Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 11,283
Males: 5,214 (46.2%), Females: 6,069 (53.8%)
Median resident age: 37.6 years
Median household income: $50,679 (year 2000)
Median house value: $143,900 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Haslett:
- White Non-Hispanic (90.8%)
- Hispanic (2.5%)
- Black (2.4%)
- Two or more races (1.5%)
- Chinese (0.9%)
- Other race (0.7%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
- Asian Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (28.6%), Irish (15.5%), English (14.3%), Polish (8.0%), United States (4.9%), Italian (4.8%).
New! Michigan forum
Elevation: 870 feet
Land area: 8.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Haslett
- High school or higher: 93.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 47.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 20.1%
- Unemployed: 2.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Haslett CDP
- Never married: 26.1%
- Now married: 53.5%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 5.8%
- Divorced: 13.9%
4.6% Foreign born (2.1% Asia, 1.6% Europe, 0.5% Latin America).
Bloomfield Home Sales - Internet Marketing Advantage. All Broker Listings And Much More />
and Contractors - a Builder or Contractor Search by Name or Type />
Realty USA - Las Vegas Buyers Broker Search new and existing homes now />
For Real Estate? - Local Experts Focusing On W. Bloomfield Can Help You! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MI Lansing, (10.4 miles pop. 119,128).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MI Detroit, (93.1 miles pop. 951,270).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (233.5 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: MI Okemos, (3.1 miles Lansing, MI East (5.2 miles MI Williamston, (9.5 miles MI (10.3 miles Laingsburg, MI Lansing, (10.4 miles MI (11.2 miles Holt, MI Mason, (12.2 miles Witt, MI (12.9 miles De
Latitude: 42.75 N, Longitude: 84.41 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (33.2%), Public administration (11.2%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,929 (-34.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 770 (12.6%)
Average climate in Haslett, Michigan
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Haslett-area historical tornado activity is above Michigan state average. It is 88% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/11/1965, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 17.3 miles away from the Haslett city center killed one person and injured 8 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 4/21/1967, a category 4 tornado 22.0 miles away from the city center injured 8 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Haslett:
- EDWARD W SPARROW HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION (about 9 miles; LANSING, MI)
- INGHAM REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 11 miles; LANSING, MI)
- CLINTON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 21 miles; SAINT JOHNS, MI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Haslett:
- CAPITAL CITY (about 13 miles; LANSING, MI; ID: LAN)
- BISHOP INTERNATIONAL (about 49 miles; FLINT, MI; ID: FNT)
- MBS INTL (about 58 miles; SAGINAW, MI; ID: MBS)
Other public-use airports nearest to Haslett:
- MAIDENS (about 7 miles; WILLIAMSTON, MI; ID: 89Y)
- UNIVERSITY AIRPARK (about 7 miles; BATH, MI; ID: 41G)
- DENNIS FARMS (about 10 miles; LAINGSBURG, MI; ID: 15W)
Amtrak station near Haslett:
- 7 miles: EAST LANSING (1240 S. HARRISON ST.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Haslett:
- MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 6 miles; EAST LANSING, MI; Full-time enrollment: 38,639)
- LANSING COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 11 miles; LANSING, MI; FT enrollment: 8,454)
- JACKSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 35 miles; JACKSON, MI; FT enrollment: 2,756)
- SPRING ARBOR UNIVERSITY (about 40 miles; SPRING ARBOR, MI; FT enrollment: 2,266)
- KETTERING UNIVERSITY (about 51 miles; FLINT, MI; FT enrollment: 2,900)
- BAKER COLLEGE OF FLINT (about 52 miles; FLINT, MI; FT enrollment: 2,734)
- WASHTENAW COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 53 miles; ANN ARBOR, MI; FT enrollment: 5,436)
Public high schools in Haslett:
- HASLETT HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 922; Location: 5450 MARSH ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- HASLETT ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION (Students: 135; Location: 1590 FRANKLIN STREET; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Haslett:
- HASLETT MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 651; Location: 1535 FRANKLIN STREET; Grades: 06 - 08)
- WILKSHIRE SCHOOL (Students: 436; Location: 5750 ACADEMIC WAY; Grades: PK - 01)
- VERA RALYA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 407; Location: 5645 SCHOOL STREET; Grades: 02 - 05)
- MURPHY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 390; Location: 1875 LAKE LANSING ROAD; Grades: 02 - 05)
Church in Haslett: Lake Lansing Church (A).
