Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,827. Estimated population in July 2005: 8,284 (+5.8% change)
Males: 3,863 (49.4%), Females: 3,964 (50.6%)
Median resident age: 38.8 years
Median household income: $49,310 (year 2000)
Median house value: $175,400 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Salisbury:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.8%)
- Hispanic (1.2%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
Ancestries: Irish (21.5%), English (16.6%), French (16.5%), Italian (14.1%), French Canadian (8.0%), United States (6.5%).
New! Massachusetts forum
Elevation: 25 feet
Land area: 5.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Salisbury
- High school or higher: 84.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.2%
- Unemployed: 3.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 27.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Salisbury town
- Never married: 27.1%
- Now married: 50.3%
- Separated: 3.3%
- Widowed: 6.7%
- Divorced: 12.6%
4.1% Foreign born (1.6% Europe, 1.0% North America, 0.7% Asia, 0.7% Africa).
Estate Agencies - at our search results for top real estate agencies. />
Realty USA - Las Vegas Buyers Broker Search new and existing homes now />
Estate Agencies - search for you found top links about top Real estate Agencies! />
estate agencies - the web's finest 4 real estate agencies sites />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MA Haverhill, (17.6 miles pop. 58,969).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (39.8 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (258.1 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: MA Salisbury, (0.0 miles MA Newburyport, (3.4 miles NH Seabrook, (4.5 miles Falls, NH (5.6 miles Hampton MA Amesbury, (6.4 miles NH Hampton, (7.1 miles .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 40 buildings, average cost: $94,900
- 1997: 37 buildings, average cost: $91,900
- 1998: 30 buildings, average cost: $84,900
- 1999: 26 buildings, average cost: $118,400
- 2000: 23 buildings, average cost: $139,300
- 2001: 24 buildings, average cost: $140,800
- 2002: 33 buildings, average cost: $138,700
- 2003: 22 buildings, average cost: $197,700
- 2004: 112 buildings, average cost: $72,300
- 2005: 128 buildings, average cost: $102,800
Latitude: 42.84 N, Longitude: 70.84 W
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (20.1%), Educational,health and social services (17.9%), Retail trade (12.2%).
Crime in Salisbury by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||1 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||12.8 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||5 ||5 ||4 ||6 |
| per 100,000 ||63.9 ||63.9 ||51.1 ||76.7 |
|Robberies ||5 ||5 ||2 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||63.9 ||63.9 ||25.6 ||51.1 |
|Assaults ||N/A ||83 ||47 ||31 |
| per 100,000 ||N/A ||1060.4 ||600.5 ||396.1 |
|Burglaries ||66 ||77 ||68 ||53 |
| per 100,000 ||843.2 ||983.8 ||868.8 ||677.1 |
|Thefts ||151 ||114 ||118 ||82 |
| per 100,000 ||1929.2 ||1456.5 ||1507.6 ||1047.7 |
|Auto thefts ||25 ||37 ||34 ||13 |
| per 100,000 ||319.4 ||472.7 ||434.4 ||166.1 |
| ||N/A ||421.7 ||316.9 ||227.8 |
Average climate in Salisbury, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Salisbury-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Massachusetts state average. It is 47% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 12.8 miles away from the Salisbury city center injured 5 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 9/29/1974, a category 3 tornado 29.2 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Hannah Webster Foster - novelist.
Hospitals/medical centers near Salisbury:
- ANNA JAQUES HOSPITAL (about 3 miles; NEWBURYPORT, MA)
- BALDPATE HOSPITAL (about 13 miles; GEORGETOWN, MA)
- EXETER HOSPITAL INC (about 14 miles; EXETER, NH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Salisbury:
- PEASE INTERNATIONAL TRADEPORT (about 16 miles; PORTSMOUTH, NH; ID: PSM)
- GENERAL EDWARD LAWRENCE LOGAN INTL (about 36 miles; BOSTON, MA; ID: BOS)
- LAURENCE G HANSCOM FLD (about 41 miles; BEDFORD, MA; ID: BED)
Other public-use airports nearest to Salisbury:
- PLUM ISLAND (about 4 miles; NEWBURYPORT, MA; ID: 2B2)
- HAMPTON AIRFIELD (about 8 miles; HAMPTON, NH; ID: 7B3)
- BEVERLY MUNI (about 19 miles; BEVERLY, MA; ID: BVY)
Amtrak stations near Salisbury:
- 13 miles: EXETER (60 LINCOLN ST.). Services: ticket office.
