Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,767. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,763 (-0.1% change)
Males: 3,576 (46.0%), Females: 4,191 (54.0%)
Median resident age: 44.9 years
Median household income: $50,661 (year 2000)
Median house value: $272,900 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Rockport:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.2%)
- Hispanic (1.1%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
- Other race (0.5%)
Ancestries: English (25.1%), Irish (22.3%), Italian (14.0%), German (7.3%), French (5.8%), Scottish (5.8%).
New! Massachusetts forum
Elevation: 77 feet
Land area: 4.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Rockport
- High school or higher: 95.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 44.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 17.8%
- Unemployed: 3.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 29.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Rockport town
- Never married: 24.4%
- Now married: 55.5%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 10.0%
- Divorced: 9.2%
5.9% Foreign born (3.3% Europe, 1.0% North America, 0.8% Latin America, 0.7% Asia).
- accommodation & info on all what to see and where to stay. />
River House Motel - Deals, Read Reviews from Real People. Get the Truth. Then Go. />
Hotels - prices from the top travel engines to find the lowest rate. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MA Lynn, (26.4 miles pop. 89,050).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (39.8 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (263.9 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: MA Rockport, (0.0 miles MA Gloucester, (4.6 miles MA (11.3 miles Essex, MA Ipswich, (15.4 miles MA Rowley, (18.5 miles .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 12 buildings, average cost: $80,600
- 1997: 25 buildings, average cost: $152,100
- 1998: 23 buildings, average cost: $122,700
- 1999: 23 buildings, average cost: $161,800
- 2000: 11 buildings, average cost: $137,600
- 2001: 13 buildings, average cost: $136,500
- 2002: 12 buildings, average cost: $184,600
- 2003: 12 buildings, average cost: $223,300
- 2004: 23 buildings, average cost: $219,000
- 2005: 10 buildings, average cost: $335,700
Latitude: 42.65 N, Longitude: 70.62 W
Area code: 978
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.9%), Manufacturing (12.3%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (12.3%), Retail trade (11.0%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (10.5%).
Crime in Rockport by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Robberies ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Assaults ||5 ||2 ||1 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||64.4 ||25.7 ||12.9 ||51.5 |
|Burglaries ||1 ||1 ||5 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||12.9 ||12.9 ||64.4 ||0.0 |
|Thefts ||2 ||3 ||1 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||25.7 ||38.6 ||12.9 ||25.7 |
|Auto thefts ||0 ||0 ||2 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||25.7 ||12.9 |
| ||14.8 ||7.6 ||9.7 ||12.4 |
Average climate in Rockport, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Rockport-area historical tornado activity is below Massachusetts state average. It is 59% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 32.7 miles away from the Rockport city center injured 5 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 9/29/1974, a category 3 tornado 40.2 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Rockport:
- LAWRENCE GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; LAWRENCE, MA)
- BEVERLY HOSPITAL (about 20 miles; BEVERLY, MA)
- ANNA JAQUES HOSPITAL (about 21 miles; NEWBURYPORT, MA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Rockport:
- PEASE INTERNATIONAL TRADEPORT (about 32 miles; PORTSMOUTH, NH; ID: PSM)
- GENERAL EDWARD LAWRENCE LOGAN INTL (about 34 miles; BOSTON, MA; ID: BOS)
- LAURENCE G HANSCOM FLD (about 48 miles; BEDFORD, MA; ID: BED)
Other public-use airports nearest to Rockport:
- PLUM ISLAND (about 18 miles; NEWBURYPORT, MA; ID: 2B2)
- BEVERLY MUNI (about 21 miles; BEVERLY, MA; ID: BVY)
- HAMPTON AIRFIELD (about 25 miles; HAMPTON, NH; ID: 7B3)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Rockport:
- SALEM STATE COLLEGE (about 22 miles; SALEM, MA; Full-time enrollment: 5,917)
- NORTH SHORE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 24 miles; DANVERS, MA; FT enrollment: 3,663)
- NORTHERN ESSEX COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 33 miles; HAVERHILL, MA; FT enrollment: 3,388)
- MERRIMACK COLLEGE (about 35 miles; NORTH ANDOVER, MA; FT enrollment: 2,384)
- BUNKER HILL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 37 miles; BOSTON, MA; FT enrollment: 3,638)
- SUFFOLK UNIVERSITY (about 38 miles; BOSTON, MA; FT enrollment: 5,291)
- TUFTS UNIVERSITY (about 38 miles; MEDFORD, MA; FT enrollment: 8,627)
Public high school in Rockport:
- ROCKPORT HIGH (Students: 301; Location: 24 JERDEN'S LANE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Rockport:
- ROCKPORT ELEMENTARY (Students: 446; Location: 34 JERDEN'S LANE; Grades: PK - 05)
- ROCKPORT MIDDLE (Students: 277; Location: 26 JERDEN'S LANE; Grades: 06 - 08)
Library in Rockport:
- ROCKPORT PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $338,632; Location: 17 SCHOOL STREET; 42,679 books; 2,608 audio materials; 3,303 video materials; 175 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Rockport: Rockport Golf Club (A), Sandy Bay Historical Society (B), Rockport Art Association (C), Rockport Information Center (D).
Churches in Rockport include: First Unitarian Universalist Church (A), First United Church of Christ Congregational (B).
Cemetery: Beech Grove Cemetery (1).
Lakes: Camborne Pond (A), Cape Pond (B), Rum Rock Lake (C), Loop Pond (D).
Beaches: Pebbly Beach (A), Long Beach (B), Front Beach (C), Old Garden Beach (D), Cape Hedge Beach (E).
Rockport compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Rockport:
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNSH (1570 AM; 5 kW; BEVERLY, MA)
- WEZE (590 AM; 5 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: NEW ENGLAND CONTINENTAL MEDIA, INC.)
- WUNR (1600 AM; 20 kW; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: CHAMPION BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Rockport:
- WBOQ (104.9 FM; GLOUCESTER, MA; Owner: MARLIN BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WQSX (93.7 FM; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WBMX (98.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WXRV (92.5 FM; HAVERHILL, MA; Owner: BEANPOT BROADCASTING CORP.)
- W267AI (101.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: MCC BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WBCN (104.1 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: HEMISPHERE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WZLX (100.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF BOSTON)
- WHEB (100.3 FM; PORTSMOUTH, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
TV broadcast stations around Rockport:
- WHDN-LP (Channel 26; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GUENTER MARKSTEINER)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WCVB HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WGBH-TV (Channel 2; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WMEA-TV (Channel 26; BIDDEFORD, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WMFP (Channel 62; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: WSAH LICENSE, INC.)
- WSBK-TV (Channel 38; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: WLVI, INC.)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WGBX-TV (Channel 44; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WFXT (Channel 25; BOSTON, MA; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS INC.)
- WFXZ-CA (Channel 24; BOSTON, MA; Owner: BOSTON BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WTMU-LP (Channel 32; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ZGS BOSTON, INC.)
- WCEA-LP (Channel 58; BOSTON, MA; Owner: CHANNEL 19 TV CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.