Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,424. Estimated population in July 2005: 8,238 (-2.2% change)
Males: 3,939 (46.8%), Females: 4,485 (53.2%)
Median resident age: 35.6 years
Median household income: $51,875 (year 2000)
Median house value: $168,400 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Williamstown:
- White Non-Hispanic (89.2%)
- Hispanic (2.8%)
- Black (2.7%)
- Two or more races (2.4%)
- Chinese (1.1%)
- Other race (0.8%)
- Korean (0.7%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
- Asian Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: English (18.7%), Irish (15.3%), German (12.9%), Italian (9.7%), French (7.0%), Polish (5.9%).
New! Massachusetts forum
Elevation: 638 feet
Land area: 3.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Williamstown
- High school or higher: 88.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 53.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 29.1%
- Unemployed: 6.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 13.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Williamstown town
- Never married: 37.4%
- Now married: 45.1%
- Separated: 0.5%
- Widowed: 10.7%
- Divorced: 6.3%
7.5% Foreign born (3.4% Europe, 1.8% Asia, 1.1% Latin America, 0.8% North America).
and Sun Condominium - Condo in Samui,Thailand Fully facilities and service />
Condos - a Free List of all new Listings - Condos from 300k and up />
Apartments - apartments, great locations. Great rates, from €24 per person! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Albany, (40.3 miles pop. 95,658).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Bay, NY (129.5 miles Oyster pop. 293,925).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (147.3 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: MA (0.0 miles Williamstown, VT (4.7 miles Pownal, Adams, MA (5.8 miles North Ashford, MA (7.8 miles New MA (8.0 miles Adams, VT (9.4 miles Stamford, MA (10.5 miles Cheshire,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 12 buildings, average cost: $211,200
- 1997: 10 buildings, average cost: $154,200
- 1998: 17 buildings, average cost: $224,400
- 1999: 10 buildings, average cost: $395,800
- 2000: 4 buildings, average cost: $212,100
- 2001: 13 buildings, average cost: $250,400
- 2002: 15 buildings, average cost: $250,400
- 2003: 15 buildings, average cost: $498,700
- 2004: 16 buildings, average cost: $251,900
- 2005: 12 buildings, average cost: $527,700
Latitude: 42.71 N, Longitude: 73.20 W
Area code: 413
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (51.3%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (11.3%).
Crime in Williamstown (2002):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 5 rapes (58.6 per 100,000)
- 0 robberies (0.0 per 100,000)
- 23 assaults (269.7 per 100,000)
- 14 burglaries (164.2 per 100,000)
- 151 thefts (1770.6 per 100,000)
- 10 auto thefts (117.3 per 100,000) crime index = 171.2 (higher means more crime, US average = 328.4)
Crime in Williamstown (2003):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 6 rapes (71.9 per 100,000)
- 0 robberies (0.0 per 100,000)
- 9 assaults (107.9 per 100,000)
- 43 burglaries (515.6 per 100,000)
- 164 thefts (1966.4 per 100,000)
- 6 auto thefts (71.9 per 100,000) crime index = 169.2 (higher means more crime, US average = 321.8)
Average climate in Williamstown, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Williamstown-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Massachusetts state average. It is 18% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/28/1973, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 25.2 miles away from the Williamstown city center killed 4 people and injured 36 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/31/1998, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.3 miles away from the city center injured 68 people and caused $71 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Williamstown:
- NORTH ADAMS REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 7 miles; NORTH ADAMS, MA)
- SOUTHWESTERN VERMONT MEDICAL CENTER (about 12 miles; BENNINGTON, VT)
- BERKSHIRE MEDICAL CENTER INC (about 19 miles; PITTSFIELD, MA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Williamstown:
- ALBANY INTL (about 42 miles; ALBANY, NY; ID: ALB)
- FLOYD BENNETT MEMORIAL (about 52 miles; GLENS FALLS, NY; ID: GFL)
- BARNES MUNI (about 52 miles; WESTFIELD/SPRINGFIELD, MA; ID: BAF)
Other public-use airports nearest to Williamstown:
- HARRIMAN-AND-WEST (about 3 miles; NORTH ADAMS, MA; ID: AQW)
- WILLIAM H. MORSE STATE (about 13 miles; BENNINGTON, VT; ID: DDH)
- PITTSFIELD MUNI (about 21 miles; PITTSFIELD, MA; ID: PSF)
Amtrak station near Williamstown:
- 19 miles: PITTSFIELD (DEPOT ST. BTW NORTH & CENTER STS.). Services: enclosed waiting area, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, taxi stand, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
College/University in Williamstown:
