Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,574
Males: 3,329 (50.6%), Females: 3,245 (49.4%)
Median resident age: 33.9 years
Median household income: $51,504 (year 2000)
Median house value: $161,200 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Whitmore Lake:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.1%)
- Two or more races (1.7%)
- Hispanic (1.5%)
- American Indian (1.4%)
- Black (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (21.2%), Irish (11.6%), Polish (11.0%), English (8.9%), French (7.2%), United States (6.2%).
New! Lake, Michigan forum
Elevation: 900 feet
Land area: 4.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Whitmore Lake
- High school or higher: 89.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.0%
- Unemployed: 3.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 28.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Whitmore Lake CDP
- Never married: 23.7%
- Now married: 58.2%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 4.2%
- Divorced: 13.0%
3.1% Foreign born (1.6% Europe, 1.1% Asia, 0.5% North America).
Local Home Search - Local Realtor Listings on Multi-list by Yourself! />
MI real estate - michigan real estate homes for sale virtual tours />
area photographer - Detroit photographer for corporations, magazines, agencies />
Michigan Dating - Just Lunch Dating Service for Local professionals & busy singles />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Arbor, MI Ann (10.0 miles pop. 114,024).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MI Detroit, (45.0 miles pop. 951,270).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (272.5 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Hills, MI (7.0 miles Barton MI Brighton, (7.7 miles Lyon, MI (7.8 miles South Arbor, MI Ann (10.0 miles MI Dexter, (10.4 miles MI Pinckney, (13.2 miles MI Ypsilanti, (15.4 miles MI Milford, (16.0 miles
Latitude: 42.42 N, Longitude: 83.76 W
Area code: 734
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.2%), Manufacturing (18.5%), Construction (11.2%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,291 (-34.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 264 (7.4%)
Average climate in Whitmore Lake, Michigan
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Whitmore Lake-area historical tornado activity is above Michigan state average. It is 102% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/4/1957, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 7.2 miles away from the Whitmore Lake city center injured 6 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 3/20/1976, a category 4 tornado 24.1 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 55 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Whitmore Lake:
- BRIGHTON HOSPITAL (about 7 miles; BRIGHTON, MI)
- UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN HEALTH SYSTEM (about 11 miles; ANN ARBOR, MI)
- ST JOSEPH MERCY HOSPITAL (about 13 miles; ANN ARBOR, MI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Whitmore Lake:
- WILLOW RUN (about 21 miles; DETROIT, MI; ID: YIP)
- OAKLAND COUNTY INTERNATIONAL (about 29 miles; PONTIAC, MI; ID: PTK)
- DETROIT METROPOLITAN WAYNE COUNTY (about 32 miles; DETROIT, MI; ID: DTW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Whitmore Lake:
- CACKLEBERRY (about 8 miles; DEXTER, MI; ID: 2E8)
- BRIGHTON (about 11 miles; BRIGHTON, MI; ID: 45G)
- RAETHER (about 12 miles; HOWELL, MI; ID: 4Y1)
Amtrak station near Whitmore Lake:
- 10 miles: ANN ARBOR (325 DEPOT ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, taxi stand.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Whitmore Lake:
- UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN-ANN ARBOR (about 10 miles; ANN ARBOR, MI; Full-time enrollment: 35,684)
- WASHTENAW COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 13 miles; ANN ARBOR, MI; FT enrollment: 5,436)
- EASTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY (about 16 miles; YPSILANTI, MI; FT enrollment: 17,476)
- SCHOOLCRAFT COLLEGE (about 28 miles; LIVONIA, MI; FT enrollment: 4,780)
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY (about 28 miles; LIVONIA, MI; FT enrollment: 2,431)
- HENRY FORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 35 miles; DEARBORN, MI; FT enrollment: 6,572)
- UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN-DEARBORN (about 35 miles; DEARBORN, MI; FT enrollment: 5,574)
Public high school in Whitmore Lake:
- WHITMORE LAKE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 354; Location: 8877 MAIN STREET; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Whitmore Lake:
- WHITMORE LAKE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 653; Location: 1077 BARKER ROAD; Grades: PK - 04)
- WHITMORE LAKE MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 428; Location: 8877 MAIN STREET; Grades: 05 - 08)
Library in Whitmore Lake:
- NORTHFIELD TOWNSHIP AREA LIBRARY (Operating income: $410,494; Location: 125 BARKER ROAD; 17,828 books; 751 audio materials; 473 video materials; 21 serial subscriptions)
Lakes: Monahan Lake (A), Whitmore Lake (B), Horseshoe Lake (C).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: O'connor Drain (A).
Whitmore Lake compared to Michigan state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Whitmore Lake:
- WFDF (910 AM; 50 kW; FLINT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WDEO (990 AM; 9 kW; YPSILANTI, MI; Owner: WORD BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WCHB (1200 AM; 50 kW; TAYLOR, MI; Owner: RADIO ONE OF DETROIT, LLC)
- WXYT (1270 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF DETROIT)
- WWJ (950 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTKA (1050 AM; 10 kW; ANN ARBOR, MI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDFN (1130 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WOAP (1080 AM; 50 kW; OWOSSO, MI)
- WSDS (1480 AM; 4 kW; SALEM TOWNSHIP, MI; Owner: KOCH BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WAAM (1600 AM; 5 kW; ANN ARBOR, MI; Owner: WHITEHALL ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WKAR (870 AM; daytime; 10 kW; EAST LANSING, MI; Owner: MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WXDX (1310 AM; 5 kW; DEARBORN, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Whitmore Lake:
- WUOM (91.7 FM; ANN ARBOR, MI; Owner: THE REGENTS OF THE UNIV. OF MICH.)
- WWWW (102.9 FM; ANN ARBOR, MI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WQKL (107.1 FM; ANN ARBOR, MI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAAQ (88.3 FM; ONSTED, MI; Owner: GREAT LAKES COMMUNITY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WEMU (89.1 FM; YPSILANTI, MI; Owner: EASTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY)
- WCBN-FM (88.3 FM; ANN ARBOR, MI; Owner: THE REGENTS OF THE UNIV. OF MICHIGAN)
- WRIF (101.1 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WKRK-FM (97.1 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMGC-FM (105.1 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WCSX (94.7 FM; BIRMINGHAM, MI; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WHMI-FM (93.5 FM; HOWELL, MI; Owner: THE LIVINGSTON RADIO COMPANY)
- WYCD (99.5 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF MICHIGAN)
TV broadcast stations around Whitmore Lake:
- WPXD (Channel 31; ANN ARBOR, MI; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- W48BZ (Channel 48; SAULT STE. MARIE, MI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WXYZ-TV (Channel 7; DETROIT, MI; Owner: CHANNEL 7 OF DETROIT, INC.)
- WKBD (Channel 50; DETROIT, MI; Owner: VIACOM STATIONS GROUP OF DETROIT INC.)
- WJBK (Channel 2; DETROIT, MI; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WDIV-TV (Channel 4; DETROIT, MI; Owner: POST-NEWSWEEK STATIONS, MICHIGAN, INC.)
- WWJ-TV (Channel 62; DETROIT, MI; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WDWB (Channel 20; DETROIT, MI; Owner: WXON LICENSE, INC.)
- WTVS (Channel 56; DETROIT, MI; Owner: DETROIT EDUC. TV FOUNDATION)
- WFUM (Channel 28; FLINT, MI; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.