadcast stations around Plymouth:
- WLWC (Channel 28; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: C-28 FCC LICENSEE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- WWDP (Channel 46; NORWELL, MA; Owner: NORWELL TELEVISION, LLC)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WCVB HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WGBH-TV (Channel 2; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WHDH-TV (Channel 7; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WHDH-TV)
- WMFP (Channel 62; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: WSAH LICENSE, INC.)
- WSBK-TV (Channel 38; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: WLVI, INC.)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WGBX-TV (Channel 44; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WFXT (Channel 25; BOSTON, MA; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS INC.)
- WLNE-TV (Channel 6; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: FREEDOM BROADCASTING OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND, INC.)
- WPRI-TV (Channel 12; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: TVL BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- WTMU-LP (Channel 32; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ZGS BOSTON, INC.)
- WCEA-LP (Channel 58; BOSTON, MA; Owner: CHANNEL 19 TV CORPORATION)
- WDPX (Channel 58; VINEYARD HAVEN, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.