- WILLIAMS COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 2,047; Location: 880 MAIN ST; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.williams.edu; Offers Master's degree)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Williamstown:
- RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE (about 33 miles; TROY, NY; Full-time enrollment: 7,150)
- HUDSON VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 33 miles; TROY, NY; FT enrollment: 6,337)
- SIENA COLLEGE (about 40 miles; LOUDONVILLE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,001)
- EXCELSIOR COLLEGE (about 44 miles; ALBANY, NY; FT enrollment: 7,096)
- THE COLLEGE OF SAINT ROSE (about 44 miles; ALBANY, NY; FT enrollment: 3,116)
- WESTFIELD STATE COLLEGE (about 45 miles; WESTFIELD, MA; FT enrollment: 4,058)
- SUNY AT ALBANY (about 45 miles; ALBANY, NY; FT enrollment: 14,168)
Public high school in Williamstown:
- MT GREYLOCK REG HIGH (Students: 768; Location: 1781 COLD SPRING RD; Grades: 07 - 12)
Private high school in Williamstown:
- BUXTON SCHOOL (Students: 94; Location: 291 SOUTH STREET PO BOX 646; Grades: 9 - 12)
Public primary/middle school in Williamstown:
- WILLIAMSTOWN ELEMENTARY (Students: 542; Location: 115 CHURCH STREET; Grades: PK - 06)
Private primary/middle school in Williamstown:
- PINE COBBLE SCHOOL (Students: 145; Location: 163 GALE ROAD; Grades: PK - 9)
Library in Williamstown:
- DAVID & JOYCE MILNE PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $331,831; Location: 1095 MAIN STREET; 46,019 books; 2,501 audio materials; 2,928 video materials; 306 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Williamstown: Taconic Golf Course (A), Clark Art Museum (B), Adams Memorial Theatre (C), Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute (D), Harper Center Senior Citizens Center (E), Williamstown Municipal Building (F), Williamstown House of Local History (G), Williamstown Fire Station (H), Williams College Museum of Art (I), Elizabeth S Botsford Memorial Library (J).
Shopping Centers: Colonial Shopping Center (1), Grand Union Shopping Center (2).
Churches in Williamstown include: Thompson Memorial Chapel (A), Saint Raphaels Roman Catholic Church (B), Saint Patricks Roman Catholic Church (C), Saint Johns Episcopal Church (D), First Baptist Church (E), First Congregational Church (F), First United Methodist Church (G).
Cemeteries: Eastlawn Cemetery (1), College Cemetery (2).
Lake: Eph Pond (A).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Buxton Brook (A), Paull Brook (B), Phoebes Brook (C), Green River (D).
Parks in Williamstown include: Denison Park (1), Mill Village Historic District (2), Cole Field (3), Weston Field (4), Linear Park (5).
Post office: (A).
Williamstown compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Williamstown:
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WNAW (1230 AM; 1 kW; NORTH ADAMS, MA; Owner: BERKSHIRE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WUHN (1110 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PITTSFIELD, MA; Owner: WEINER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
- WROW (590 AM; 5 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WBTN (1370 AM; 1 kW; BENNINGTON, VT; Owner: SOUTHERN VERMONT COLLEGE)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WIZZ (1520 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GREENFIELD, MA; Owner: P. & M. RADIO, LLC)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Williamstown:
- WAMC-FM (90.3 FM; ALBANY, NY; Owner: WAMC)
- WCFM (91.9 FM; WILLIAMSTOWN, MA; Owner: THE PRES. & TRUSTEES OF WILLIAMS COL)
- WZEC (97.5 FM; HOOSICK FALLS, NY; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, LLC)
- WMNB (100.1 FM; NORTH ADAMS, MA; Owner: BERKSHIRE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WEQX (102.7 FM; MANCHESTER, VT; Owner: NORTHSHIRE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJAN (95.1 FM; SUNDERLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WVAY (100.7 FM; WILMINGTON, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WBEC-FM (105.5 FM; PITTSFIELD, MA; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, LLC)
- WJJR (98.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WZRT (97.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WUPE (95.9 FM; PITTSFIELD, MA; Owner: WEINER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHVP (91.1 FM; HUDSON, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WEBK (105.3 FM; KILLINGTON, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WNGN (91.9 FM; ARGYLE, NY; Owner: NORTHEAST GOSPEL BROADCASTING INC)
- WAMQ (105.1 FM; GREAT BARRINGTON, MA; Owner: WAMC)
- WRSY (101.5 FM; MARLBORO, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WBRK-FM (101.7 FM; PITTSFIELD, MA; Owner: WBRK, INC.)
- WJJW (91.1 FM; NORTH ADAMS, MA; Owner: MASS., COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS)
TV broadcast stations around Williamstown:
- WCDC-TV (Channel 19; ADAMS, MA; Owner: YOUNG BROADCASTING OF ALBANY, INC.)
- W38DL (Channel 38; ADAMS, ETC., MA; Owner: WNYT-TV, LLC)
- WNGN-LP (Channel 26; TROY, NY; Owner: BRIAN A. LARSON)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.