Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 2,108. Estimated population in July 2005: 2,083 (-1.2% change)
Males: 1,019 (48.3%), Females: 1,089 (51.7%)
Median resident age: 39.1 years
Median household income: $26,392 (year 2000)
Median house value: $82,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Harrison:
- White Non-Hispanic (93.9%)
- Black (2.0%)
- American Indian (1.8%)
- Hispanic (1.5%)
- Two or more races (1.4%)
- Other Asian (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (19.5%), English (12.4%), Irish (11.2%), United States (9.3%), Polish (5.3%), French (4.9%).
New! Michigan forum
Elevation: 1186 feet
Land area: 3.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Harrison
- High school or higher: 79.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.1%
- Unemployed: 9.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Harrison city
- Never married: 24.4%
- Now married: 48.6%
- Separated: 2.9%
- Widowed: 11.3%
- Divorced: 12.8%
0.8% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +274 (+14.9%).
Hospitals - out detailed info & resources General Hospitals />
Bloomfield Home Sales - Internet Marketing Advantage. All Broker Listings And Much More />
For Real Estate? - Local Experts Focusing On W. Bloomfield Can Help You! />
Attorneys - Found The Top 3 Sites On Divorce Attorneys />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MI Saginaw, (71.6 miles pop. 61,799).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MI Detroit, (162.4 miles pop. 951,270).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (248.7 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: MI (13.6 miles Farwell, MI (14.0 miles Clare, Lake, MI (19.8 miles Houghton MI (21.5 miles Gladwin, MI Prudenville, (21.7 miles MI (22.4 miles Rosebush, MI (23.4 miles Coleman, MI (23.6 miles Beaverton,
Latitude: 44.02 N, Longitude: 84.80 W
Area code: 989
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (22.2%), Retail trade (15.3%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (12.3%), Manufacturing (11.4%).
Average climate in Harrison, Michigan
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Harrison-area historical tornado activity is below Michigan state average. It is 17% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1956, a category 5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 58.0 miles away from the Harrison city center killed 18 people and injured 340 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 3/30/1976, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 40.6 miles away from the city center injured 10 people.
Hospitals/medical centers near Harrison:
- MIDMICHIGAN MEDICAL CENTER-CLARE (about 14 miles; CLARE, MI)
- MIDMICHIGAN MEDICAL CENTER-GLADWIN (about 24 miles; GLADWIN, MI)
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 29 miles; MOUNT PLEASANT, MI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Harrison:
- MBS INTL (about 62 miles; SAGINAW, MI; ID: MBS)
- OTSEGO COUNTY (about 68 miles; GAYLORD, MI; ID: GLR)
- CHERRY CAPITAL (about 73 miles; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; ID: TVC)
Other public-use airports nearest to Harrison:
- CLARE COUNTY (about 2 miles; HARRISON, MI; ID: 80D)
- CLARE MUNI (about 14 miles; CLARE, MI; ID: 48D)
- HOUGHTON LAKE STATE (about 21 miles; HOUGHTON LAKE HEIGHTS, MI; ID: 5Y2)
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Financial Administration ||1 ||$2,653 ||$31,836 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other and Unallocable ||1 ||$3,419 ||$41,028 ||0 ||$0 |
|Local Libraries ||3 ||$6,187 ||$24,748 ||1 ||$496 |
|Water Supply ||2 ||$5,045 ||$30,270 ||0 ||$0 |
|Parks and Recreation ||1 ||$2,533 ||$30,396 ||0 ||$0 |
|Sewerage ||2 ||$5,541 ||$33,246 ||0 ||$0 |
|Streets and Highways ||1 ||$2,724 ||$32,688 ||0 ||$0 |
|Firefighters ||0 ||$0 || ||28 ||$3,145 |
|Other Government Administration ||1 ||$3,632 ||$43,584 ||7 ||$142 |
|Totals for Government ||12 ||$31,734 ||$31,734 ||36 ||$3,782 | College/University in Harrison:
- MID MICHIGAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 1,374; Location: 1375 S CLARE AVE; Public; Website: www.midmich.cc.mi.us)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Harrison:
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY (about 32 miles; MT PLEASANT, MI; Full-time enrollment: 21,353)
- NORTHWOOD UNIVERSITY (about 47 miles; MIDLAND, MI; FT enrollment: 2,784)
- FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY (about 52 miles; BIG RAPIDS, MI; FT enrollment: 8,593)
- SAGINAW VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (about 65 miles; UNIVERSITY CENTER, MI; FT enrollment: 6,216)
- DELTA COLLEGE (about 65 miles; UNIVERSITY CENTER, MI; FT enrollment: 5,117)
- NORTHWESTERN MICHIGAN COLLEGE (about 72 miles; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; FT enrollment: 2,343)
- CALVIN COLLEGE (about 92 miles; GRAND RAPIDS, MI; FT enrollment: 4,148)
Public high school in Harrison:
- HARRISON COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 691; Location: 700 S. FIFTH STREET; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Harrison:
- HARRISON MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 533; Location: 710 S. FIFTH STREET; Grades: 06 - 08)
- HILLSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 524; Location: 201 N. FOURTH STREET; Grades: KG - 05)
- ROBERT M. LARSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 336; Location: 455 W. SPRUCE STREET; Grades: KG - 05)
- HARRISON ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION (Students: 38; Location: 420 W. SPRUCE STREET; Grades: UG - UG)
Library in Harrison:
- HARRISON COMMUNITY LIBRARY (Operating income: $151,020; Location: 105 WEST MAIN STREET; 27,563 books; 2,530 audio materials; 1,788 video materials; 90 serial subscriptions)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Harrison is not near Detroit, it is indeed in Clare county, but that is 100 miles north of Lansing.
