Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 53,988. Estimated population in July 2005: 53,788 (-0.4% change)
Males: 25,640 (47.5%), Females: 28,348 (52.5%)
Zip codes: .
Median resident age: 38.4 years
Median household income: $51,665 (year 2000)
Median house value: $182,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Weymouth:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.0%)
- Black (1.4%)
- Hispanic (1.3%)
- Two or more races (1.2%)
- Other race (0.6%)
- Asian Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: Irish (39.9%), Italian (17.7%), English (12.9%), German (5.3%), United States (4.9%), French (4.1%).
New! Massachusetts forum
Elevation: 90 feet
Land area: 17.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Weymouth
- High school or higher: 90.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 26.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.7%
- Unemployed: 4.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Weymouth town
- Never married: 29.0%
- Now married: 53.1%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 7.4%
- Divorced: 8.9%
5.4% Foreign born (2.1% Europe, 1.2% Latin America, 0.9% Asia, 0.6% North America, 0.6% Africa).
Ma - Rates, Photos, and Hotel Info. Reserve Online or Call 866-90-Rooms />
Apartments - through thousands of no fee apartments in the Boston area. />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (12.7 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (229.1 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: MA (0.0 miles Weymouth, MA Braintree, (3.7 miles MA Hingham, (4.6 miles MA Quincy, (5.6 miles MA (5.6 miles Rockland, MA (6.0 miles Holbrook,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 59 buildings, average cost: $122,700
- 1997: 75 buildings, average cost: $145,400
- 1998: 57 buildings, average cost: $146,800
- 1999: 33 buildings, average cost: $142,900
- 2000: 42 buildings, average cost: $187,900
- 2001: 41 buildings, average cost: $194,000
- 2002: 59 buildings, average cost: $190,000
- 2003: 58 buildings, average cost: $199,900
- 2004: 70 buildings, average cost: $166,900
- 2005: 50 buildings, average cost: $213,000
Latitude: 42.21 N, Longitude: 70.95 W
Area codes: 781, 339, 617
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (19.9%), Retail trade (13.3%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (11.7%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.8%).
Crime in Weymouth by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||8 ||4 ||5 ||10 ||8 |
| per 100,000 ||14.8 ||7.4 ||9.3 ||18.5 ||14.8 |
|Robberies ||15 ||13 ||24 ||38 ||35 |
| per 100,000 ||27.8 ||24.1 ||44.5 ||70.4 ||64.8 |
|Assaults ||143 ||164 ||192 ||139 ||94 |
| per 100,000 ||264.9 ||303.8 ||355.6 ||257.5 ||174.1 |
|Burglaries ||109 ||189 ||117 ||142 ||186 |
| per 100,000 ||201.9 ||350.1 ||216.7 ||263.0 ||344.5 |
|Thefts ||564 ||593 ||563 ||591 ||591 |
| per 100,000 ||1044.7 ||1098.4 ||1042.8 ||1094.7 ||1094.7 |
|Auto thefts ||110 ||86 ||104 ||104 ||78 |
| per 100,000 ||203.7 ||159.3 ||192.6 ||192.6 ||144.5 |
| ||139.5 ||152.1 ||160.5 ||157.6 ||139.7 |
Average climate in Weymouth, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Weymouth-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Massachusetts state average. It is 49% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 40.0 miles away from the Weymouth city center killed 90 people and injured 1228 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 6/9/1953, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 20.5 miles away from the city center injured 17 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Gilbert N. Lewis, Abigail Adams - (1744-1818), First Lady of the United States, Paul Zukauskas - 2005 NFL player (San Francisco 49ers, born: Jul 12, 1979), Chris Corcoran - Major League Soccer player (MetroStars, born: Mar 30, 1983), Mark Flavin - College basketball player (Maine Black Bears).