- 18 miles: HAVERHILL (WASHINGTON ST. @ RAILROAD SQUARE). Services: ticket office.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Salisbury:
- NORTHERN ESSEX COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 17 miles; HAVERHILL, MA; Full-time enrollment: 3,388)
- NORTH SHORE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 20 miles; DANVERS, MA; FT enrollment: 3,663)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE-MAIN CAMPUS (about 22 miles; DURHAM, NH; FT enrollment: 12,586)
- MERRIMACK COLLEGE (about 22 miles; NORTH ANDOVER, MA; FT enrollment: 2,384)
- SALEM STATE COLLEGE (about 23 miles; SALEM, MA; FT enrollment: 5,917)
- TUFTS UNIVERSITY (about 35 miles; MEDFORD, MA; FT enrollment: 8,627)
- BUNKER HILL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 36 miles; BOSTON, MA; FT enrollment: 3,638)
Public primary/middle school in Salisbury:
- SALISBURY ELEMENTARY (Students: 729; Location: 100 LAFAYETTE RD.; Grades: PK - 06)
Library in Salisbury:
- SALISBURY PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $137,853; Location: 17 ELM STREET; 25,960 books; 381 audio materials; 131 video materials; 62 serial subscriptions)
Notable location: North Pier Light (A).
Churches in Salisbury include: Star of the Sea Chapel (A), Hope Chapel (B).
Cemeteries: Green Street Cemetery (1), Maplewood Cemetery (2), Long Hill Cemetery (3), First Cemetery (4).
Rivers and creeks: Morrill Creek (A), Merrimack River (B), Shad Creek (C), Allen Creek (D), Fox Island Creek (E).
Park in Salisbury: Salisbury Beach State Reservation (1).
Salisbury compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Salisbury:
- WNBP (1450 AM; 1 kW; NEWBURYPORT, MA; Owner: RADIO NEWBURYPORT, LLC)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WGIP (1540 AM; 5 kW; EXETER, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WGIN (930 AM; 10 kW; ROCHESTER, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WDER (1320 AM; 10 kW; DERRY, NH; Owner: BLOUNT COMMUNICATIONS, INC. OF NH)
Strongest FM radio stations in Salisbury:
- WSAK (102.1 FM; HAMPTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNEF (91.7 FM; NEWBURYPORT, MA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS)
- WXRV (92.5 FM; HAVERHILL, MA; Owner: BEANPOT BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WHEB (100.3 FM; PORTSMOUTH, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WERZ (107.1 FM; EXETER, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WQSX (93.7 FM; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBOQ (104.9 FM; GLOUCESTER, MA; Owner: MARLIN BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WUBB (95.3 FM; YORK CENTER, ME; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKLB-FM (99.5 FM; LOWELL, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBMX (98.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WJMN (94.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCRB (102.5 FM; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER BROADCASTING WCRB LICE)
- WTKK (96.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBOS (92.9 FM; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WROR-FM (105.7 FM; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WGBH (89.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- W227AM (93.3 FM; ANDOVER, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBCN (104.1 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: HEMISPHERE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
TV broadcast stations around Salisbury:
- WHDN-LP (Channel 26; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GUENTER MARKSTEINER)
- WFXZ-CA (Channel 24; BOSTON, MA; Owner: BOSTON BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WMEA-TV (Channel 26; BIDDEFORD, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WCVB HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WGBH-TV (Channel 2; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WHDH-TV (Channel 7; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WHDH-TV)
- WMFP (Channel 62; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: WSAH LICENSE, INC.)
- WSBK-TV (Channel 38; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: WLVI, INC.)
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WGBX-TV (Channel 44; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WFXT (Channel 25; BOSTON, MA; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS INC.)
- WTMU-LP (Channel 32; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ZGS BOSTON, INC.)
- WCEA-LP (Channel 58; BOSTON, MA; Owner: CHANNEL 19 TV CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.