Zip Code, Radio Stations, Crime Rate, Population, Weather Forecast, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 17,997. Estimated population in July 2005: 18,732 (+4.1% change)
Males: 8,946 (49.7%), Females: 9,051 (50.3%)
Zip codes: .
Median resident age: 36.9 years
Median household income: $73,418 (year 2000)
Median house value: $262,200 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Westborough:
- White Non-Hispanic (85.8%)
- Asian Indian (4.1%)
- Hispanic (3.3%)
- Chinese (2.3%)
- Black (1.4%)
- Two or more races (1.4%)
- Korean (0.8%)
- Other race (0.8%)
- Other Asian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Irish (21.9%), English (13.1%), Italian (11.2%), German (7.9%), French (5.6%), United States (3.9%).Massachusetts
Elevation: 300 feet
Land area: 1.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Westborough
- High school or higher: 93.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 53.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 23.9%
- Unemployed: 3.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Westborough town
- Never married: 24.3%
- Now married: 61.9%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 5.0%
- Divorced: 7.8%
14.1% Foreign born (6.6% Asia, 3.4% Europe, 2.0% Latin America).
Charlestown Realty - Charlestown, MA MLS Listings Your Satisfaction is Our Priority! /> Massachusetts. />
Central Mass Property - real estate experts Save with us! />
Ma Real Estate - Real Estate Start Searching today />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MA Worcester, (12.8 miles pop. 172,648).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (36.5 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (191.6 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: MA (0.0 miles Westborough, MA Northborough, (3.6 miles MA (6.2 miles Cordaville, MA (6.4 miles Grafton, MA (6.7 miles Upton, Upton, MA (6.8 miles Upton-West MA (6.8 miles Southborough,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 54 buildings, average cost: $194,700
- 1997: 100 buildings, average cost: $151,100
- 1998: 93 buildings, average cost: $140,200
- 1999: 44 buildings, average cost: $174,700
- 2000: 0 buildings
- 2001: 44 buildings, average cost: $182,900
- 2002: 21 buildings, average cost: $288,000
- 2003: 11 buildings, average cost: $340,100
- 2004: 43 buildings, average cost: $285,800
- 2005: 23 buildings, average cost: $239,900
Latitude: 42.27 N, Longitude: 71.62 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.3%), Manufacturing (16.6%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (14.4%), Retail trade (11.0%).
Crime in Westborough by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||1 ||4 ||8 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||5.6 ||22.2 ||44.5 ||16.7 |
|Robberies ||1 ||2 ||4 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||5.6 ||11.1 ||22.2 ||27.8 |
|Assaults ||52 ||45 ||17 ||22 |
| per 100,000 ||288.9 ||250.0 ||94.5 ||122.2 |
|Burglaries ||80 ||44 ||62 ||46 |
| per 100,000 ||444.5 ||244.5 ||344.5 ||255.6 |
|Thefts ||240 ||226 ||221 ||195 |
| per 100,000 ||1333.6 ||1255.8 ||1228.0 ||1083.5 |
|Auto thefts ||25 ||37 ||16 ||28 |
| per 100,000 ||138.9 ||205.6 ||88.9 ||155.6 |
| ||157.2 ||146.0 ||123.7 ||113.1 |
Average climate in Westborough, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Westborough-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Massachusetts state average. It is 16% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 7.0 miles away from the Westborough city center killed 90 people and injured 1228 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 6/9/1953, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 12.6 miles away from the city center injured 17 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Eli Whitney - (1765-1825), cotton gin, interchangeable parts, Esther Forbes.
Main business address for: APPLIX INC /MA/ (SERVICES-PREPACKAGED SOFTWARE), TC PIPELINES LP (NATURAL GAS TRANSMISSION), ARCH WIRELESS INC (RADIO TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS), NEW ENGLAND POWER CO (ELECTRIC SERVICES), AMERICAN SUPERCONDUCTOR CORP /DE/ (MOTORS & GENERATORS), SWITCHBOARD INC (SERVICES-BUSINESS SERVICES, NEC), ASCENTIAL SOFTWARE CORP (SERVICES-PREPACKAGED SOFTWARE).