- You have two cities mixed up here. One is Harrisville (I think that\'s the name and the other is Harrison. Harrison is located in the middle of the state of Michigan not by the water as you indicated. It is nearer to Clare or Cadillac than where you have it. The correct zip code for Harrison is 48625 but it is not near most of the places that you have. added by Michelle
Notable location: Gowanie Country Club (A).
Church in Harrison: Saint Huberts Church (A).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Black Creek (A), Peltier Drain (B), Tucker Jones Drain (C).
Park in Harrison: Metropolitan Beach (1).
Harrison compared to Michigan state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Harrison:
- WKKM (1540 AM; daytime; 1 kW; HARRISON, MI; Owner: LAURIE L. FOSTER)
- WLDR (1210 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KINGSLEY, MI; Owner: FORT BEND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WTCM (580 AM; 35 kW; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: WTCM RADIO, INC.)
- WOAP (1080 AM; 50 kW; OWOSSO, MI)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WWJ (950 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WFDF (910 AM; 50 kW; FLINT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WKJF (1370 AM; 5 kW; CADILLAC, MI; Owner: WKJF RADIO, INC.)
- WCCW (1310 AM; 15 kW; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: WCCW RADIO, INC.)
- WGDN (1350 AM; 1 kW; GLADWIN, MI; Owner: APPLE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WXYT (1270 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF DETROIT)
- WOOD (1300 AM; 20 kW; GRAND RAPIDS, MI; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCHB (1200 AM; 50 kW; TAYLOR, MI; Owner: RADIO ONE OF DETROIT, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Harrison:
- WVXH (92.1 FM; HARRISON, MI; Owner: XAVIER UNIVERSITY)
- WUPS (98.5 FM; HOUGHTON LAKE, MI; Owner: COLTRACE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCEN-FM (94.5 FM; HEMLOCK, MI; Owner: NM LICENSING LLC)
- WEJC (88.3 FM; WHITE STAR, MI; Owner: SUPERIOR COMMUNICATIONS)
- WGDN-FM (103.1 FM; GLADWIN, MI; Owner: APPLE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WUGN (99.7 FM; MIDLAND, MI; Owner: FAMILY LIFE BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC)
- WMRX-FM (97.7 FM; BEAVERTON, MI; Owner: STEEL BROADCASTING, INC)
- WCFX (95.3 FM; CLARE, MI; Owner: GOLDSEN BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WPRJ (101.7 FM; COLEMAN, MI; Owner: COME TOGETHER MINISTRIES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Harrison:
- W61CS (Channel 61; HOUGHTON LAKE, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W50CD (Channel 50; HOUGHTON LAKE, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W36CE (Channel 36; HOUGHTON LAKE, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WWTV (Channel 9; CADILLAC, MI; Owner: HERITAGE B/CING COMPANY OF MICHIGAN)
- WCMU-TV (Channel 14; MOUNT PLEASANT, MI; Owner: CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY)
- W52CO (Channel 52; HOUGHTON LAKE, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W63CH (Channel 63; HOUGHTON LAKE, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W18CB (Channel 18; HOUGHTON LAKE, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W57CQ (Channel 57; HOUGHTON LAKE, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W31BN (Channel 31; HOUGHTON LAKE, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W65DJ (Channel 65; HOUGHTON LAKE, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WBWM-LP (Channel 32; MOUNT PLEASANT, MI; Owner: P & P CABLE HOLDINGS, L.L.C.)
- W61DK (Channel 61; MOUNT PLEASANT, MI; Owner: NTN/SAGINAW, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.