Hospitals/medical centers near Weymouth:
- SOUTH SHORE HOSPITAL (about 3 miles; SOUTH WEYMOUTH, MA)
- HEALTHSOUTH BRAINTREE REHAB HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; BRAINTREE, MA)
- NORTHEAST SPECIALTY HOSP BRAINTREE (about 4 miles; BRAINTREE, MA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Weymouth:
- GENERAL EDWARD LAWRENCE LOGAN INTL (about 11 miles; BOSTON, MA; ID: BOS)
- LAURENCE G HANSCOM FLD (about 30 miles; BEDFORD, MA; ID: BED)
- THEODORE FRANCIS GREEN STATE (about 47 miles; PROVIDENCE, RI; ID: PVD)
Other public-use airports nearest to Weymouth:
- CRANLAND (about 16 miles; HANSON, MA; ID: 28M)
- NORWOOD MEMORIAL (about 16 miles; NORWOOD, MA; ID: OWD)
- MONPONSETT POND (about 17 miles; HALIFAX, MA; ID: MA6)
Amtrak stations near Weymouth:
- 13 miles: BOSTON (SO. STA) (BOSTON, ATLANTIC AVE. & SUMMER ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities and snack bar, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
- 14 miles: BACK BAY (BOSTON, 145 DARTMOUTH ST.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 14 miles: BOSTON, NORTH STATION (BOSTON, 126 CAUSEWAY ST.). Services: ticket office, enclosed waiting area.
College/University in Weymouth:
- SINNOTT SCHOOL (Location: 210 WINTER ST STE 204; Private, not-for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Weymouth:
- QUINCY COLLEGE (about 5 miles; QUINCY, MA; Full-time enrollment: 2,528)
- MASSASOIT COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 10 miles; BROCKTON, MA; FT enrollment: 4,161)
- BABSON COLLEGE (about 11 miles; WELLESLEY, MA; FT enrollment: 2,659)
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS-BOSTON (about 11 miles; BOSTON, MA; FT enrollment: 9,248)
- EMERSON COLLEGE (about 14 miles; Boston, MA; FT enrollment: 3,697)
- SUFFOLK UNIVERSITY (about 14 miles; BOSTON, MA; FT enrollment: 5,291)
- STONEHILL COLLEGE (about 14 miles; EASTON, MA; FT enrollment: 2,374)
Private high school in Weymouth:
- SOUTH SHORE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 325; Location: 45 BROAD ST; Grades: PK - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Weymouth:
- WEYMOUTH HIGH/PLEASANT ST (Students: 1,363; Location: 360 PLEASANT STREET; Grades: 07 - 09)
- WILLIAM SEACH (Students: 365; Location: 770 MIDDLE STREET; Grades: PK - 04)
- ACADEMY AVENUE (Students: 307; Location: 94 ACADEMY AVENUE; Grades: KG - 04)
- FREDERICK C MURPHY (Students: 289; Location: 417 FRONT STREET; Grades: KG - 04)
- LAWRENCE W PINGREE (Students: 268; Location: 1250 COMMERCIAL STREET; Grades: KG - 04)
- THOMAS V NASH (Students: 258; Location: 1003 FRONT STREET; Grades: KG - 04)
- JOHNSON ECC (Students: 253; Location: 70 PEARL STREET; Grades: PK - PK)
Private primary/middle schools in Weymouth:
- SACRED HEART ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 318; Location: 75 COMMERCIAL STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
- FIRST BAPTIST CHRISTIAN (Students: 119; Location: 40 WEST STREET; Grades: PK - 6)
- JUST RIGHT CHILD CARE (Students: 45; Location: 16 CHURCH STREET; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in Weymouth:
- TUFTS LIBRARY (Operating income: $1,202,577; Location: 46 BROAD ST.; 134,519 books; 2,916 audio materials; 1,380 video materials; 515 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Weymouth: Legion Field (A), Libby Field (B), Negus Playground (C), Route 3 Industrial Park (D), Tirrell Playground (E), Weymouth Industrial Park (F), Weymouth Village (G), Abigal Adams House Museum (H), Weymouth Townhall (I), Weymouth Historical Society (J), Weymouth Agricultural and Industrial Society (K), Fogg Library (L).
Shopping Centers: Pleasant Shops Shopping Center (1), Pleasant Shops Shopping Center (2), Weymouth Shopping Center (3), Weymouth Village Shopping Center (4), Harbor Light Mall Shopping Center (5), Harborlight Mall (6).