Hospitals/medical centers in Westborough:
Other hospitals/medical centers near Westborough:
- WESTBOROUGH ST HOSP DANIELS BLDG (LYMAN ST PO BOX 288)
- WHITTIER REHAB HOSPITAL-WESTBOROUGH (150 FLANDERS ROAD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Westborough:
- MARLBOROUGH HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; MARLBOROUGH, MA)
- WORCESTER COUNTY HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; BOYLSTON, MA)
- MILFORD WHITINSVILLE REG HOSPITAL (about 11 miles; MILFORD, MA)
Other public-use airports nearest to Westborough:
- WORCESTER REGIONAL (about 18 miles; WORCESTER, MA; ID: ORH)
- LAURENCE G HANSCOM FLD (about 27 miles; BEDFORD, MA; ID: BED)
- THEODORE FRANCIS GREEN STATE (about 41 miles; PROVIDENCE, RI; ID: PVD)
- MARLBORO (about 10 miles; MARLBORO, MA; ID: 9B1)
- HOPEDALE INDUSTRIAL PARK (about 15 miles; HOPEDALE, MA; ID: 1B6)
- MINUTE MAN AIR FIELD (about 15 miles; STOW, MA; ID: 6B6)
Amtrak stations near Westborough:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Westborough:
- 13 miles: WORCESTER (WORCHESTER, 45 SHREWSBURY ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 14 miles: FRAMINGHAM (443 WAVERLY ST.). Services: public payphones, snack bar, paid short-term parking, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Public high school in Westborough:
- QUINSIGAMOND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 13 miles; WORCESTER, MA; Full-time enrollment: 3,359)
- COLLEGE OF THE HOLY CROSS (about 14 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 2,808)
- CLARK UNIVERSITY (about 14 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 2,563)
- WORCESTER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE (about 14 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 3,426)
- ASSUMPTION COLLEGE (about 14 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 2,356)
- FRAMINGHAM STATE COLLEGE (about 14 miles; FRAMINGHAM, MA; FT enrollment: 4,185)
- WORCESTER STATE COLLEGE (about 16 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 3,846)
Public primary/middle schools in Westborough:
- WESTBOROUGH HIGH (Students: 1,020; Location: 90 WEST MAIN STREET; Grades: 09 - 12)
Library in Westborough:
- MILL POND SCHOOL (Students: 830; Location: 6 OLDE HICKORY PATH; Grades: 04 - 06)
- SARAH W GIBBONS MIDDLE (Students: 571; Location: 20 FISHER STREET; Grades: 07 - 08)
- ELSIE A HASTINGS ELEM (Students: 409; Location: 111 EAST MAIN STREET; Grades: PK - 03)
- J HARDING ARMSTRONG (Students: 374; Location: 50 WEST STREET; Grades: KG - 03)
- ANNIE E FALES (Students: 303; Location: ELI WHITNEY STREET; Grades: KG - 03)
- CENTRAL/WEST DISTRICT (Location: P. O. BOX 1320; Grades: 00 - 00)
- WESTBOROUGH PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $636,860; Location: 55 WEST MAIN ST.; 78,796 books; 3,041 audio materials; 1,845 video materials; 238 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Westborough: Westboro Country Club (A), Westborough Country Club (B), Westborough Town Hall (C), Westborough Public Library (D).
Shopping Center: Iandolis Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Westborough include: Unitarin Church of Westboro (A), Saint Stephens Episcopal Church (B), Saint Lukes Church (C), Evangelical Congregational Church (D), First Baptist Church of Westboro (E), First United Methodist Church (F).
Cemeteries: Midland Cemetery (1), Pine Grove Cemetery (2).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Jackstraw Brook (A).
Park in Westborough: West Main Street Historic District (1).
Post office: (A).
Westborough compared to Massachusetts state average:
Strongest AM radio stations in Westborough:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest FM radio stations in Westborough:
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WAZN (1470 AM; 7 kW; MARLBOROUGH, MA; Owner: MULTICULTURAL RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WTAG (580 AM; 5 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WORC (1310 AM; 5 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CHOWDER BROADCAST GROUP LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Westborough:
- WAAF (107.3 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WICN (90.5 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: WICN PUBLIC RADIO, INC)
- WSRS (96.1 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBMX (98.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WJMN (94.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCRB (102.5 FM; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER BROADCASTING WCRB LICE)
- WTKK (96.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WROR-FM (105.7 FM; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBOS (92.9 FM; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WGBH (89.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WBUR-FM (90.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: TRUSTEES OF BOSTON UNIVERSITY)
- WXLO (104.5 FM; FITCHBURG, MA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WODS (103.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WFEX (92.1 FM; PETERBOROUGH, NH; Owner: FNX BROADCASTING OF NEW HAMPSHIRE LLC)
- WWKX (106.3 FM; WOONSOCKET, RI; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WWBB (101.5 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHHB (99.9 FM; HOLLISTON, MA; Owner: HOLLISTON HIGH SCHOOL)
- WBCN (104.1 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: HEMISPHERE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WUNI (Channel 27; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WUTF (Channel 66; MARLBOROUGH, MA; Owner: TELEFUTURA BOSTON LLC)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WCVB HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WGBH-TV (Channel 2; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WMFP (Channel 62; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: WSAH LICENSE, INC.)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WGBX-TV (Channel 44; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WHDH-TV (Channel 7; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WHDH-TV)
- WSBK-TV (Channel 38; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: WLVI, INC.)
- WFXT (Channel 25; BOSTON, MA; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS INC.)
- W40BO (Channel 40; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WPXQ (Channel 69; BLOCK ISLAND, RI; Owner: OCEAN STATE TELEVISION, L.L.C.)
- WNAC-TV (Channel 64; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: WNAC, LLC)
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WYDN (Channel 48; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL PUBLIC TV CORPORATION)
- WPRI-TV (Channel 12; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: TVL BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- WLNE-TV (Channel 6; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: FREEDOM BROADCASTING OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND, INC.)
- WJAR (Channel 10; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: OUTLET BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WWDP (Channel 46; NORWELL, MA; Owner: NORWELL TELEVISION, LLC)
- WTMU-LP (Channel 32; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ZGS BOSTON, INC.)
- WCEA-LP (Channel 58; BOSTON, MA; Owner: CHANNEL 19 TV CORPORATION)
- WSBE-TV (Channel 36; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: RHODE ISLAND PUBLIC TELECOM. AUTHORITY)
- WCRN-LP (Channel 34; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.