Lakes: O'The Hills, Lake (A), Wildlife Lake (B), Lansing, Lake (C).
Haslett compared to Michigan state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Haslett:
- WKAR (870 AM; daytime; 10 kW; EAST LANSING, MI; Owner: MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WOAP (1080 AM; 50 kW; OWOSSO, MI)
- WILS (1320 AM; 5 kW; LANSING, MI)
- WJIM (1240 AM; 1 kW; LANSING, MI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WFDF (910 AM; 50 kW; FLINT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WWJ (950 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WXYT (1270 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF DETROIT)
- WCHB (1200 AM; 50 kW; TAYLOR, MI; Owner: RADIO ONE OF DETROIT, LLC)
- WDFN (1130 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WUNN (1110 AM; daytime; 1 kW; MASON, MI; Owner: FAMILY LIFE BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WXLA (1180 AM; daytime; 1 kW; DIMONDALE, MI; Owner: MID MICHIGAN FM, INC.)
- WVFN (730 AM; 1 kW; EAST LANSING, MI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Haslett:
- WKAR-FM (90.5 FM; EAST LANSING, MI; Owner: MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WLGH (88.1 FM; LEROY TOWNSHIP, MI; Owner: SUPERIOR COMMUNICATIONS)
- WFMK (99.1 FM; EAST LANSING, MI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WITL-FM (100.7 FM; LANSING, MI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WDBM (88.9 FM; EAST LANSING, MI; Owner: BD OF TRUSTEE OF MICHIGAN STATE UNIV)
- WHZZ (101.7 FM; LANSING, MI; Owner: THE MACDONALD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WJIM-FM (97.5 FM; LANSING, MI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WMMQ (94.9 FM; EAST LANSING, MI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKMY (92.1 FM; ST. JOHNS, MI; Owner: RUBBER CITY RADIO GROUP)
- WRSR (103.9 FM; OWOSSO, MI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WQHH (96.5 FM; DEWITT, MI; Owner: MID MICHIGAN FM, INC.)
- WVIC (94.1 FM; JACKSON, MI; Owner: RUBBER CITY RADIO GROUP)
- WJXQ (106.1 FM; JACKSON, MI; Owner: RUBBER CITY RADIO GROUP)
- WQTX (92.7 FM; CHARLOTTE, MI; Owner: RUBBER CITY RADIO GROUP)
- WLNZ (89.7 FM; LANSING, MI; Owner: LANSING COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- W284AH (104.7 FM; LANSING, MI; Owner: SPRING ARBOR COLLEGE COMMUNICATIONS)
TV broadcast stations around Haslett:
- WKAR-TV (Channel 23; EAST LANSING, MI; Owner: BOARD OF TRUSTEES, MICH. STATE UNIV.)
- WLNS-TV (Channel 6; LANSING, MI; Owner: YOUNG BROADCASTING OF LANSING, INC.)
- W69BJ (Channel 69; LANSING, MI; Owner: TRI-STATE CHRISTIAN TV, INC.)
- WLAJ (Channel 53; LANSING, MI; Owner: FREEDOM BROADCASTING OF MICHIGAN, INC.)
- WHTV (Channel 18; JACKSON, MI; Owner: SPARTAN-TV, L.L.C.)
- WILX-TV (Channel 10; ONONDAGA, MI; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- WSYM-TV (Channel 47; LANSING, MI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- W24CG (Channel 24; HOUGHTON LAKE, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WPXD (Channel 31; ANN ARBOR, MI; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WSMH (Channel 66; FLINT, MI; Owner: WSMH LICENSEE, LLC)
- WAQP (Channel 49; SAGINAW, MI; Owner: TCT OF MICHIGAN, INC.)
- WJRT-TV (Channel 12; FLINT, MI; Owner: FLINT LICENSE SUBSIDIARY CORP.)
- W27CJ (Channel 27; ANN ARBOR, MI; Owner: TCT OF MICHIGAN, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.