Churches in Weymouth include: Weymouth United Methodist Church (A), Unitarian Universalist Church (B), Church of the Holy Nativity (C), Colonial Hills Baptist Church (D), Community Baptist Church (E), South Weymouth Church of the Nazarene (F), East Weymouth Church (G), Saint Jerome Parish Hall (H).
Cemeteries: Fairmount Cemetery (1), Saint Francis Xavier Cemetery (2), Lakeview Cemetery (3), Village Cemetery (4), Elmwood Cemetery (5), North Weymouth Cemetery (6), Highland Cemetery (7).
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Elias Pond (A), Whortleberry Pond (B), Cranberry Pond (C), Ellias Pond (D), Weymouth Great Pond (E), Whitmans Pond (F), Weymouth Back River Marshes (G), Weymouth Fore River Marshes (H).
Rivers: Old Swamp River (A), Mill River (B), Fresh River (C).
Parks in Weymouth include: House Rock Park (1), Robert S Hoffman Park (2), Clapp Memorial Park (3), Great Hill Park (4), Webb Park (5), Newell Playground (6), Beals Park (7), Gagnon Park (8), Weston Park (9).
Beach: Wessagusset Beach (A).
Post offices: South Weymouth Post Office (A), East Weymouth Post Office (B), North Weymouth Post Office (C).
Weymouth compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Weymouth:
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WMKI (1260 AM; 5 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WJDA (1300 AM; 1 kW; QUINCY, MA)
- WUNR (1600 AM; 20 kW; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: CHAMPION BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEZE (590 AM; 5 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: NEW ENGLAND CONTINENTAL MEDIA, INC.)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Weymouth:
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- W267AI (101.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: MCC BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WBCN (104.1 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: HEMISPHERE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WZLX (100.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF BOSTON)
- WERS (88.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: EMERSON COLLEGE)
- WBMX (98.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WBOS (92.9 FM; BROOKLINE, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WHRB (95.3 FM; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: HARVARD RADIO BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WJMN (94.5 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCRB (102.5 FM; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: CHARLES RIVER BROADCASTING WCRB LICE)
- WTKK (96.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WROR-FM (105.7 FM; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBUR-FM (90.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: TRUSTEES OF BOSTON UNIVERSITY)
- WGBH (89.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WUMB-FM (91.9 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: THE UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS)
- WODS (103.3 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WBOT (97.7 FM; BROCKTON, MA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WRPS (88.3 FM; ROCKLAND, MA; Owner: ROCKLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS)
- WQSX (93.7 FM; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Weymouth:
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WCVB HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WWDP (Channel 46; NORWELL, MA; Owner: NORWELL TELEVISION, LLC)
- WGBH-TV (Channel 2; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WTMU-LP (Channel 32; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ZGS BOSTON, INC.)
- WCEA-LP (Channel 58; BOSTON, MA; Owner: CHANNEL 19 TV CORPORATION)
- WHDH-TV (Channel 7; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WHDH-TV)
- WMFP (Channel 62; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: WSAH LICENSE, INC.)
- WSBK-TV (Channel 38; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: WLVI, INC.)
- WFXT (Channel 25; BOSTON, MA; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS INC.)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WGBX-TV (Channel 44; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- W40BO (Channel 40; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WLNE-TV (Channel 6; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: FREEDOM BROADCASTING OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND, INC.)
- WUTF (Channel 66; MARLBOROUGH, MA; Owner: TELEFUTURA BOSTON LLC)
- WPRI-TV (Channel 12; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: TVL BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- WNAC-TV (Channel 64; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: WNAC, LLC)
- WLWC (Channel 28; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: C-28 FCC LICENSEE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- WJAR (Channel 10; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: OUTLET BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSBE-TV (Channel 36; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: RHODE ISLAND PUBLIC TELECOM. AUTHORITY)
- WFXZ-CA (Channel 24; BOSTON, MA; Owner: BOSTON BROADCASTING CORP.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.