Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,460
Males: 3,022 (46.8%), Females: 3,438 (53.2%)
Median resident age: 44.4 years
Median household income: $35,597 (year 2000)
Median house value: $143,000 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in West Yarmouth:
- White Non-Hispanic (92.2%)
- Two or more races (2.4%)
- Black (2.0%)
- Hispanic (1.7%)
- Other race (1.5%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
Ancestries: Irish (23.5%), English (16.8%), Italian (11.0%), German (6.1%), French (6.0%), United States (5.3%).
New! Yarmouth, Massachusetts forum
Elevation: 20 feet
Land area: 6.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in West Yarmouth
- High school or higher: 88.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 22.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.0%
- Unemployed: 4.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in West Yarmouth CDP
- Never married: 20.4%
- Now married: 50.2%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 10.9%
- Divorced: 15.4%
7.8% Foreign born (4.5% Latin America, 2.3% Europe).
Cape Cod Coastal - all Current MLS Properties Lots of Local Community Resources! />
Summer Rentals - & outside pics, maps, info 100's of choices all sizes & prices /> Massachusetts. />
Central Mass Property - real estate experts Save with us! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MA Plymouth, (35.8 miles pop. 51,701).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (74.2 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (260.6 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Yarmouth, MA (3.4 miles South MA Yarmouth, (4.1 miles Port, MA (4.2 miles Yarmouth Dennis, MA (5.9 miles West MA Dennis, (6.8 miles Dennis, MA (7.0 miles South Town, MA Barnstable (7.4 miles
Latitude: 41.65 N, Longitude: 70.25 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (22.8%), Retail trade (14.4%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (13.9%), Construction (11.2%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,087 (-16.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 374 (12.8%)
Average climate in West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near West Yarmouth:
- CAPE COD HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; HYANNIS, MA)
- REHAB HOSP OF THE CAPE AND ISLANDS (about 15 miles; EAST SANDWICH, MA)
- CAPE COD & ISLANDS MENTAL HLTH CTR (about 26 miles; POCASSET, MA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to West Yarmouth:
- BARNSTABLE MUNI-BOARDMAN/POLANDO FIELD (about 2 miles; HYANNIS, MA; ID: HYA)
- MARTHAS VINEYARD (about 31 miles; VINEYARD HAVEN, MA; ID: MVY)
- NANTUCKET MEMORIAL (about 31 miles; NANTUCKET, MA; ID: ACK)
Other public-use airports nearest to West Yarmouth:
- CAPE COD (about 11 miles; MARSTON MILLS, MA; ID: 2B1)
- CHATHAM MUNI (about 19 miles; CHATHAM, MA; ID: CQX)
- OTIS ANGB (about 19 miles; FALMOUTH, MA; ID: FMH)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to West Yarmouth:
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS-DARTMOUTH (about 52 miles; NORTH DARTMOUTH, MA; Full-time enrollment: 6,071)
- BRIDGEWATER STATE COLLEGE (about 56 miles; BRIDGEWATER, MA; FT enrollment: 6,843)
- MASSASOIT COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 61 miles; BROCKTON, MA; FT enrollment: 4,161)
- BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 62 miles; FALL RIVER, MA; FT enrollment: 3,497)
- STONEHILL COLLEGE (about 65 miles; EASTON, MA; FT enrollment: 2,374)
- QUINCY COLLEGE (about 67 miles; QUINCY, MA; FT enrollment: 2,528)
- BABSON COLLEGE (about 69 miles; WELLESLEY, MA; FT enrollment: 2,659)
Public primary/middle schools in West Yarmouth:
- MATTACHEESE MIDDLE SCH (Students: 675; Location: 440 HIGGINS CROWELL; Grades: 06 - 08)
- MARGUERITE E SMALL ELEM (Students: 375; Location: 400 HIGGINS CROWELL; Grades: PK - 05)
Notable locations in West Yarmouth: Baxters Mill (A), Christmas Tree Plaza (B).
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Jabinettes Pond (A), Lewis Pond (B), Horse Pond (C), Bassetts Lot Pond (D), Big Sandy Pond (E), Little Sandy Pond (F), Mill Pond (G), Parkers River Marshes (H).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Parkers River (A), Town Brook (B), Thornton Brook (C), Mill Creek (D), Plashes Brook (E), Pine Island Creek (F).
Beaches: Englewood Beach (A), Sea Gull Beach (B), Bay View Street Beach (C).
West Yarmouth compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in West Yarmouth:
- WBUR (1240 AM; 1 kW; WEST YARMOUTH, MA; Owner: THE EXEC. COMM. OF TRTS. BOSTON U)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WPLM (1390 AM; 5 kW; PLYMOUTH, MA; Owner: PLYMOUTH ROCK BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WFPB (1170 AM; daytime; 1 kW; ORLEANS, MA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS)
Strongest FM radio stations in West Yarmouth:
- WXTK (95.1 FM; WEST YARMOUTH, MA; Owner: BOCH BROADCASTING LTD. PARTNERSHIP)
- WPXC (102.9 FM; HYANNIS, MA; Owner: QANTUM OF CAPE COD LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WCOD-FM (106.1 FM; HYANNIS, MA; Owner: BOCH BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- WQRC (99.9 FM; BARNSTABLE, MA; Owner: SANDAB COMMUNICATION LTD. PNR/SHP II)
- WOCN-FM (103.9 FM; SOUTH YARMOUTH, MA; Owner: SANDAB COMMUNICATIONS LTD. PARTNERSHIP II)
- WKKL (90.7 FM; WEST BARNSTABLE, MA; Owner: CAPE COD COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WKPE-FM (104.7 FM; ORLEANS, MA; Owner: CRB WKPE LIC CORP.)
- WFCC-FM (107.5 FM; CHATHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER B/CING WFCC LIC. CORP.)
- WDVT (93.5 FM; HARWICH PORT, MA; Owner: BOCH BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- WCIB (101.9 FM; FALMOUTH, MA; Owner: QANTUM OF CAPE COD LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WRZE (96.3 FM; NANTUCKET, MA; Owner: QANTUM OF CAPE COD LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WCCT-FM (90.3 FM; HARWICH, MA; Owner: CAPE COD REGIONAL TECH HIGH SCHOOL)
- WSDH (91.5 FM; SANDWICH, MA; Owner: SANDWICH MASS. PUBLIC SCHOOLS)
TV broadcast stations around West Yarmouth:
- WDPX (Channel 58; VINEYARD HAVEN, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WMPX-LP (Channel 67; DENNIS, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- W08CH (Channel 8; HYANNIS, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.